Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOC1923

Cargin could lose at home tonight to TNN, or their ability could gain a win, don't think pride comes into it.
Gort Na Mona have been awful. Don't like to be critical but I saw them on Sunday, even their warm up said it all, their presence in the senior championship is completely pointless and makes a mockery of group 3. In the same vein I realise this may not be their fault with no relegation this past couple of seasons. I can see their teams playing away in the U15s and 17s so hopefully they can bounce back stronger.

Spike

this is not the Gorts fault and I feel for them having to be tormented this season

Lár na páirce 1

Quote from: EOC1923 on April 13, 2022, 11:13:52 AM
Cargin could lose at home tonight to TNN, or their ability could gain a win, don't think pride comes into it.
Gort Na Mona have been awful. Don't like to be critical but I saw them on Sunday, even their warm up said it all, their presence in the senior championship is completely pointless and makes a mockery of group 3. In the same vein I realise this may not be their fault with no relegation this past couple of seasons. I can see their teams playing away in the U15s and 17s so hopefully they can bounce back stronger.

Very poor side and probably not their fault they are still in div 1

bannside

Cargin have a huge panel of up and coming or proven performers available - so even with a four player unavailable disadvantage should still be too much for an improving Randalstown, especially in Toome.

Definitely wouldn't like to run into Seamus Heffron or Dessie O Neill any time soon if TNN manage to pull off the double scalp of St Galls and Cargin within 3 days!

rogercasement

Won't make tonight's game in Milltown BS plenty of updates, our twitter ain't great, would be happy with good attacking performance and a 1pt win.

bannside

Two points on the board and outa dodge! St Galls won't fear us. Lots of interesting games on tonight..the Aul Firm result will be of interest, two more points for Ahoghill and they'll be in Dreamland for the time of the year with 6 points!

EOC1923

Ah come on lads, all the big talk from Portglenone and how they fear no one and we're expected to believe you are wary of tonights game.  Give it a rest.

barnish oggie

Quote from: bannside on April 13, 2022, 12:12:48 PM
Cargin have a huge panel of up and coming or proven performers available - so even with a four player unavailable disadvantage should still be too much for an improving Randalstown, especially in Toome.

Definitely wouldn't like to run into Seamus Heffron or Dessie O Neill any time soon if TNN manage to pull off the double scalp of St Galls and Cargin within 3 days!

;D

NatSoSaff

Would ye whist

What do we think of Chris Kerr coming back to the County fold? Good to have some experience back in there, however should management maybe have looked at someone like the TNN keeper he made a few good saves in the final last year and believe he is playing well this year in Div 1?

NatSoSaff

aye good move bringing chris back. nothing beats experience in goals.

rogercasement

Most definitely not me running the twitter I can barely manage this yoke. I noticed some clubs with regular updates during matches, those who can't make it to games rely on it. Ours wouldn't be at that level, but fair play to those that do it.

Saffsof82

Quote from: Would ye whist on April 13, 2022, 04:39:10 PM
What do we think of Chris Kerr coming back to the County fold? Good to have some experience back in there, however should management maybe have looked at someone like the TNN keeper he made a few good saves in the final last year and believe he is playing well this year in Div 1?

Good move. Enda has brought Heery up from u20 but bringing Chris in will really add to keepers, and mick and Deccy will benefit by having him in there

rogercasement

I'd say the bookies love to see you coming lar na pairce.

Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on April 13, 2022, 10:34:15 AM
Cargin v whitehill-4 point away win
St Endas v ahoghill - 2 point away win
Rossa v St John's-Draw
Lamh dhearg v gorts-20 point home win
Aghagallon v St brides-5 point home win
St Galls v Casements-8 point away win

Saffsof82

Davitts have to be the biggest surprise in all leagues this season. Was trying to remember if they had ever been in div 1 but can't remember, CB maybe you would know?