Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: EOC1923 on December 17, 2021, 08:33:56 AM
Quote from: general_lee on December 17, 2021, 08:31:46 AM
Planning permission can be a bit of a ballache when trying to update stadium facilities in west Belfast in case some of you haven't noticed
Fair enough just wondered who the disgrace was
Nobody is a disgrace . Belfast clubs were built on the social clubs that are no longer making much money and they don't have rich backers. they do improve their facilities but not with expensive items - im thinking u just think we should work harder? as usual
We need a hand not a lecture fellow gael

JimStynes

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on December 17, 2021, 12:55:45 PM
Would grants be more difficult to get in the city? I say this with no knowledge but would every now and then hear culchies talking about the cross community element of obtaining the big grants where they scratch the back of Orangeville Cricket Club and vice versa. Is this something that is lost in the city?

Sure cities and towns get grants handed to them all over the show. 3G pitches coming out of your ears. Throw a few lights up would yis ffs

EOC1923

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on December 17, 2021, 12:37:08 PM
Quote from: EOC1923 on December 17, 2021, 08:33:56 AM
Quote from: general_lee on December 17, 2021, 08:31:46 AM
Planning permission can be a bit of a ballache when trying to update stadium facilities in west Belfast in case some of you haven't noticed
Fair enough just wondered who the disgrace was
Nobody is a disgrace . Belfast clubs were built on the social clubs that are no longer making much money and they don't have rich backers. they do improve their facilities but not with expensive items - im thinking u just think we should work harder? as usual
We need a hand not a lecture fellow gael
"In Belfast NO Clubs with lights - disgrace" - I just asked what or who was the disgrace

barnish oggie

Quote from: rogercasement on December 16, 2021, 10:03:43 PM
Wonder if there's a tinge of regret at not throwing an auld stand up at Dunsilly when they were building it?

Dunsilly seems to have been pushed ahead with no forward thinking involved.

3 pitches should have been 2, 1 with a stand.

Entrance into it should have been from the dead end road on the other side of the tracks where the hotel is and parking made available.

Access is straighforward from there and would do away with that tunnel, except for walking through.

As a centre of excellence, they really should have been looking up the road at Owenbeg and copying their example.

FFS in reality it should have been the venue for the county ground due to its central location for the whole county.

And if it is floodlights that are needed, pretty sure i saw some at an old run down pitch in west belfast that they could have taken down and used by another club instead of them being left up there to rot for the last 8 or 9 years with the rest of the stadium.

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on December 17, 2021, 12:55:45 PM
Would grants be more difficult to get in the city? I say this with no knowledge but would every now and then hear culchies talking about the cross community element of obtaining the big grants where they scratch the back of Orangeville Cricket Club and vice versa. Is this something that is lost in the city?
no cross community angle in west belfast and that goes agains you

country bumpkin

Kevin Murray has crossed the Lough to Moy.

Saffsof82

Eamon Fyfe and kevin small axed from county squad apparantly

smort

How much is it in to Ballinderry tomorrow?

Saffsof82

Quote from: smort on December 17, 2021, 10:44:58 PM
How much is it in to Ballinderry tomorrow?

Tickets online via ulster GAA , ticket only I think, check their site for price

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffsof82 on December 17, 2021, 10:42:32 PM

Not invited? Or dumped?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

geezer

Quote from: Saffsof82 on December 17, 2021, 10:42:32 PM
[/quote

Kevin small axed after winning player of the year?

Maybe he stepped away?

No chance he was dropped.

Saffsof82

erinsboy

I would love to know the background to this .Kevin Small was for me the best player in Antrim this year and the best player on the pitch when Creggan played Clann Erin .Strange call if correct!

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Not a chance was Small let go, or culled. Mc Ginley had the hots for him last year, played practically every minute, and has done nothing wrong since. In fact his standing has been enhanced after a good club c'ship.

This dosent add up. Re Eamonn Fyfe - not sure what's going on here either.

We have a dearth of midfielders and scoring forwards and these two are up there with our better performers in that regard!

Must be some panel this year if these two have been "dumped". Await the final panel with interest.