Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: paddyjohn on October 12, 2022, 09:28:47 PM
Cargin & St Galls combo over the last 15 years.

1. Paddy Murray

2. Kevin O'Boyle
3. Andy McLean
4. Colin Brady

5. Tony Scullion
6. Sean Kelly
7. Justin Crozier

8. Sean Burke
9. Mick McCann

10. Kevin McGourty
11. Kieran McGourty
12. Tomàs McCann

13. CJ McGourty
14. Kieran Close
15. Sean Burns.

Can't see many arguments there
Only 2 cargin forwards so maybe some discussion
Maybe they're too young yet
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

paddyjohn

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on October 12, 2022, 09:46:13 PM
I have an argument or 2. Niblock makes the team.
Seanie Burns & Paddy Murray in a team of the last 15 years?

My bad, overlooked Niblock.

Ok. Edit to 20 years.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on October 12, 2022, 10:05:25 PM
Sean Burke's inclusion over Aidso Gallagher is questionable also.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody has one. 🤷‍♂️

geezer

Niblock definitely in, would have Gallagher as well.

Both clubs have produced some class forwards but Shivers will be take someones spot on there with another 3/4 seasons under his belt. Outrageous talent.

bannside

BrendanAntrim

Niblock first name on forward list for me. Also James Laverty worthy of inclusion?

geezer

Quote from: bannside on October 12, 2022, 10:37:55 PM
Plus one Geezer.

McEntee be rubbing his hands together watching some of the scores he was swinging over on Sunday.

Gold

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

EOC1923

Pat Shivers and big Ruari McCann together, some handful for any defence in division 3!

imtommygunn

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on October 12, 2022, 09:43:11 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on October 12, 2022, 09:28:47 PM
Cargin & St Galls combo over the last 15 years.

1. Paddy Murray

2. Kevin O'Boyle
3. Andy McLean
4. Colin Brady

5. Tony Scullion
6. Sean Kelly
7. Justin Crozier

8. Sean Burke
9. Mick McCann

10. Kevin McGourty
11. Kieran McGourty
12. Tomàs McCann

13. CJ McGourty
14. Kieran Close
15. Sean Burns.

Can't see many arguments there
Only 2 cargin forwards so maybe some discussion
Maybe they're too young yet

Close very good but not sure I would have him in there so possibly two might be too many!

Shivers on current trajectory could end up better than any of them mind you.

stiffler

I read in the IN the county board rejected a request from aghagallon to push back the promotion/relegation play off scheduled for tomorrow. So much for player welfare.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Milltown Row2

Quote from: stiffler on October 13, 2022, 08:43:01 AM
I read in the IN the county board rejected a request from aghagallon to push back the promotion/relegation play off scheduled for tomorrow. So much for player welfare.

Jesus, the game was Sunday, during the year the games can be played Sunday Wed and probably a training session thrown in also, this fixture has been know for a while and both teams know that this was a great chance to either go up or stay up..

The play off is to help St Mary's to stay up, if it had not have been in place they would have been relegated already. Ballymena have been waiting and training to get a shot at Div 1 any other year they would have been up as a top 2 team

Looking forward to the game, be interesting to see how a team gets itself back off the floor and put in a performance again
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sportacus

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 13, 2022, 08:49:54 AM
Quote from: stiffler on October 13, 2022, 08:43:01 AM

Jesus, the game was Sunday, during the year the games can be played Sunday Wed and probably a training session thrown in also, this fixture has been know for a while and both teams know that this was a great chance to either go up or stay up..

The play off is to help St Mary's to stay up, if it had not have been in place they would have been relegated already. Ballymena have been waiting and training to get a shot at Div 1 any other year they would have been up as a top 2 team

Looking forward to the game, be interesting to see how a team gets itself back off the floor and put in a performance again
Was surprised myself to see the County in such a rush to play this game off on a Friday night. Aghagallon threw the sink physically and mentally at Sunday.  What difference would a week have made.  Another example of fixture committee not thinking through the wider context.  Have seen several examples on here from the Cargin men in recent weeks. 

Spike

must also be a strange situation for ballymena.  kicking their heels for weeks now and the season felt like it was over.    interesting to see if they have been putting in productive training or just going through the motions.  Sunday will tell us whether they are a genuine Div 1 team or not.    Can Moneyglass and Ballymena survive in Div 1 at the moment?     

bannside

Imo Kieran Close easily best no 13 in Antrim football for last 20 years. Class act, great left foot, unselfish (total team player) kept himself match fit throughout two decades. Simply has to be on that list.