Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiffler

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

imtommygunn

Can't see your bottom four happening. Be very surprised if st endas win. Portglenone to beat ahoghill. Aghagallon to beat moneyglass and Creggan to beat Dunloy. Other than that spot on...

country bumpkin

Quote from: delgany on August 23, 2023, 09:08:33 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on August 23, 2023, 12:53:41 PM
Quote from: Stillwater2 on August 23, 2023, 12:32:44 PM
All clubs were informed by CCC that all games need to be played / refixed before the split to be allowed to be added to their total overall points. Games not played before the split  and refixed after the split, wouldn't be allowed

Plenty of advance warning.

Indeed, and when did the split occur...........?
The cut off date was 10th Aug !
Quite a few games played after that date....maybe you can come over and explain to a lot of disappointed (13/15 year olds.....

Saffrongael

Just because you are paranoid doesent mean they aren't out to get you
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on August 23, 2023, 10:22:56 PM
All clubs were informed by CCC that all games need to be played / refixed before the split to be allowed to be added to their total overall points. Games not played before the split  and refixed after the split, wouldn't be allowed

Quite a few games played after that date....maybe you can come over and explain to a lot of disappointed (13/15 year olds.....

Aldergrove would be disappointed  I'd say not getting a chance to finish their last game in div 3

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Ghost+Tommy

As I said,the cesspit will hold no fear for our boys,we won't be bullied,10/3 is very generous and I'll be having a bit off that

Dreen

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 23, 2023, 05:46:02 PM
Quote from: Dreen on August 23, 2023, 03:30:50 PM
Fixtures running every 2 weeks is no use to anyone. We need weekly fixtures at u12/14/16 and18s next year. We can't do away with games for the majority because of dual players in the minority

Rasharkin Creggan Clooney and Tir na Og Dunloy  and others are a big mix of dual players, I personally love turning up one week at a club and the lads are hurling then next week same lads are out with the big ball!

They are slightly different in their approach to the ref also  ;D

The games are what they are, hurling one week football the next, if you are only playing one code then find another sport if you feel it's not enough.
[/quotes

You are way off the mark there MR2 and they will find another sport that provides them weekly games.

You may love reffing a different code every week buts it's no use to bring players throug

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dreen on August 23, 2023, 11:48:25 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 23, 2023, 05:46:02 PM
Quote from: Dreen on August 23, 2023, 03:30:50 PM
Fixtures running every 2 weeks is no use to anyone. We need weekly fixtures at u12/14/16 and18s next year. We can't do away with games for the majority because of dual players in the minority

Rasharkin Creggan Clooney and Tir na Og Dunloy  and others are a big mix of dual players, I personally love turning up one week at a club and the lads are hurling then next week same lads are out with the big ball!

They are slightly different in their approach to the ref also  ;D

The games are what they are, hurling one week football the next, if you are only playing one code then find another sport if you feel it's not enough.
[/quotes

You are way off the mark there MR2 and they will find another sport that provides them weekly games.

You may love reffing a different code every week buts it's no use to bring players throug

Works in countless counties.

Your solution is?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

barnish oggie

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 23, 2023, 10:33:49 PM

Aldergrove would be disappointed  I'd say not getting a chance to finish their last game in div 3

Yes but you are missing the point here, it is only about the siege mentality and everyone is out to get Cargin.

Bend the rules to make sure they don't get an u15 league title.

Never mind the facts of the matter....

NAG1

Quote from: barnish oggie on August 24, 2023, 10:14:26 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 23, 2023, 10:33:49 PM

Yes but you are missing the point here, it is only about the siege mentality and everyone is out to get Cargin.

Bend the rules to make sure they don't get an u15 league title.

Never mind the facts of the matter....

The facts don't seem to matter much, never mind the other clubs in the mix in the same situation looking at the tables/ scorelines on the website.

Never seen so much drama about a Div 3 u15 League title

erinsboy

My gripe with this issue is that this is the second year in a row this has happened. Last year Belfast clubs just refused to travel down for games and then one club that wouldn't concide the points also wouldn't agree to a refixed date hence costing Cargin the 2 points and handing Creggan the league.

This year our U15 played every single game ,the game away to Aldergrove they where missing 5 strong players but still played the fixture....

The last game against Rasharkin was set with referee named, so it was to everyone involved a league game for points and there was no worries that the same problem from last year was going to happen again.

It doesn't seem fair to the kids or the parents who make the sacrifices to get to these games week in week out to make it all for nothing .It doesn't matter if its only a division 3 title or not.

Dreen

Looking at U15 this year there are 27 club teams playing football out in of that 10 are dual clubs.

At u17 25 teams playing football with 10 of them being dual.

I've left amalgamations out of it that but there are 2 at u15 hurling and 3 at u17 hurling with 1 at u17 football.

Which counties do you see it working MR2, and how can we make it more like them.

Our underages league are not near the level they were under south west divisional board from my own point of view
Under all county it's becomes a mess trying to please everybody and it's impossible to do so.

barnish oggie

Quote from: erinsboy on August 24, 2023, 11:41:45 AM
My gripe with this issue is that this is the second year in a row this has happened. Last year Belfast clubs just refused to travel down for games and then one club that wouldn't concide the points also wouldn't agree to a refixed date hence costing Cargin the 2 points and handing Creggan the league.

This year our U15 played every single game ,the game away to Aldergrove they where missing 5 strong players but still played the fixture....

The last game against Rasharkin was set with referee named, so it was to everyone involved a league game for points and there was no worries that the same problem from last year was going to happen again.

It doesn't seem fair to the kids or the parents who make the sacrifices to get to these games week in week out to make it all for nothing .It doesn't matter if its only a division 3 title or not.

Last year I agree you were very hard done by.

But I think this year, as it was so close and 1 game makes a huge difference, then if your last game counted Aldergrove should be entitled to play theirs.

We always aim to fulfil our fixtures, it is better going and taking a beating than having the kids missing out on a game.

At one stage we were challenging for the league but then lost players for a few weeks and lost 3 in a row.

We could easily have asked for those games to be postponed and wait until we had a full panel but didn't.

It is disappointing when you see some clubs regularly miss fixtures at that age group because they just want to manipulate the games to suit themselves and not that of their players.

This happened a hell of a lot last year with the all county setup.

PS I and many other coaches (inc Cargin's coach) in that league don't see it as Div 3, as it isn't at all.

It should be Div 2B, as Div 2 was split geographically and not on ability.

Really, they should have had a play off at the end of the year between the top of Div 2a and 2b for the Div 2 champion.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: barnish oggie on August 24, 2023, 12:07:36 PM
Quote from: erinsboy on August 24, 2023, 11:41:45 AM

Last year I agree you were very hard done by.

But I think this year, as it was so close and 1 game makes a huge difference, then if your last game counted Aldergrove should be entitled to play theirs.

We always aim to fulfil our fixtures, it is better going and taking a beating than having the kids missing out on a game.

At one stage we were challenging for the league but then lost players for a few weeks and lost 3 in a row.

We could easily have asked for those games to be postponed and wait until we had a full panel but didn't.

It is disappointing when you see some clubs regularly miss fixtures at that age group because they just want to manipulate the games to suit themselves and not that of their players.

This happened a hell of a lot last year with the all county setup.

PS I and many other coaches (inc Cargin's coach) in that league don't see it as Div 3, as it isn't at all.

It should be Div 2B, as Div 2 was split geographically and not on ability.

Really, they should have had a play off at the end of the year between the top of Div 2a and 2b for the Div 2 champion

agree totally with your Ps bit there. dont know why they didnt name it 2A and B. And an all county final wouldve been the way to go
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

country bumpkin

Quote from: Saffrongael on August 23, 2023, 10:32:12 PM
Just because you are paranoid doesent mean they aren't out to get you

Past the 'sell by' date to play for under-15s.....perhaps you will explain why under-15 competition proceeded past 10th and still going..perhaps you have friends in high places.