Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EOC1923 on November 19, 2021, 01:48:37 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 19, 2021, 01:10:07 PM
Quote from: geezer on November 19, 2021, 12:54:28 PM
Pure lies. All about the managers. Nothing to do with the fact yous have kobo, crozier, scullion, laverty, mccanns, shivers, magill, bradley, gribben, close.

Quote from: EOC1923 on November 19, 2021, 11:04:43 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on November 19, 2021, 10:03:48 AM
Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on November 19, 2021, 09:46:29 AM
Looking at Cargin they made an academy about 20 years ago purely to put emphasis on youth as whether your an u6 new start or a Kieran close your treated equally, always compete at all grades and fair play to them, hard work from top ex senior players on every age group also, been at top at senior level now going on 40+ years, that's no accident, it takes everyone, Creggan been the same for a long time also, Men and Woman giving up their free time to forward the club on to another level, fact is it's not all about the senior team, that's were alot of other clubs fail.there is no quick fix.

So can someone tell me why a club with this level of organisation and obvious commitment from serious ex players, not able to get a club man to manage their senior team.

Surely there is a neglect then on the development of coaches within the club if they are unable to do so.
we've won championships with club men in charge and we've won them with outside managers, and we'll do both again no doubt. It's whatever suits best at a particular time. Simple.

Sooooo, if you those brilliant players why go outside?

I'm sort of asking is it a case that the players prefer this or do the committee feel this is the best method to get the best out of the team at the top?
You tell us, why did you bring James McCartan in?

Our best success has been with managers that played for the club, we've had championship success with outsiders but generally its been lads that have got the club at the forefront of their thoughts.

Wee James must have made contact or we got in contact with him. He fitted that need our players at the time were looking for, an All Ireland winning player who could, I suppose draw from his own experiences and get that respect from the team.. Similar to DC

A lot of time for James, the club always had preseason, and both sets of teams trained, the hurlers and footballers first week of Jan, creates a great buzz, I would have been playing reserve so would have stayed on when the ball was introduced, great trainer and people person.

We'd Carl McCabe Charlie Sweeny and a couple of others that did a fine job, Obviously we'd a few from within that didn't work out.

By the way, I'm not against outside managers, I'm for the rule to be changed, because no matter what way we look at it, its still breaking the rules
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rogercasement

Can we give it a rest. Life is for living live it. We have had our games back enjoy them

EOC1923

A broken record from some people on this issue, concentrate on player and facilities development for club and county and or the lack of both in many places.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EOC1923 on November 19, 2021, 02:22:57 PM
A broken record from some people on this issue, concentrate on player and facilities development for club and county and or the lack of both in many places.

Our facilities are piss poor to most of the places about, hopefully it won't be long before we can get that side of things going, been saying that 40 years lol!

Would love a stand, something bigger that Rossa's smaller than Corrigan, having the clubhouse moved down onto the area in front of the pitch with a hurling wall/handball court at the back and gym facilities. back pitch 4G and floodlight, main pitch as is. We've a committee looking at this but generating the money is proving to be difficult!!

While those are pipedreams at the minute I'd be happy with winning an A competition at some grade, in either code. Having the worst facilities didn't stop us winning championships in fairness either
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

EOC1923

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on November 19, 2021, 02:30:22 PM
Yes, and pretend that the rules don't exist.
Do you think this is the most important problem going on in Antrim at the minute?

Dunsilly King

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 19, 2021, 02:33:12 PM

Our facilities are piss poor to most of the places about, hopefully it won't be long before we can get that side of things going, been saying that 40 years lol!

Would love a stand, something bigger that Rossa's smaller than Corrigan, having the clubhouse moved down onto the area in front of the pitch with a hurling wall/handball court at the back and gym facilities. back pitch 4G and floodlight, main pitch as is. We've a committee looking at this but generating the money is proving to be difficult!!

While those are pipedreams at the minute I'd be happy with winning an A competition at some grade, in either code. Having the worst facilities didn't stop us winning championships in fairness either

Your changing rooms are completely piss poor. Third world stuff. Frankly as bad as I have seen.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunsilly King on November 19, 2021, 02:42:35 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 19, 2021, 02:33:12 PM

Your changing rooms are completely piss poor. Third world stuff. Frankly as bad as I have seen.

You are just repeating what I have said, thanks for that contribution

rogercasement

Oh my....
The football all stars what an absolute joke!!!!
Junior and intermediate largely ignored!
Declan Lynch?????
A concept that hasn't worked. Ditch it.

JimStynes

What about club men getting paid to take their own club!! I've heard rumours of this before in Antrim and other counties!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: rogercasement on November 19, 2021, 03:24:34 PM
Oh my....
Declan Lynch?????

Just pick your own from all the games you have been at, that's the best way

JimStynes

Oh my....
Declan Lynch?????

Some very strange decisions. One of our most consistent and best players didn't even get a nomination.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on November 19, 2021, 03:27:02 PM
Oh my....
Declan Lynch?????

Some very strange decisions. One of our most consistent and best players didn't even get a nomination.

No internet out that direction?  ;)

bannside

Marty Johnston player of the championship for me.

JimStynes

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 19, 2021, 03:27:38 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on November 19, 2021, 03:27:02 PM
Oh my....
Declan Lynch?????

No internet out that direction?  ;)

Did you have to email in the nominations or what?

geezer

Yeah he was brilliant. Thought ordhan mclarnon was the best player on show at the final. Immense in the role he played, their most influential player imo.

Quote from: bannside on November 19, 2021, 04:57:10 PM
Marty Johnston player of the championship for me.