Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxpower

hopefully we pick up 4 points this weekend and don't need to play youse, or we could play a half hurling and a half football to red up our last remaining hurling game as well.

sounds good
What happens next????

JimStynes

Quote from: ONeill on November 29, 2007, 12:23:31 AM
So, it's Dunloy v St John's tomorrow night, followed by Lamh Dhearg v Dunloy on Sunday. Dunloy's exertions in the Ulster Championship will leave them mightily sharp and I can see he Johnnies being humbled before the Red Hands from Hannahstown are sent tumbling into the second tier. It has been all downhill since Lamh Dhearg's title winning season in the 90s and specifically since Buchanan retired.

A word of warning to Dunloy though. The same man has been looking mean and lean of late - don't be surprised to see a few of the class of '92 lining out on Sunday. I wonder will this be Cunningham's farewell gift/emotional swansong before moving closer to the graveyard on the Falls' Rd? Surely Cunningham won't want to be plying his trade in Div2 against the likes of a Mickey Rea-less Glenavy.

It appears that Lamh Dhearg's demise has been their defence, having conceded 280 points, more than any other side in the top two divisions. In fact only one side in Division 3 has conceded more - Lamh Dhearg 2.

Is Rea not playing for Glenavey next year

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

To the top of a Hill I'm told.

saffron sam2

Unlikely to be the Dearg - why move from one mediocre Intermediate outfit to another?

The last transfers between Glenavy and the Hannahstown men were neither successful, irreversible nor without controversy.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

ONeill

JimStynes

If there is any truth in this the transfer should not be allowed to go through. The Antrim league is turning into an even bigger joke than it already is, players looking to transfer all the time. Mickey Rae seems to have came to Glenavey and got himself established and now hes looking to jump ship and join a 'bigger' club.  There was talk he would do this way back at the start when he first joined them. When did u hear this O'Neill?

ONeill

I didn't. I made it up. I've been doing that since my teens.

JimStynes

Good man O'Neill

Dunloy  2-11 0-3 St. Johns

ONeill

Quote from: JimStynes on November 29, 2007, 10:03:05 PM

Dunloy  2-11 0-3 St. Johns

The stage is now set for a Hannahstown showdown. A Lamh Dhearg legend told me this week Dunloy would hammer St John's. I can see thousands making their way up the hill on Sunday. Good job they got the gates done. How much will it be in? Do they need a piper?

Prediction

Lamh Dhearg 0-11 Dunloy 1-10

SeanSouth

How f**king cold will it be up the hill at this time of the year, you need a summer dufflecoat and a winter dufflecoat to watch matches in Hannahstown.

ONeill

Quote from: SeanSouth on November 29, 2007, 10:15:28 PM
How f**king cold will it be up the hill at this time of the year, you need a summer dufflecoat and a winter dufflecoat to watch matches in Hannahstown.

It'll be red-hot, don't kid yourself.

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=4863435378

Gold

Quote from: SeanSouth on November 29, 2007, 10:15:28 PM

it's b fuckin freezin--hailstones the size of bricks will take a few players(hopefully LD ones) and spectators out by the root
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

PlayWithTheWind

O'Neill you've too much time on your hands!

listen out for the "Dawgs" (dogs)

"Yes Dawg"
"Here Dawg"

Woof Woof!
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

saffron sam2

Quote from: hardstation on November 30, 2007, 12:48:43 PM
I see they have hurling in Balmoral High School.
Jaysus!

That's only so that when it closes down soon and the pupils are dispatched to CBS, La Salle or St. Genevieve's, they will not look out of place.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet