Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: erinsboy on September 12, 2016, 07:33:49 PM
Mill town what parish rivals have st galls had in the last 15 years that you can compare to cargin and creggan you might say that cargin have been your rivals but it's not the same cargin and st galls match are usually pure football the last four or five times cargin have played creggan in championship it has been a slug fest of who wants it the most with very little football just look at the number of frees or cards the parish rivalry down here is on a different level to what st gall are used till.

The Johnnies, always has been going back 50 years, the championship games have always been ugly affairs
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

erinsboy

That's a long time ago long before my time but I'm sure even back then beatting the johnnies by six points was a good result people are questioning cargin performance on Saturday night all that I'm saying is beating creggan is a good result they are a good side and madden has them well drilled I dare say if they had of been on the other side of the draw we might have been meeting them in the final ;) ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: erinsboy on September 12, 2016, 08:17:27 PM
That's a long time ago long before my time but I'm sure even back then beatting the johnnies by six points was a good result people are questioning cargin performance on Saturday night all that I'm saying is beating creggan is a good result they are a good side and madden has them well drilled I dare say if they had of been on the other side of the draw we might have been meeting them in the final ;) ;)

Well we'll be happy to get past the semi's ... get the finals back to Casement  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

general_lee

Quote from: Pocs pints and the gaa on September 11, 2016, 08:13:08 PM
Quote from: Hectic on September 11, 2016, 09:03:05 AM
Quote from: Pocs pints and the gaa on September 10, 2016, 07:58:04 PM
Aghagallon shouldn't even be in the Antrim league! Armagh scumbags

Really?

Sure they started off in Armagh, their underage played in Armagh, their camogie plays in Armagh, they go to school in Armagh, most of them support Armagh, so that looks like Armagh men to me! Also does their parish not also run into down?
you should share your views around derryhirk and gawleys gate. I dare say you'll go home wearing your nose as a cap

bogieman

Quote from: Pocs pints and the gaa on September 11, 2016, 08:13:08 PM
Quote from: Hectic on September 11, 2016, 09:03:05 AM
Quote from: Pocs pints and the gaa on September 10, 2016, 07:58:04 PM
Aghagallon shouldn't even be in the Antrim league! Armagh scumbags

Really?

Sure they started off in Armagh, their underage played in Armagh, their camogie plays in Armagh, they go to school in Armagh, most of them support Armagh, so that looks like Armagh men to me! Also does their parish not also run into down?

'ya tool' seems quite apt
This is not Irish dancing. -RH

Pocs pints and the gaa

Yas don't know where yis are from. Sure even your one who was on Take Me Out didn't know. Saying she was from Aghalee.

Well

Aghalee is welcome to her!

Christmas Lights

Is that all senior league football completed in Antrim now?  Just championship left?

Points a Good Score

Quote from: Christmas Lights on September 15, 2016, 06:09:09 PM
Is that all senior league football completed in Antrim now?  Just championship left?

I think there are a couple of re fixtures this weekend but all the important stuff is wrapped up in terms of promtion/relegation and league winners.

Hectic

Quote from: Christmas Lights on September 15, 2016, 06:09:09 PM

I thought cut off was last weekend so should only be championship from here in.

Na Glinntí Glasa

it was, hence why we had to play 3 games in a week after playing a semi final against Aldergrove but somehow theres still a game this week after the cut off date that we wernt allow to go by.

Go figure that one out.
hurl like f**k boi!

Christmas Lights

Is it a case of whoever finished top of the league after all games are plays wins it? There are no league playoffs as such to determine overall winner?

country bumpkin

Cargin were forced to play, what was a 'dead rubber' game at Milltown the day after their championship replay.....despite the fact that Rossa and Creggan who had  championship games on the same day did not proceed with their league games on the Sunday.
Hear the county look to a 'bonus'/sweetner' if they complete league on a proscribed date?
No wonder we are in such a state of affairs when the majority of our clubs, those not still involved in championship anticipate seven months inactive........

Hectic

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 16, 2016, 04:18:27 PM
it was, hence why we had to play 3 games in a week after playing a semi final against Aldergrove but somehow theres still a game this week after the cut off date that we wernt allow to go by.

Go figure that one out.

Was not aware that there were further games played. Could leeway have been given after all issues resolved. If there is a cut off I believe it should be adhered to.

stiffler

When's the minor final ? I thought it was meant to be tonight in ahoghill ?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009