Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: Hectic on March 13, 2017, 11:30:11 AM
Even better then as potentially requires less financial input from the clubs?

How do you figure that Hectic?

Christmas Lights

A 69 point defeat....wow.

Very difficult to encourage people to play when taking those sort of beatings

Hectic

Quote from: NAG1 on March 13, 2017, 12:06:27 PM
Quote from: Hectic on March 13, 2017, 11:30:11 AM
Even better then as potentially requires less financial input from the clubs?

How do you figure that Hectic?

'potentially' and '?' - I am asking would that likely be the case compared to clubs that maintain their own grounds - generally clubs with more members - I know grant aid plays a massive part in some clubs impressive facilities but on the basis of being matched by a financial contribution for the club before you consider upkeep.  I assume that there is a payment for the use of council facilities but maybe easier to get them there in the first place without the club having to put up thousands initially.  But as I say 'potential' and '?' so I would be happy to be informed of exactly how this works.

Hectic

Quote from: Christmas Lights on March 13, 2017, 01:24:32 PM

Yeah which is exactly why I think they are due credit for keeping the games going in their area.

ned

Quote from: Hectic on March 13, 2017, 01:38:14 PM

Yeah which is exactly why I think they are due credit for keeping the games going in their area.

I remember as a minor in the 80's beating teams like Aghagallon and Glenavy by massive scores. My club have gone backwards since then,  they have progressed. These clubs need all the encouragement they can get.

paddyjohn

Quote from: ned on March 13, 2017, 01:42:20 PM

I remember as a minor in the 80's beating teams like Aghagallon and Glenavy by massive scores. My club have gone backwards since then,  they have progressed. These clubs need all the encouragement they can get.

Agree but how do you encourage them?

ned

Quote from: paddyjohn on March 13, 2017, 02:32:21 PM
Quote from: ned on March 13, 2017, 01:42:20 PM

Agree but how do you encourage them?
By reassuring them that times will get better. As it is one of two things will happen. By the end of the year scorelines will be closer OR they will have given up completely. These teams need to know that their endeavours are ultimately worthwhile.

delgany

Mitchell's should drop into South antrim football league to re build the Base of there club.
Getting hammered every week is no incentive to play ...plus it distorts the scoring difference at top of the table.
They need to develop an underage structure starting with u6/8s

themac_23

Quote from: delgany on March 13, 2017, 11:28:29 PM
Mitchell's should drop into South antrim football league to re build the Base of there club.
Getting hammered every week is no incentive to play ...plus it distorts the scoring difference at top of the table.
They need to develop an underage structure starting with u6/8s

Was about to post the same thing, no good playing ACL just for the sake of it, no shame in just a SA team, might actually encourage people out to play knowing they'll have a game every thursday for so many weeks. i think a few teams have done that in hurling this year, Davitts, O'Donnells and St Agnes. i believe all 3 clubs will come back stronger for it too.

paddyjohn

Hope you are right Mac..

On another note, anybody know anywhere nice to eat around Dundalk or Drogheda area?

country bumpkin

Jeez what a county meeting last, seems anything goes and league regulations are only there at the pleasure of those with the vision and to hear that our senior footballers will need to fund themselves in future or go hungry in transit to games.

We may well have a 'Vision' but it does seem footballers are wearing camouflage and are not in the picture.

delgany

Fitzpatricks restaurant on carling ford road is really good but expensive !

Ballymacsanlon good food and affordable

Last Man

Quote from: country bumpkin on March 14, 2017, 12:47:39 PM
Jeez what a county meeting last, seems anything goes and league regulations are only there at the pleasure of those with the vision and to hear that our senior footballers will need to fund themselves in future or go hungry in transit to games.

We may well have a 'Vision' but it does seem footballers are wearing camouflage and are not in the picture.
I think what was said is that the county can only afford to fund catering for the travelling county squads (football or hurling)once in any given day. Which seems fair enough.

delgany

Under GPA agreement every county senior  is entitled to €375 boot allowance .that's £23 000 for both squads.
Co. Board have to magic the money from burger and chips  somehow

paddyjohn

Quote from: delgany on March 14, 2017, 11:42:20 PM
Under GPA agreement every county senior  is entitled to €375 boot allowance .that's £23 000 for both squads.
Co. Board have to magic the money from burger and chips  somehow

I was in Kellys Inn a few weeks ago, Tyrone teams were all over the resturant and function eating, I'd 3/4 different teams. No problem getting fed there.