Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hectic

Its not the mans club or location that count but the man himself.

Hectic

The Gs Man

Quote from: Spike on September 26, 2017, 11:58:11 AM

Will be interested to hear from contributors who have worked with Lenny and what his plus points are.  Hopefully he ia a student of S&C, a great communicator, has no time for training ground bluffers  and has great in-game management.  If he has those 4 stengths at least then we have a chance of improvement and getting off to the right start.

Played under him in the early days of his coaching career.  And he does indeed have these qualities, in my humble opinion.
Keep 'er lit

paddyjohn

Usain

No doubt Lenny has a plan....so did fitzy, dawson, baker, whitey etc etc.....even thornberry but thats still to be actually confirmed. 
Im sure they were all sound and great.  Harbinsons will be based on the current squad, as will mckeevers but with a bit of an eye on further down. Aidans was a grassroots up proposal. He has been turned down twice now so i doubt he'll let his good name be tarnished any more with association with antrim again. Mckeever was begged to put his name in and yet again gets a sore nose. Both other candidates offered that hope to the players and supporters of something different.   The board have went with the status quo and the repeated formula of failure so why would SW player.or general antrim supporter think things will be any different from before? 

If it was a SW manager/ outside man that had repeated failures i would be saying get a belfast man in for a change. Jesus we've had decades of failure following this formula so why cant we change it up .

At the very least,surely it must be conceded that we are repeating what we have always done?   

Will be interested to hear from contributors who have worked with Lenny and what his plus points are.  Hopefully he ia a student of S&C, a great communicator, has no time for training ground bluffers  and has great in-game management.  If he has those 4 stengths at least then we have a chance of improvement and getting off to the right start.

Lenny is a good man. What you're saying above is also true. He is very similar to all that have failed to improve our lot before him. Would ave been great to see a radicall new approach to the setup  :-\ :(

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 26, 2017, 11:30:43 AM
Quote from: paddyjohn on September 26, 2017, 11:25:17 AM
Anybody know the make up of Lennys back room team?

Spike would know, or CB due to his leakage
Sworn to secrecy I'm afraid MR2..... :D

BrendanAntrim

Jeez...this is a new record of some kind. Lenny has been in post less than a full day and already some people - Antrim supporters apparently - are prepared to write off his tenure as a failure. He deserves the support of us all, and all our clubs as he tried to turn around our fortunes. Best wishes to him and whatever backroom team he brings on board.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Usain on September 26, 2017, 04:11:12 PM
No doubt Lenny has a plan....so did fitzy, dawson, baker, whitey etc etc.....even thornberry but thats still to be actually confirmed. 
Im sure they were all sound and great.  Harbinsons will be based on the current squad, as will mckeevers but with a bit of an eye on further down. Aidans was a grassroots up proposal. He has been turned down twice now so i doubt he'll let his good name be tarnished any more with association with antrim again. Mckeever was begged to put his name in and yet again gets a sore nose. Both other candidates offered that hope to the players and supporters of something different.   The board have went with the status quo and the repeated formula of failure so why would SW player.or general antrim supporter think things will be any different from before? 

If it was a SW manager/ outside man that had repeated failures i would be saying get a belfast man in for a change. Jesus we've had decades of failure following this formula so why cant we change it up .

At the very least,surely it must be conceded that we are repeating what we have always done?   

Lenny is a good man. What you're saying above is also true. He is very similar to all that have failed to improve our lot before him. Would ave been great to see a radicall new approach to the setup  :-\ :(

Radical? Want to explain further?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on September 26, 2017, 04:25:05 PM
Jeez...this is a new record of some kind. Lenny has been in post less than a full day and already some people - Antrim supporters apparently - are prepared to write off his tenure as a failure. He deserves the support of us all, and all our clubs as he tried to turn around our fortunes. Best wishes to him and whatever backroom team he brings on board.

I think that is because we've been good down this road before, a West Belfast manager who is an ex county man and has mates on the committee. Now, before I get accused of being negative etc, I've no gripe with Lenny Harbinson or whoever his backroom team is. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 26, 2017, 05:24:42 PM

I think that is because we've been good down this road before, a West Belfast manager who is an ex county man and has mates on the committee. Now, before I get accused of being negative etc, I've no gripe with Lenny Harbinson or whoever his backroom team is.

What mates on the committee?? Jesus lads get over yourselves, paranoia and backroom deals ffs! Your not negative?? Wise up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BrendanAntrim

Hey, let us know when you are being negative, just so we know. Thanks.

paddyjohn

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on September 26, 2017, 07:48:23 PM

Nice of you to come out of the woodwork Brendan.

I'll back Lenny to the hilt, St Galls played some lovey Football when he was in charge and I hope he gets Antrim playing the same but he needs support of all our best players and the respect of them to.

BrendanAntrim

Didn't realise I had been in the woodwork

country bumpkin

Do Brendan and MR2 have mates in high places ;)??

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 26, 2017, 08:53:07 PM
Quote from: BrendanAntrim on September 26, 2017, 07:48:23 PM

Nice of you to come out of the woodwork Brendan.

I'll back Lenny to the hilt, St Galls played some lovey Football when he was in charge and I hope he gets Antrim playing the same but he needs support of all our best players and the respect of them to.

Eh? All of our best players? Is he going to play the worst players ? Jesus lad stop getting caught up it the us and themuns!! Child ground stuff