Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Quote from: EOC1923 on September 14, 2022, 03:11:44 PM
Are they supposed to like the journey down to there Jim?

No but we don't exactly like having to make the long journey with underage teams every week! Every team will have a valid excuse every now and then but there's a few clubs who you could nearly put the house on it that they won't turn up. Cargin isn't one of them btw!

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: country bumpkin on September 14, 2022, 11:48:25 AM
Think a closer look has to be taken at my post on under 20 fixture.
This competition thus far has been disappointing in the extreme.....no fixtures for weeks and when the evenings grow shorter Cargin under 20s are asked to be at Musgrave for a 6.15 throw in when this game could well have been fixed for early summer.
This competition to date has been a disaster..

By the way, in not too distant past a common practise and an unwritten rule said 'no evening fixtures be made prior to 7.00pm.

How many South side clubs will travel down the country on Friday evening for a 6.15 start.?

Quite a few didn't make it for 8pm starts
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

EOC1923

Quote from: JimStynes on September 14, 2022, 03:15:07 PM
Quote from: EOC1923 on September 14, 2022, 03:11:44 PM
Are they supposed to like the journey down to there Jim?

No but we don't exactly like having to make the long journey with underage teams every week! Every team will have a valid excuse every now and then but there's a few clubs who you could nearly put the house on it that they won't turn up. Cargin isn't one of them btw!
Bit of mutual appreciation here but we head down as its always a tough game down there

paddyjohn

No harm intended by my post by the way. From my own experience, it's easier to get kids in from school and back up the road for 6pm than it is to get lads possibly off a building site or out of work and up the road for 6.15pm.

It's not an easy task for the fixture makers but some common sense surely has to be used.

country bumpkin

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 14, 2022, 03:48:35 PM
No harm intended by my post by the way. From my own experience, it's easier to get kids in from school and back up the road for 6pm than it is to get lads possibly off a building site or out of work and up the road for 6.15pm.

It's not an easy task for the fixture makers but some common sense surely has to be used.
Strange how the CCC are expedient in awrding points w/o in under-20 league our u-15s had four w/o, dnf in their league allocation and despite emails a plenty from our Runai such has not been allocated....

barnish oggie

Quote from: country bumpkin on September 14, 2022, 04:02:03 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on September 14, 2022, 03:48:35 PM

Strange how the CCC are expedient in awrding points w/o in under-20 league our u-15s had four w/o, dnf in their league allocation and despite emails a plenty from our Runai such has not been allocated....

It is more strange seeing as official word went out to say that if a team wasn't prepared to field, the points would automatically be awarded to the team that would, as there wouldn't be time to reschedule the games.

So emails went out to both teams and if a date wasn't agreed, the team that initially called it off lost out.

I had been expecting Cargin to eventually get those unfulfilled fixtures added and head to the top of the u15 Div 2 table at the expense of Creggan.

123Bigball

Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on September 14, 2022, 10:13:34 AM
Definitely seems to be an anti cargin agenda on this board probably based on jealously, no disrespect to anyone but if you really think cargin have been paying managers vast amounts of money you would need to think again including Mr Cassidy,it would be a team 5 miles away do things like that, slap bang in middle of a rebuild on and off the park cargin can't afford to be paying managers, trainers, S&C coaches medical team and nutritionists, we look forward to next Saturday in hope it won't be easy trying to beat the county champions.

In typical fashion take a dig at themuns down the road. Beginning to sound like a unionist at this rate.😂 keep telling yourself all that if it makes you feel better. So Cassidy walked away from numerous clubs throwing money at him to take Cargin for nothing.  Why would you need a S&C coach when the local gym was billing you for use of the facilities and their coaches. Was your physio not an outsider from Newbridge,doubt  he was doing that for charity . Remember people in every club talk after those AGMs.

Lár na páirce 1

Never once said Damian didn't get expenses covered or that a gym doesn't get paid same goes for a physio(been a long time since a Newbridge physio was about) all things people pay for everyday as you'd expect it's normal enough, what I did say was its not the vast amounts of money
The figures I've heard from the gossips are very much exaggerated I can tell you I even once heard on this we pay managers 20&30k a year that would just be madness for any club.

EOC1923

Quote from: 123Bigball on September 14, 2022, 06:37:42 PM
Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on September 14, 2022, 10:13:34 AM
Definitely seems to be an anti cargin agenda on this board probably based on jealously, no disrespect to anyone but if you really think cargin have been paying managers vast amounts of money you would need to think again including Mr Cassidy,it would be a team 5 miles away do things like that, slap bang in middle of a rebuild on and off the park cargin can't afford to be paying managers, trainers, S&C coaches medical team and nutritionists, we look forward to next Saturday in hope it won't be easy trying to beat the county champions.

In typical fashion take a dig at themuns down the road. Beginning to sound like a unionist at this rate.😂 keep telling yourself all that if it makes you feel better. So Cassidy walked away from numerous clubs throwing money at him to take Cargin for nothing.  Why would you need a S&C coach when the local gym was billing you for use of the facilities and their coaches. Was your physio not an outsider from Newbridge,doubt  he was doing that for charity . Remember people in every club talk after those AGMs.
Obsessed much

City Dweller

Great to see the St Brigids V Moneyglass U20 game got played last night.

delgany

Quote from: City Dweller on September 15, 2022, 10:46:45 AM
Productive night for St.Brigids got 4 points last night, 2 against MG  and 2 from Cargin , to win the league ! Actually played 1 game ! Utter nonsense

paddyjohn

Rossa lodging a complaint with the county over the game being allowed to continue last weekend.

country bumpkin

Quote from: delgany on September 15, 2022, 10:53:27 AM
Productive night for St.Brigids got 4 points last night, 2 against MG  and 2 from Cargin , to win the league ! Actually played 1 game ! Utter nonsense

With 12 under 20s on senior side and several starters.....there was no way Cargin were taking that fixture.surely Brigid's will not claim the title...?

barnish oggie

Quote from: country bumpkin on September 15, 2022, 02:00:11 PM
Quote from: delgany on September 15, 2022, 10:53:27 AM

With 12 under 20s on senior side and several starters.....there was no way Cargin were taking that fixture.surely Brigid's will not claim the title...?

Same goes for creggan in Div 2.

Didn't play a game and sitting top due to walkover points so you would like to think that league will just be scrubbed.

NatSoSaff