Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

country bumpkin

>:Think thats the distilled vetsion Bannside, or the close bystander I spoke to was hallucinating and one of your players did not seek medical assistance or a tetanus  jab, and the game was not terminated early. And as all such tales proceed , sure they all lived happily ever after. :)

bannside

It had potential to turn ugly and yes there was a bad edge to the game I won't dispute that CB. But there were few if any punches thrown that's my point. Having managed teams in Derry division one for five years trust me they wouldn't even catagorise  what happened as a row.   

Yes there is an allegation of a bite, that's correct and I did see the evidence. Will get an update from the player involved tonight.

We have our opinion of events and St Galls will have theirs, but we have all seen a whole lot worse that's never reported.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on May 22, 2015, 11:26:42 AM
>:Think thats the distilled vetsion Bannside, or the close bystander I spoke to was hallucinating and one of your players did not seek medical assistance or a tetanus  jab, and the game was not terminated early. And as all such tales proceed , sure they all lived happily ever after. :)

Well as long as nobody was kicked in the head eh CB?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

SambaSaffron

Far be it from me to 'defend' Cargin, why do you keep deflecting away from the conversation MR2? With allegations of bites and the ref blowing it up early for players safety it must have been pretty heavy stuff.

manballandall

MR2 wasn't there and neither where any of the people on here bar bannside who has dismissed it so who's jumping on the bandwagon?.
The referees report is all anyone can go on so let's wait and see

country bumpkin

A kick on the head, a smack on the head with a hurl, (a weapon at a football game), a bite from a possibly rabid interloper, or being manhandled over the perimeter wire by a former footballer......which is the worst infraction MR2?sure u decide ???

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on May 22, 2015, 07:15:17 PM
Quote from: SambaSaffron on May 22, 2015, 07:08:55 PM
Far be it from me to 'defend' Cargin, why do you keep deflecting away from the conversation MR2? With allegations of bites and the ref blowing it up early for players safety it must have been pretty heavy stuff.
Far be it from me to 'defend' MR2 but perhaps he wasn't at the game and isn't in a position to pass comment. The referee's report should contain all that went on and all we can do is wait and see what action the county board takes.

I'll send you an invoice for the gaaboard legal fee, MR2.

I wasn't at the game and haven't passed comment on it either..... Neither was CB or the other poster.... They have a vivid recollection of the events even though they were not there but hey, why not just throw shit at the wall, some of it will stick. :o

But to hear a Cargin man come on and actually give us grief about alleged going ons in a game they weren't at! Laughable

Whatever happens happens, if a player from the club stepped outta line he'll be punished... With the game 'Abandon' who got the points?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

culchie11

Like everyone I wasn't there but heard that time was up. So no need to worry about who gets the points mr2!

Country bumpkin u seem to know a lot for someone not there, maybe u know a few of the pg1 players v well?! U were maybe working elsewhere!

Everything that has been mentioned so far is hearsay, a bite is hard to see at the time or prove after unless u get a csi on the job lol

Bannside is being very coy on the issue.

If it was a club with a reputation they would prob be looking at a severe sanction, if supporters jump the fence at any game u should expect to play away from home a few times more than expected.

country bumpkin

Think u are making an assumption Culchie and perhaps barking up the wrong tree.?....Sure I am familiar with more tha a few of the Portglenone players and indeed the referee.
Wasn't  at the game........sorry I mised it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on May 23, 2015, 10:00:48 PM
Think u are making an assumption Culchie and perhaps barking up the wrong tree.?....Sure I am familiar with more tha a few of the Portglenone players and indeed the referee.
Wasn't  at the game........sorry I mised it.

So from this post we can say that anything from the match you quoted was full of shoite ??

bannside

As I said before this was a mini storm in a teacup. On a scale of one to ten this was a two in  Antrim football circles and wouldn't even register on the scale in neighbouring counties. St Galls were the better team - great team great club. Appreciate them when we can. End of. Nothing else to see here.

country bumpkin

Well Mr2 those charged with discipline will make thei,ir determination on the goings on in Portglenone ladt week and although I am sure the little guy who sits on the lofty chair would prefer to deal with those ruffians from Toome given the opportunity I think a big slap on the wrist is inevitable.
As I said the halo slipped on this occassion despite Bannside's all too loud protestations, and his vigorous 'tugging on the forelock'.
Do u assume the neutetal ref present was asleep at the wheel?

manballandall

A cargin referee is hardly neutral lol

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on May 24, 2015, 08:58:38 AM
Well Mr2 those charged with discipline will make thei,ir determination on the goings on in Portglenone ladt week and although I am sure the little guy who sits on the lofty chair would prefer to deal with those ruffians from Toome given the opportunity I think a big slap on the wrist is inevitable.
As I said the halo slipped on this occassion despite Bannside's all too loud protestations, and his vigorous 'tugging on the forelock'.
Do u assume the neutetal ref present was asleep at the wheel?

Honestly, you're like a dog with a bone (er). Everyone has said what will be will be, let the man in the middle do his job, and if there are punishments then so be it, we've lost big players before and still managed to do well, so I don't think it will make any real difference

SaffronHeart

I am not condoning what St Galls are alleged to have did but a Cargin man lecturing on violence is laughable. Correct me if I am wrong but did they not once upon a time break a leg of one of the Hamill's from Glenavy?