Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

nope, nothing at all. his DOB on the transfer form was deemed as legit as it came from another club in another county.

why should we be double checking something like that to make sure its ok if its come from an official channel.

plus someone said about a data base for the information. the servasport system only has access to your own clubs information of the people who are registered within it. You cant access a mass data base of information about any other person other than who you have yourselves.

ive found the whole thing an eye opener as it shows that a system can be abused unless very stringent checks are carried out.

As Hectic say, they are adults and fully aware that to declare yourselve as being able to play a grade is your own responsibility
hurl like f**k boi!

Hectic

Must be a fairly unique situation you would think/hope. Dunloy should be pretty strong this season generally I would imagine.

Will be interesting to see the outcome here. You dock them points potentially throwing them into the B competition and potentially they win it at a canter.

With that there goes one of the benefits of the groups in terms of making more balanced conpetitions. Granted going by results Moneyglass seem in and around the A level anyway.

You leave them where they finish and you are potentially not backing Moneyglass's claims for a shot at A championship based on eligibility of Dunloys win against Aghagallon.

And of course there are the Dunloy lads cheated by their 'team mate'

Kickham csc

Quote from: Hectic on November 21, 2018, 04:20:20 PM
Must be a fairly unique situation you would think/hope. Dunloy should be pretty strong this season generally I would imagine.

Will be interesting to see the outcome here. You dock them points potentially throwing them into the B competition and potentially they win it at a canter.

With that there goes one of the benefits of the groups in terms of making more balanced conpetitions. Granted going by results Moneyglass seem in and around the A level anyway.

You leave them where they finish and you are potentially not backing Moneyglass's claims for a shot at A championship based on eligibility of Dunloys win against Aghagallon.

In these situations, the sec and chairman of the club are usually in danger, with like year long suspensions etc.

In this case, I couldn't see that occurring, as Dunloy seem to have behaved honourably

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Kickham csc on November 21, 2018, 04:52:02 PM
Quote from: Hectic on November 21, 2018, 04:20:20 PM

In these situations, the sec and chairman of the club are usually in danger, with like year long suspensions etc.

In this case, I couldn't see that occurring, as Dunloy seem to have behaved honourably
who investigate these issues? Mr Elliott couldn't of course...

bannside

Why could he not investigate? Am I missing something?

Belfast GAA man

He's from dunloy and dunloy are in the dock. Can remember teams being put out for fielding illegal players
There has to b a level playing pitch for all teams

Gold

No one has answered....why the hell would or has he, The Player, done this?!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

bannside

The Elliott you speak of Belfast Gaa Man is not a Cuchullian. Owen is an All Saint.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on November 21, 2018, 05:48:56 PM
The Elliott you speak of Belfast Gaa Man is not a Cuchullian. Owen is an All Saint.

Oh dear!  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Belfast GAA man

Scundered then.  Just sacked my spad! 

BigBallWeeBall

Genuine mistake Belfast GAA man. I thought there was a Dunloy connection through hurling familywise

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on November 21, 2018, 09:24:34 AM
A rare situation indeed. Looks like Dunloy did all they could to be fair. Should be interesting to see how this one plays out. Owen Elliott wasn't expecting this to land in his lap. I wonder has there ever been a precedent....especially to the extent that the original club signed the transfer with details intact. Messy.

Genuine mistake! This post was up a page back, Owen been doing the CCC for a while now, and if you're a GAA man that be not too difficult work out!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BigBallWeeBall

Milltown Row2