Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

realisticsaff

Quote from: SaffronSports on April 22, 2023, 10:39:58 PM
I've no idea who the PRO is or anything about him but I highly doubt while covering a Leinster Championship Hurling match he'd have much time to be scrolling Twitter for updates of another match.

Half the time when you're updating Twitter with match updates the next poc out has happened quickly and you miss a load of the match as it is without scrolling for another match.

We'll dont retweet things on twitter all week about buying tickets to the minor game then.

SaffronSports

Quote from: Would ye whist on April 22, 2023, 10:48:40 PM
I can see both sides of the argument here and I get it the PRO was in Corrigan, however you would think he could have made arrangements with say Safrron Gael, a mate or club mate who was going to the minor game and let them update the scores on the County Twitter account, we aren't looking Sky Sports coverage however a team sheet, the score and at a push a scorer is the minimum that can be expected in this day and age

I had a very brief stint with a Camogie County account and I had to be approved at one of the meetings by the clubs before I was allowed access to the account so there could be a similar reason.

SaffronSports

Quote from: realisticsaff on April 22, 2023, 11:06:29 PM
I've no idea who the PRO is or anything about him but I highly doubt while covering a Leinster Championship Hurling match he'd have much time to be scrolling Twitter for updates of another match.

Half the time when you're updating Twitter with match updates the next poc out has happened quickly and you miss a load of the match as it is without scrolling for another match.

We'll dont retweet things on twitter all week about buying tickets to the minor game then.

So you can gurn about them completely ignoring the match? Or if someone's granny or granda turns up and didn't know you needed tickets you could gurn about that?

SaffSpot

Minor game started at 1pm in Dunsilly, 30+ mins to half time, surely a retweet from other accounts such as Ulster GAA or Cavan who were at it would have been acceptable. Senior hurlers threw in at 2pm, 35+ mins later and it's half time, surely there was sufficient enough time to retweet a FT score from minors?

Would ye whist

Do or would people seek out either my or CB's Twitter to find updates on the county teams? I doubt it why would they or would they go to the Official Antrim account as it is referred to in the bio of the Twitter account.
I think you seem a decent enough chap MR2 (doubtless you don't care what I think of you) however sometimes you can refrain from raising a non starter of a defence/rebuttal on behalf of the county board

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 22, 2023, 10:59:04 PM
Quote from: Would ye whist on April 22, 2023, 10:48:40 PM
I can see both sides of the argument here and I get it the PRO was in Corrigan, however you would think he could have made arrangements with say Safrron Gael, a mate or club mate who was going to the minor game and let them update the scores on the County Twitter account, we aren't looking Sky Sports coverage however a team sheet, the score and at a push a scorer is the minimum that can be expected in this day and age

Were you at Dunsilly? If you have Twitter you could have 'twitted' not sure of wording there.

Could let's say someone who regularly posts, reports or is a regular 'reporter' for SG,  hmmmm I don't know CB ;D, who said he was at Dunsilly not do that ?

Milltown Row2

No defence from me, I just don't see how you can split a man who volunteers to do a Pro job for the county and be expected to be in two places at once or have two glipes who called him on regular occasions a 'wee rat' to help the county board out...

I don't defend the county board either, you have to remember this, I've said it regularly also, as a player or manager over the years I've called them out on numerous occasions here and at county level.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

realisticsaff

Quote from: SaffronSports on April 22, 2023, 11:13:36 PM

So you can gurn about them completely ignoring the match? Or if someone's granny or granda turns up and didn't know you needed tickets you could gurn about that?

Antrim have had 2 ulster minor matches and the county havent been to either and done no coverage what so ever, its clear they couldnt care less about the young lads who are travelling up and down the county weekly and devouting their lives to that cause, so maybe dont constantly ask people to fork out for tickets when you yourself havent any interest in the product.

Milltown Row2

In all your posts are you positive about anything? Is your life so grey or black that you moan constantly about the price of butter?

I don't know your age but chill the fuvk out lad. You're one miserable Cnut
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

SaffronSports

Quote from: realisticsaff on April 22, 2023, 11:30:18 PM
Quote from: SaffronSports on April 22, 2023, 11:13:36 PM

Antrim have had 2 ulster minor matches and the county havent been to either and done no coverage what so ever, its clear they couldnt care less about the young lads who are travelling up and down the county weekly and devouting their lives to that cause, so maybe dont constantly ask people to fork out for tickets when you yourself havent any interest in the product.

If the Antrim PRO isn't sharing information about upcoming matches, what would their job role be?

realisticsaff

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 22, 2023, 11:21:29 PM
No defence from me, I just don't see how you can split a man who volunteers to do a Pro job for the county and be expected to be in two places at once or have two glipes who called him on regular occasions a 'wee rat' to help the county board out...

I don't defend the county board either, you have to remember this, I've said it regularly also, as a player or manager over the years I've called them out on numerous occasions here and at county level.

Tumelty spat in a players face when he played for Antrim minors and you called a supporter a fat Cnut last year but are employees of the county board. So let's not pretend everyone is cleaner than clean that is under their umbrella

Milltown Row2

Quote from: realisticsaff on April 22, 2023, 11:48:24 PM

Tumelty spat in a players face when he played for Antrim minors and you called a supporter a fat Cnut last year but are employees of the county board. So let's not pretend everyone is cleaner than clean that is under their umbrella

But you tried to use the tragedy in Cresslough to bash the county board, sick individuals

realisticsaff

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 22, 2023, 11:54:56 PM

But you tried to use the tragedy in Cresslough to bash the county board, sick individuals

How?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: realisticsaff on April 22, 2023, 11:55:43 PM

How?

Do you seriously want to bring this up? Is your brain that small?

realisticsaff

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 23, 2023, 12:08:08 AM
Quote from: realisticsaff on April 22, 2023, 11:55:43 PM

How?

Do you seriously want to bring this up? Is your brain that small?

All that was said was have our county made a donation after every other had made one.

Also you say I dont like the county but I'm also miserable for wanting for them to cover the minor games do you realise how condradicting that is?

Milltown Row2

You tried (miserably without checking) to presume they didn't, to score points on a tragedy, which is sick .

You called the PRO a "wee rat" they are your words and want people to take you seriously?

As for one person to cover two games at the same time I'm really confused on how he actually goes about that? Help me here