Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOC1923

BS I ran my eye over St Brigids today following your prediction that they could be championship contenders the other day, no chance my friend, that's all I will say!!

bannside

Time will tell EOC, can't see how the availability of 6 senior county panellists won't greatly improve them. Rossa gave us their fill of it as usual. Second time in a few weeks we have come from three or four down to grab a point!

No one sitting the world on fire atm. Still early days.

country bumpkin

Quote from: Pjoe on May 07, 2023, 07:36:38 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on May 07, 2023, 06:53:07 PM
Big win for Cargin on the Musgrave sod...another league title back in vision.....

Hope you got to stand and march wherever you wanted. Would hate to see that 'DUP esk' persecution syndrome appear again when you visit Musgrave.

Well order from on high said segregation required and 'no parking' on the grass....Culchies stay away.....

JimStynes

EOC1923

Quote from: bannside on May 07, 2023, 09:38:26 PM
Time will tell EOC, can't see how the availability of 6 senior county panellists won't greatly improve them. Rossa gave us their fill of it as usual. Second time in a few weeks we have come from three or four down to grab a point!

I don't care how many county panellists missing, none of them are that great tbh, so it's a firm no from me.

country bumpkin

Quote from: EOC1923 on May 07, 2023, 09:50:35 PM

I don't care how many county panellists missing, none of them are that great tbh, so it's a firm no from me.

Methinks BS has relatives in and around the Biddies....

GiveItToTheShooters

They're not 6 senior county panellists though.

JimStynes

The standard of the league this year is shite enough. Still don't think we will be able to judge teams for another couple months.

InnocentByStander

You know nor critical I am with refs, but MR2 thought you had a good game.
One question why didn't you see the tackle on Cargin number 11 a foul on the lead up to to brigids goal?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: InnocentByStander on May 07, 2023, 10:38:11 PM
One question why didn't you see the tackle on Cargin number 11 a foul on the lead up to to brigids goal?

My view was simple, two lads jumped for the ball, shoulder to shoulder one lad stayed down the other got up, players collide all the time in a game, in fact when we throw the ball in players jump for the ball and collide, that was how I saw it, two lads honestly going for the ball.

That's my view on it, it did not cause the goal btw, the goal happened when the keeper came out and missed the ball.

There were lots of shoulder or collision's in the game and I let them go also.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

PatShivGOAT

Quote from: InnocentByStander on May 07, 2023, 10:38:11 PM

Ah now not sure I agree with that...I thought EOC were lucky to get the win. If McKeown wasn't the ref it might've been 3 losses on the bounce for EOC. In saying that, St Brigids youngins had EOC oldies on toast. Lav n Justy thought they were in Twisters after a rowdy night out in Toome. Think its time for baby Shivers and co to step up.

barnish oggie

Quote from: JimStynes on May 07, 2023, 09:45:29 PM
We were brutal today.

And yet have the points......we threw away yet another winning position by not being able to close a game out.

No scores for the last 20min+ of the second half is shocking.

Did the same against Moneyglass and almost threw a 12 point lead away to St Endas.

The mentality needs to change if we have any hope of staying up this year.

Saffrongael

Quote from: Antrim on May 08, 2023, 09:01:14 AM
Quote from: Saffrongael on May 07, 2023, 10:59:38 AM
Quote from: Ghost+Tommy on May 07, 2023, 10:52:35 AM
Congratulations on GNM winning the feile yesterday in St Endas,a big scalp considering they won it with St Endas,St Brigid's,Moneyglass ,Casements all in it ,and any 1 off that 4 thinking they could've won it

Yep and they won the Div 2 Feile hurling a few weeks ago too

They only won the B Feile.
Cushendall we're A champions.

"Only". Yeah that's why I said they won the Div 2 Feile  ???
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

SaffronSports

The Gort na Mona camogs were amalgamated with Sarsfields last year and won the B Féile then too. The club must be doing something right.

Saffrongael

Quote from: SaffronSports on May 08, 2023, 11:24:51 AM
The Gort na Mona camogs were amalgamated with Sarsfields last year and won the B Féile then too. The club must be doing something right.

I had actually heard they were struggling to field at some of their underage groups but they obviously have the numbers at U-15 in both codes
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come