Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belfast GAA man

is their a named county panel? not many sleeps to Mckenna cup

BigBallWeeBall

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on December 21, 2021, 04:24:17 PM
Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on December 21, 2021, 03:45:05 PM
SW clubs had a clean sweep in Antrim football but a very poor return for Ulster games. 1 Victory from 4 games is.... Disappointing is not a strong enough word IMO

So in ulster club it's
SW - 1
Belfast - 0

Still a victory for the SW, unless my maths is wrong
HH, maths are correct. It's not a  city country thing for me I'm just giving an opinion. The much lauded GAA machines (near neighbours as well) from the SW disappeared all too soon from Ulster.  In the overall context of Ulster club games Belfast have a far healthier track record if my sums and historical knowledge are accurate

geezer

Creggan give a very good account of themselves at senior level, were the better team in the 60 mins and just ran out of legs in ET.

TNN extremy unlucky not to be in an ulster final, narrowly falling short against the favourites.

Comgalls came up against a team that many believe shouldnt have been competing at junior level.

All is not doom and gloom in the SW.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: geezer on December 21, 2021, 08:01:20 PM
Creggan give a very good account of themselves at senior level, were the better team in the 60 mins and just ran out of legs in ET.

TNN extremy unlucky not to be in an ulster final, narrowly falling short against the favourites.

Comgalls came up against a team that many believe shouldnt have been competing at junior level.

No chance Moortown are the favourites
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

geezer

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on December 21, 2021, 08:09:29 PM

Well id say steelstown are now given their impressive wins this far. But Moortown were favorites before the Ulster series began, going by the odds that i seen.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on December 21, 2021, 08:09:29 PM

They were favs against Tir na og, this other team should win final though
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Spike

Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on December 21, 2021, 04:58:32 PM
SW clubs had a clean sweep in Antrim football but a very poor return for Ulster games. 1 Victory from 4 games is.... Disappointing is not a strong enough word IMO

So in ulster club it's
SW - 1
Belfast - 0

HH, maths are correct. It's not a  city country thing for me I'm just giving an opinion. The much lauded GAA machines (near neighbours as well) from the SW disappeared all too soon from Ulster.  In the overall context of Ulster club games Belfast have a far healthier track record if my sums and historical knowledge are accurate

I would say the St Galls Ulster Select team isnt a worthwhile comparable.  This year was possibly Antrim's best chance with Ramor United and Clann Eireann the weakest teams seen in the competition for a while.  Usually no easy games.     Maybe it says more about Antrim's club level - more competitive but lesser quality?

EOC1923

If you want to help them for next year make your own teams better, make the Antrim Championship more competitive

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Spike on December 22, 2021, 10:41:31 AM
Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on December 21, 2021, 04:58:32 PM

So in ulster club it's
SW - 1
Belfast - 0

I would say the St Galls Ulster Select team isnt a worthwhile comparable.  This year was possibly Antrim's best chance with Ramor United and Clann Eireann the weakest teams seen in the competition for a while.  Usually no easy games.     Maybe it says more about Antrim's club level - more competitive but lesser quality?

Spike, any clubs you are involved with have any outside players or managers at all?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

Can there be a Bosman rule brought in to stop these Belfast clubs mixing and matching with players from all over Ireland. Disgrace!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on December 22, 2021, 12:39:11 PM
Can there be a Bosman rule brought in to stop these Belfast clubs mixing and matching with players from all over Ireland. Disgrace!

He without sin cast the first stone  ;)

I love a good hypocrite and Spike hits that one on the head

qub la la la

Bosman rule at county level too? I hear McGeeneys 90 strong panel for Armagh includes Aghagallon talent. Is that allowed?

Saffsof82

Quote from: qub la la la on December 22, 2021, 09:20:41 PM

Bosman rule at county level too? I hear McGeeneys 90 strong panel for Armagh includes Aghagallon talent. Is that allowed?

What about the lad from Meath with our seniors

Milltown Row2

Quote from: qub la la la on December 22, 2021, 09:20:41 PM

First the ladies playtime Armagh now the footballers? Worlds gone mad

geezer

*** Disclaimer im a SW man ***

Think its time to stop the bitterness towards galls. Thats all it is. City clubs are always going to benefit from outsiders, thats just the way it is. You think Kilmacud, Vincents etc care if they win with own club men? Look at finbarrs, Liatroim man starring for them this year, do they care? Doubtful.

Look at Brids back in the day, players from all over the shop, never hear them getting abuse on here.

Just appreciate st galls for what they were, done antrim club football proud.

Its easy to pick on st galls but all belfast clubs are at it, all you have to do is look at donal mckernan going from sarsfields to johnnies in the hurling.

St galls arent the only city club at it. Mick magill was some weapon for cargin over the years....whats his original club?

Time to let it go lads, its getting boring.