Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: bannside on November 03, 2014, 08:49:55 AM
"How'd your club go this year" is  great question to put to Hoof MR2. This should be good, lol!

might wait until tonight to answer that, not enough time on my hands now !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

The Worker

Quote from: bannside on November 03, 2014, 11:13:03 AM
How did Moneyglass get themselves into this position beats me. They were six points up against Glenavy at half time, playing at home, and managed to lose. Apparently the Glenavy manager resigned at half time too in bizarre circumstances. Whatever then happened Glenavy changed their style of play and came back to win the game. Its all in a game.

Was told by a mglass man they didn't want to go up as they felt a year of heavy defeats in div 1 would do them no good.

Didn't portglenone do something similar last year or the year before?

theskull1

Quote from: hardstation on November 05, 2014, 10:36:25 PM
Yip. They finished above us in Div 2 but decided they didn't want to go up so we took their place. We haven't looked back!!

The North Antrim mafia wouldn't have stood for that
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Points a Good Score

Quote from: The Worker on November 05, 2014, 10:32:38 PM
Quote from: bannside on November 03, 2014, 11:13:03 AM
How did Moneyglass get themselves into this position beats me. They were six points up against Glenavy at half time, playing at home, and managed to lose. Apparently the Glenavy manager resigned at half time too in bizarre circumstances. Whatever then happened Glenavy changed their style of play and came back to win the game. Its all in a game.

Was told by a mglass man they didn't want to go up as they felt a year of heavy defeats in div 1 would do them no good.

Didn't portglenone do something similar last year or the year before?

Not the case at all Moneyglass wanted to go up but unfortunately made a balls of it on the last day, if Gort na Mona were to beat St Tereseas that would see Moneyglass up in second place

bannside

Good wins for All Saints and St Endas U-21`s yesterday. Neither will be anyone's pushovers based on those score-lines. Portglenone looked very rusty in just about doing enough to see off a gutsy Rossa. Many including myself were not feeling optimistic at half time when we trailed by two and had to face a strong wind and uphill in the second half. Rossa have plenty of quality players, many who have won minor championships or Paul Mc Girr medals, so were are thankful to live to fight another day.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Peileadoir on November 03, 2014, 10:19:08 AM
What odds Gort na Mona and St. Teresa's playing for a draw this week? Draw suits both teams if teams that finish level on points are decided by the head to head scenario as stated in the rule book. in the two games between Gorts and Aghagallon this year the results were A 2-15 Gorts 2-9 and Gorts 2-16 A 2-9. Therefore 1 win each but Gorts have a better scoring difference of +1. in the games between Moneyglass and St. Teresa's again its one win each but St. Teresa's won their game 1-19 to 0-13 whereas Moneyglass only won theirs 0-14 to 0-13. Could we see both teams kick the ball back and forth to one another for 60 mins maybe even a 0-0 TO 0-0 draw. I wouldn't like to be a Moneyglass or Aghagallon player waiting on that result.

guess what !!

JimStynes

Match fixing at its finest today. We have played our under 21s in the last few games as we were safe going by the league table on the website. Then all of a sudden we have been deducted a point and now were faced with this farce today.

country bumpkin

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on November 09, 2014, 03:27:30 PM
What odds Gort na Mona and St. Teresa's playing for a draw this week? Draw suits both teams if teams that finish level on points are decided by the head to head scenario as stated in the rule book. in the two games between Gorts and Aghagallon this year the results were A 2-15 Gorts 2-9 and Gorts 2-16 A 2-9. Therefore 1 win each but Gorts have a better scoring difference of +1. in the games between Moneyglass and St. Teresa's again its one win each but St. Teresa's won their game 1-19 to 0-13 whereas Moneyglass only won theirs 0-14 to 0-13. Could we see both teams kick the ball back and forth to one another for 60 mins maybe even a 0-0 TO 0-0 draw. I wouldn't like to be a Moneyglass or Aghagallon player waiting on that result.
guess what HH the way i read the rule Moneyglass are promoted................head to head is one apiece and thus score difference on league performances all year is the decision maker.............Gort na Mona will however profit and they will retain status at the expense of Aghagallon....................maybe i am wrong as the little man may well change the rules. 

guess what !!

bannside

Youd think the clubs involved would know whether the advantaged lay in a greater points difference, or on the result of the head to head. I`d say St Teresas knew what they were doing. Match fixing not nice, but self service the only show in town.

On another note...well done St Brigids on getting a rare Ulster club victory on the club scene against the Cavan U-16 champs in the Paul Mc Girr tournament in Dromore. Great to see a bright glimmer from South Belfast, too big an area not to have a strong presence. Think Greg Finnegan is the manager (ex county full back now into his fifties) and as far as I know this is his first ever foray into management. Not bad for a management debut!

aontroim

Head to head is determined by who has the better score difference over the 2 meetings,  so unless each team beat each other by the same amount,  it won't go to overall score difference.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 09, 2014, 05:43:15 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on November 09, 2014, 03:27:30 PM
guess what HH the way i read the rule Moneyglass are promoted................head to head is one apiece and thus score difference on league performances all year is the decision maker.............Gort na Mona will however profit and they will retain status at the expense of Aghagallon....................maybe i am wrong as the little man may well change the rules. 

guess what !!

i think the highlighted bit above is right, therefore teresas are up.
Leagues and promotions arent decided over an hour, its over 18 hours. Moneyglass had 30 mins there 2 weeks ago to seal promotion, a 5 point lead against Glenavy, but blew it. So match fixing or no match fixing, its no-one elses fault

The Worker

Was talking to a lad at today's game, he said st Teresa's kept ball in their own half for the last 10 mins under no pressure at all.

Not a great way to finish the season, but what can the county do about this? Perhaps each final league game could be on the same day?

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: The Worker on November 09, 2014, 10:05:46 PM
Was talking to a lad at today's game, he said st Teresa's kept ball in their own half for the last 10 mins under no pressure at all.

Not a great way to finish the season, but what can the county do about this? Perhaps each final league game could be on the same day?

yep, before the chsip starts
start the league in March. surely in this day in age, even with county, back door and all, floodlights at MOST grounds, you can get 18 games in, Sun,Wed, Sun when possible.

No problem. I know most clubs are dual but still........

worn down

Peileadoir

Think I'll do the Euromillions tomorrow night after my prediction during the week lol. In all seriousness a draw was always on the cards and why wouldn't the two teams play for a draw if that was all they required. The management of both teams aren't stupid and like myself would have looked closely ay the tables and knew that a draw would suit both teams. Looks like my interpretation of the rules was also correct.  What would be the point of stipulating head to head results in the regulations, if score difference in the games between the sides was not also applied. It would be a bit of a contradiction. Anyway fair play to Gorts for coming with a late run to stay up when they looked doomed with a few games to go and also to the Glen Road men for securing promotion. I do feel sorry though for Aghagallon though, if they only found out after they had completed their games that they would be deducted a point for Failing to Field although saying that everyone knows that the main penalty for failing to field is the loss of the point and not the £300 and they should have known that. Exciting finale to the county's most competitive league in any case.