Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Can we put the club football away for a few months and slag off the county team and county board instead.

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 29, 2022, 07:33:26 PM
Quote from: Spike on November 29, 2022, 06:00:49 PM
Simply amazing as to how Glen have suddenly transformed from All Ireland contenders to a pile of horse manure on this forum over the weekend.  ???

On the plus side everyone on this forum now believes their club are now All Ireland contenders so as MR2's favourite band Hot Chocolate once sang ''everyone's a winner baby''.

First off, who said Glen are all Ireland contenders on this thread? Who said Cargin will get bate by 7?

I'd been bigging them up on the Ulster club thread and defending them in various posts.

Glen played badly because Cargin were able to contain them for large parts.

But this pure nonsense about the ref really needs to be pulled up. Your assessment on his fitness is bullshit.. I'd question the fitness of one young lad who looked seriously slow and leggy but stayed on the pitch for Cargin

Win with grace and lose with grace, as for the decider the clock was stopped and restarted each time these fit lads went down with injuries, would you prefer not to have added time?

Think I heard someone proclaim Glen were in the top four in the country.....
Even PP and Boyle  agreed.

Heard patronising aplenty directed to Cargin but few were fooled...

The majority on this board and I am fully aware who are the exceptions looked forward to anihalation of Cargin born out of complete jealously....

FFS a big majority on here unlikely to own up to their allegiance whilst sniping away at the Toome lot.....

Jeez I have family involved in other units of our Association and more than made aware of feelings within.

Lár na páirce 1

Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 29, 2022, 05:33:22 PM
Are there bigger whiners than Cargin men. FFS take your beating!

Cargin took the beating better still if you'd ask club men of your own they were more than gracious to everyone after the game. Cargin will be back for another bite at it next year make no mistake about it.

Spike

Simply amazing as to how Glen have suddenly transformed from All Ireland contenders to a pile of horse manure on this forum over the weekend.  ???

On the plus side everyone on this forum now believes their club are now All Ireland contenders so as MR2's favourite band Hot Chocolate once sang ''everyone's a winner baby''.

First off, who said Glen are all Ireland contenders on this thread? Who said Cargin will get bate by 7?

I'd been bigging them up on the Ulster club thread and defending them in various posts.

But this pure nonsense about the ref really needs to be pulled up. Your assessment on his fitness is bullshit.. I'd question the fitness of one young lad who looked seriously slow and leggy but stayed on the pitch for Cargin

Win with grace and lose with grace, as for the decider the clock was stopped and restarted each time these fit lads went down with injuries, would you prefer not to have added time?

The story goes that at daybreak the following morning,  when the final whistle eventually sounded and was obvious lamh dhearg were done, James Laverty was humming ''i believe in miracles....''

country bumpkin

Quote from: Spike on November 29, 2022, 09:12:57 PM

The story goes that at daybreak the following morning,  when the final whistle eventually sounded and was obvious lamh dhearg were done, James Laverty was humming ''i believe in miracles....''

And you were at the game MR2..with the L D contingent again?

paddyjohn

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 29, 2022, 09:19:16 PM
Quote from: Spike on November 29, 2022, 09:12:57 PM

And you were at the game MR2..with the L D contingent again?

Christ man!! Tell the lads about the match in Creggan this year in the league ;D

What was it you said walking off the pitch to the umpire  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: JimStynes on November 29, 2022, 07:47:14 PM
Can we put the club football away for a few months and slag off the county team and county board instead.

Nothing wrong with the county board.

2 great managers at senior level and alls good.

country bumpkin

Quote from: paddyjohn on November 29, 2022, 09:48:17 PM

Is the football panel in the public domain as yet PJ.....?

Milltown Row2

Surprised you haven't been down j'town with the note book
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 29, 2022, 09:56:07 PM

Haven't saw it as yet. Hoping for some new faces!

Flanker

Quote from: paddyjohn on November 29, 2022, 09:58:31 PM

Who would you like to see given an opportunity?

stiffler

What was the viewing like at Healy park ? Any over zealous stewards stopping lads standing at the half way line ?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

country bumpkin

Quote from: paddyjohn on November 29, 2022, 09:58:31 PM

No panel announced as yet......

Spike

Who are the new contenders to get entered into the county panel and who will step up from the subs bench?

Few of the Aghagallon lads, some outliers from creggan and portglenone?