Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galer

Is lenny doing it for nothing mr2?
Was adams?

saffronog67

It is very clear what I mean but you can continue to be facetious.

Fitzy was hamstrung, Adams too. Now Lenny will be no different. McK, O'R and Lenny all know how difficult the job is, the two men in question wanted every possible advantage to get the set up off the ground.

Like it or not MR2, if there isn't money invested in the players they will stay at their clubs. No question! fs Cargin's set up has been better than Antrim's for the last three years! No wonder half of them don't fancy driving to Belfast 3 times a week.

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 26, 2017, 09:26:54 AM
Quote from: saffronog67 on September 26, 2017, 09:20:36 AM
With all the CV's on the table, yes, Lenny would come out on top.

The difference, as mentioned before, is that McKeever and O'Rourke have been a part of professional set ups and from what I hear were demanding that Antrim transitioned in to a professional set up. Which means the highest level of funding possible.

Of course, Saffron vision are in their infancy of their bigger picture and perhaps they are not ready to invest such capital. With the business scheme starting to gain momentum we might be in a far stronger position financially in 2/3 years time.

Did I hear JC was a part of the backroom staff, that might appease all the SW chat on here?

you mean they were getting paid?

Hectic

Maybe one of the reasons we are fucked as a county is because too many don't give a guy a chance on his own merit but rather have to generalize, throw negativity and give up before we begin.  These are the traits of losers which our county has been for a long time.

The Gs Man

Good luck to Lenny.  Looks like he's gonna need it.

Keep 'er lit

saffronog67

Look, Lenny could be the best rope maker in the world, the problem is we are handing him thread.

A lot of the negativity is directed at the means not the outcome.

Quote from: Hectic on September 26, 2017, 09:50:21 AM
Maybe one of the reasons we are fucked as a county is because too many don't give a guy a chance on his own merit but rather have to generalize, throw negativity and give up before we begin.  These are the traits of losers which our county has been for a long time.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Galer on September 26, 2017, 09:38:51 AM
Is lenny doing it for nothing mr2?
Was adams?

dId i say he was? Who does nowadays?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

Can't speak of McKeever but I haven't heard good reports about O'Rourke and his managaement. Lenny is a good manager. The probelm will be if he gets the right support from county board and players.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: saffronog67 on September 26, 2017, 09:40:43 AM
It is very clear what I mean but you can continue to be facetious.

Fitzy was hamstrung, Adams too. Now Lenny will be no different. McK, O'R and Lenny all know how difficult the job is, the two men in question wanted every possible advantage to get the set up off the ground.

Like it or not MR2, if there isn't money invested in the players they will stay at their clubs. No question! fs Cargin's set up has been better than Antrim's for the last three years! No wonder half of them don't fancy driving to Belfast 3 times a week.

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 26, 2017, 09:26:54 AM
Quote from: saffronog67 on September 26, 2017, 09:20:36 AM
With all the CV's on the table, yes, Lenny would come out on top.

The difference, as mentioned before, is that McKeever and O'Rourke have been a part of professional set ups and from what I hear were demanding that Antrim transitioned in to a professional set up. Which means the highest level of funding possible.

Of course, Saffron vision are in their infancy of their bigger picture and perhaps they are not ready to invest such capital. With the business scheme starting to gain momentum we might be in a far stronger position financially in 2/3 years time.

Did I hear JC was a part of the backroom staff, that might appease all the SW chat on here?

you mean they were getting paid?

If you care to look at the previous posts I've put on, Ive always stated that the problem is not the management, it's what they have to work with, there is not a current successful manager in Ireland that would be able to come in and make us Ulster champions in the next 4 years if we continue with current structures... we won't do anything either if a panel is brought together and continues to do the same thing as before... but coming on here and lambasting a newly appointment management team before they have had a chance to have a cup of coffee is daft...

And this has nothing to do with Lenny being a clubman of mine

The SW lads on here are really getting their back up on appointments, very embarrassing and shows it to be petty, you'll not get one Belfast poster complaining about a NA managemet team taking the hurlers, even though the most successfull managers were from Belfast  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Spike

Call it negative if you like but the comments here are not a slight on Lenny as a man, im sure he is a fine fellow.  The reasoning for disgruntlement is the continuation to appoint managers and staff in the same manner as we have for decades (baker being the exception) as experience tells us that unless we do something different we will experience the same abject results as we have achieved for decades (again baker being the only exception).    SW players have been underwhelmed as past few years at the county and I fail to see how that will change under this 3 year period unless major changes are made behind the scenes.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Spike on September 26, 2017, 10:59:06 AM
Call it negative if you like but the comments here are not a slight on Lenny as a man, im sure he is a fine fellow.  The reasoning for disgruntlement is the continuation to appoint managers and staff in the same manner as we have for decades (baker being the exception) as experience tells us that unless we do something different we will experience the same abject results as we have achieved for decades (again baker being the only exception).    SW players have been underwhelmed as past few years at the county and I fail to see how that will change under this 3 year period unless major changes are made behind the scenes.

Its being reviewed every year and a current monitoring system in place i believe... Again, do you think bringing in a SW man or an Armagh man would have changed it? If you feel that the current set up who searched interviewed appointed and rattified the manager is continuing to do it wrong then whats your solution?

Throwing money at things might help short time its doesnt make players into world beaters. I'm 100% sure that Lenny would have a plan a view and everything he believes will improve Antrim, why else would you bother, he'd have a presentation done with backroom people in place and a training schedule set up with realistic targets set out.

I'm sure there are some people here who have interviewed people for jobs and on the day these people were brilliant, when they actually settled into the job they were no different to the one who they took over from, we live in hope that it wont fall down that road and that the county will have given Lenny the resources he needs to match his plan, otherwise why would he take it on.. its a two way thing, the county have to buy in also, as do the players and so called supporters

Hectic

Look that is the thing.  There is a lot of work to be done from grassroots up, structures etc but that is building for the future.  In the here and now what is to stop all our best players weighing in behind the new manager to see what we can achieve?

paddyjohn

Anybody know the make up of Lennys back room team?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 26, 2017, 11:25:17 AM
Anybody know the make up of Lennys back room team?

Spike would know, or CB due to his leakage

Galer

Mr2 thats the most impressing peice u have ever wrote,you sre right its not about sw or lenny it is the structures and why most people on here wanted one of the other canditates to force the county board into making a commitment,dont doubt lenny is a goid man/manager but it wont make a diff.the other 2 would have made the cb/saff vis open there eyes to a professional set up.in short term they mightnt fair any better than lenny but would have made the cb just what has to b done,not just at senior but underage development as well.that is the thorn.either o rourke or mckeev would have restructured the whole thing something sv cant do and dont have the vision to do.
Bannside is the biggest cheerleader on here about sv.how does he see them this morning?

Spike

No doubt Lenny has a plan....so did fitzy, dawson, baker, whitey etc etc.....even thornberry but thats still to be actually confirmed. 
Im sure they were all sound and great.  Harbinsons will be based on the current squad, as will mckeevers but with a bit of an eye on further down. Aidans was a grassroots up proposal. He has been turned down twice now so i doubt he'll let his good name be tarnished any more with association with antrim again. Mckeever was begged to put his name in and yet again gets a sore nose. Both other candidates offered that hope to the players and supporters of something different.   The board have went with the status quo and the repeated formula of failure so why would SW player.or general antrim supporter think things will be any different from before? 

If it was a SW manager/ outside man that had repeated failures i would be saying get a belfast man in for a change. Jesus we've had decades of failure following this formula so why cant we change it up .

At the very least,surely it must be conceded that we are repeating what we have always done?   

Will be interested to hear from contributors who have worked with Lenny and what his plus points are.  Hopefully he ia a student of S&C, a great communicator, has no time for training ground bluffers  and has great in-game management.  If he has those 4 stengths at least then we have a chance of improvement and getting off to the right start.