Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

culchie11

MR2, aidso played against Ahoghill in the league just last week!!  ::)

he is always in peak condition, so i wud say he will feature in some capacity & sure the bold kevin is back playing again, for me he got galls over the finish line last year, came on caught a few balls, broke a few & kicked a great score! such a talent!

as christy once said, its a long way from here to there!!

country bumpkin

just home from fortress Corrigan.............and I do believe Cargin are on the up and up and in fact they are playing a different brand of football......the JB factor??? ;)

bannside

Cargin are on fire. Believe me they are a different animal this year.

SaffronHeart

Cargin have flattered to deceive too many times. Leagues are for playing in....

Milltown Row2

Quote from: culchie11 on May 02, 2015, 10:41:20 AM
MR2, aidso played against Ahoghill in the league just last week!!  ::)

he is always in peak condition, so i wud say he will feature in some capacity & sure the bold kevin is back playing again, for me he got galls over the finish line last year, came on caught a few balls, broke a few & kicked a great score! such a talent!

as christy once said, its a long way from here to there!!

Yes but he lives and works in Wales... Anyway we are miles away from the Cargin juggernaut
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Cargin have indeed flattered to deceive SH no one will disagree with you on that.  I'm talking the JB factor here. That's the difference.

What is that exactly ( you may be asking).

It's the simple fact that he is a championship winning machine - including for the younger posters - with Cargin the last time he took them.

As a neutral who appreciates good football wherever it is played I am telling you Cargin are a different proposition with him. The question is whether it's enough to topple the best Antrim club side ever. And I'd say probably yes.

That's what makes this year so intriguing.  Galls last stand at winning Ulster. Cargin big push to topple Galls.  Maybe the most exciting championship match in years awaits.

manballandall

Rewind 12 months and you were saying the exact same thing. Maybe the problem is talking them up every year, the players do it too,  which puts the pressure on them and ultimately sh@t in the nest. With the talent they have they should have won more, especially when st galls haven't been firing on all cylinders but it's now become a mental thing along with not having the right game plan.
Cargin for me this year though

Milltown Row2

They owe me a fortune ffs  ::)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Jeez took that last post with the proverbial pinch of salt MR 2......but having conferred with JB he recommends a wager on the Greens  this year and his 100% record in Toome to remain intact. :)

Milltown Row2

Look its been a two horse race for years, I like a punt, no money for us but if we do feck it up then 2/1 is a great price.... I've lost a few quid but happy we win the Championship.... So its a no brainer lol

culchie11

looks like div 1 is shaping up as most would have expected, lamhs doing slightly better haven beaten both cargin & st galls, but neither will be too worried about that.

portglenone have picked up a few good results recently to lift them. aldergrove & st teresas both struggling & need a win shortly to give themselves hope.

fermanagh game isnt far away now, interesting to see some players added to the squad, kieran mcgourty, duffin, doyle, delargy & sweeney back on board.

cant see fermanagh underestimating us this year, they have improved alot since last year. hopefully the team can give a good account of themselves & you just never know!

SaffronHeart

Any St Johns men on here able to tell me if they are fielding an u16 football team?

delgany

Amazingly  sth  antrim   have  accepted  that  st johns are  not  fielding  in the u16  grading  competition. And allow  them  to  enter  div 2  when it begins......what   a  joke.......win  at  all  costs  mentality  gone wrong...I honestly   couldnt  believe  that ......st  johns  conceding  games 

SaffronHeart

One rule for the Big Clubs, another rule for everybody else. It has always been the way. This is one of the reasons the county is in the state its in

ArfurFoxAche

Quote from: delgany on May 18, 2015, 09:46:57 PM
Amazingly  sth  antrim   have  accepted  that  st johns are  not  fielding  in the u16  grading  competition. And allow  them  to  enter  div 2  when it begins......what   a  joke.......win  at  all  costs  mentality  gone wrong...I honestly   couldnt  believe  that ......st  johns  conceding  games

Nothing amazing about it and nothing other clubs haven't done or won't continue to do in lean times.  Clubs have a choice in years where they don't have the numbers or strength in depth to sustain a challenge - either amalgamate with other clubs or drop down to the level that suits limited resources, thereby giving their own players and the players of opposing teams meaningful games.  Wanting kids to get a bit of enjoyment out of that is certainly not a joke.  St John's are exactly the same as any other club in that respect.