Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calm Down

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 08, 2020, 03:34:44 PM
McCann is their best player.

That is irrelevant, we must not place any weight on that as he is a 'County Man'

paddyjohn

Quote from: Calm Down on September 08, 2020, 03:33:12 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on September 08, 2020, 03:25:50 PM
why the various Posts on mc cann? another cargin lad wasw sent off - county players are allowed to be suspended

Well sorry Mr Angry, I have not seen nor heard anyone claiming Kane's innocence whereas the social commentary is that Mick had done nothing bar a bit of grappling, therefore they hope he will be free for the final,

Can someone get Belfast Gaa Man some Tampax please

I can't afford them, gave all my money to the outside manager.

Calm Down

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 08, 2020, 03:39:38 PM
why the various Posts on mc cann? another cargin lad wasw sent off - county players are allowed to be suspended

Well sorry Mr Angry, I have not seen nor heard anyone claiming Kane's innocence whereas the social commentary is that Mick had done nothing bar a bit of grappling, therefore they hope he will be free for the final,

Sorry to hear that PJ, perhaps follow the link below and see if you can get it extended to clubs who engage these professional GAA Managers

https://www.change.org/p/target-end-pink-tax#:~:text=Gwen%20Chapman%20started%20this%20petition%20to%20Target%20and%202%20others&text=The%20pink%20is%20being%20marketed,so%20much%20they%20will%20struggle.

Cranfield

We did about enough to get over the line against the ports. Bit of luck from a free swung the balance of the game but you need that to win championships.

Watched the Cargin LD match on facebook. Can't comment on the sendings off as I didn't see any striking.

Looking forward to another lough shore final but hoping for a different outcome this time around.

Hopefully we will see a more open game this time and Cargin will come out and play a bit more rather than rely on our wastfulness in front of the sticks.

Any word of a venue yet? Heard PG1 mentioned

paddyjohn

Quote from: Calm Down on September 08, 2020, 03:42:55 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on September 08, 2020, 03:39:38 PM

Sorry to hear that PJ, perhaps follow the link below and see if you can get it extended to clubs who engage these professional GAA Managers

https://www.change.org/p/target-end-pink-tax#:~:text=Gwen%20Chapman%20started%20this%20petition%20to%20Target%20and%202%20others&text=The%20pink%20is%20being%20marketed,so%20much%20they%20will%20struggle.

Thanks, by the time that I pay for the outside manager and his coach, video analysis, physio and outside catering then there's very little left in the pot, and that's only for the Un14s.

Also sponsored a seat in the new stand at Corrigan as the gaelfast money wasn't stretching. 🤷‍♂️

gallsman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 08, 2020, 11:17:14 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 08, 2020, 10:44:51 AM
my bad  :o

what year did St Galls do it?

2001 and beat in both finals the year before!

That team won football and hurling every grade from U10 up with the exception of maybe one. They lost the Ulster Minor football to Clontibret in the semis and the hurling to Kevin Lynch's, after extra time I think.

Quote from: Calm Down on September 08, 2020, 03:36:14 PM

That is irrelevant, we must not place any weight on that as he is a 'County Man'

It's relevant to the question of whether he'll be available to them and what that would mean for their chances in the final. Nobody is saying his status as their best player or being am Antrim senior should have any bearing on his suspension or not.

Calm Down

Quote from: gallsman on September 08, 2020, 07:23:40 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 08, 2020, 11:17:14 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 08, 2020, 10:44:51 AM
my bad  :o

what year did St Galls do it?

2001 and beat in both finals the year before!

I was being facetious in response to Belfast Man having a hissy fit in response to my question based on the reasons laid out so eloquently by you 

That team won football and hurling every grade from U10 up with the exception of maybe one. They lost the Ulster Minor football to Clontibret in the semis and the hurling to Kevin Lynch's, after extra time I think.

It's relevant to the question of whether he'll be available to them and what that would mean for their chances in the final. Nobody is saying his status as their best player or being am Antrim senior should have any bearing on his suspension or not.

imtommygunn

It's relevant and why more people are talking about it. It could have a massive bearing on the outcome of the game.

paddyjohn

Na Glinntí Glasa

just back from our semi final v Ballymena. to be honest we were well in control for the game and looked the better side.

We even were able to take off Seaan Elliott, Keelan Molloy and Chrissy McMahon as a precaution for Sundays final. Ballymena came right back at us and took the last 4 scores to leave it a 3 point game but it was 5 mins into injury time when he blew it up.

Thank god we had no injuries so hopefully we will be good for Sundays hurling final.
hurl like f**k boi!

bannside

Agree fully....fair play to Dunloy. All Saints would have been favourites too.

imtommygunn

Did someone make a comment that north antrim don't do dual clubs? I see a lot of reference to that kind of comment on twitter but hadn't heard if someone said that.

Good win for Dunloy. I thought they'd be beat to be honest with the hurling though know there are a lot of good footballers in there.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 09, 2020, 08:43:36 AM
Did someone make a comment that north antrim don't do dual clubs? I see a lot of reference to that kind of comment on twitter but hadn't heard if someone said that.

Good win for Dunloy. I thought they'd be beat to be honest with the hurling though know there are a lot of good footballers in there.

I remember heading down to Dunloy for the first round of the minor football championship 1988, thinking the same thing!  We scraped a 1 point win. Having hurled against those lads during that season I never thought, with the team we had, that we'd be lucky to get out of that ground!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

Yeah some fella was a bit sore at us winning on Sunday past that he commented that North Antrim clubs wouldn't know what it was like to be a dual club lol

They were reminded that we've been playing football & hurling for over 100 years  ;D ;D and also that we have 6 senior football championships which is more than some better know clubs for the big ball. lol

All a bit of fun.

hurl like f**k boi!

imtommygunn

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 09, 2020, 08:56:46 AM

Yeah some fella was a bit sore at us winning on Sunday past that he commented that North Antrim clubs wouldn't know what it was like to be a dual club lol

They were reminded that we've been playing football & hurling for over 100 years  ;D ;D and also that we have 6 senior football championships which is more than some better know clubs for the big ball. lol

All a bit of fun.

;D