Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaffronHeart

Relax Geteven, early days yet. That was half a team out today Tyrone are Division 1 and we are division 4. Promotion is the target who is the first game against? Championship will be interesting tomorrow night give players something to train for.

Catch and Kick

Carson, McVeigh  and Gallagher impressed today Who do you see coming in Saffron Heart?

SaffronHeart

Quite alot Catch and Kick from players that will get league gametime, I can see Murray and Delargey from Queens plus McBride and Fitzpatrick from the Ranch, Johnston brothers plus mc keever from UUJ. Then Tomas, Kobo and maybe Mick??? Also Niblock and then then Mick Armstrong from Rossa. So its not all doom and gloom just yet. Bearing in mind most of the senior players are easing themselves into it. Would love to see Sean Kelly back.

getevennotcross

Quote from: SaffronHeart on January 18, 2015, 07:05:33 PM
Relax Geteven, early days yet. That was half a team out today Tyrone are Division 1 and we are division 4. Promotion is the target who is the first game against? Championship will be interesting tomorrow night give players something to train for.
What I have seen so far has been abysmal.  I would not be too sure this team is likely to get out of Div. 4 this year either.  Hate to say that, but I honestly, I think its going to be a long hard road for Antrim football.  Such negative, defensive football, and more importantly, the defence is still not porous and vulnerable.  Heavens above, but we are in a poor state presently!

Granted it is only McKenna Cup, but far from impressed or inspired.  Obviously none of our games will be featured on Sky this coming season, which "frankly" is understandable.

Catch and Kick

It would be good to see all those boys back in the fold, but with only 2 weeks to the opener, surely they would need to be back in before being considered - to be fair to the panel who have played in the McKenna?

SaffronHeart

Dunno Catch and Kick its win at all costs, and the management know theyll need the senior players to stand up. The time for experimentation is over

imtommygunn

St galls cargin first round!( well quarter final but their first game)

I thought seeding prevented this??

imtommygunn

Unless my irish is letting me down- clan na heireann = cargin. Right?

Milltown Row2

So Cargin won't reach final again?? Bummer ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jeepers Creepers

imtommygunn

I think cargin will have a better chance earlier on to be honest.

So seeding means best four are in quarter finals and no more. Do they not understand how a seeding system works??

Portglenone st teresas an interesting tie bs.

country bumpkin

Cargin certainly will have a better chance against Gall's in such stage, but I'f anyone ever had a doubt on the incompetence within those holding the reins take note.............they don't even know how to employ a seeding system..............seems the paid employee runs the show.

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 19, 2015, 09:45:35 PM
So Cargin won't reach final again?? Bummer ;)
U could be right MR nothing is certain except the fact that the gate at the 2015 final will not be hard to lift  :-\

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 19, 2015, 10:05:10 PM
I think cargin will have a better chance earlier on to be honest.

So seeding means best four are in quarter finals and no more. Do they not understand how a seeding system works??

Portglenone st teresas an interesting tie bs.

Based on what?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

The last time they beat you it was in an earlier round. Also you'll have less prep time. Not saying they'll beat you but think they stand a better chance. I hope they do but that is only as i would like to see other teams win it. Would prefer they didn't win it either so beat you then get beat by someone else would suit me :)