Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baile Aontroma

As far as the ref in Corrigan in the junior semi final is concerned he was fair enough to both teams.
Swings and roundabouts, both teams may have complaints but in the end he isn't here to defend himself and he shouldn't have to be! I was talking to a few neutrals myself and they said the best team won so no point in blaming the ref

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on September 07, 2014, 09:00:27 PM
I'm hearing that a certain linesman must share some of the blame.

A fella boots a lad up the hole, the linesman draws the ref's attention to it and between the two of them conclude that it's a yellow card.

Another incident whereby by a lad elbows the full back in the face before going on to score a goal. Apparently said linesman admitted that he saw the incident but for some reason didn't think it was important.

But, hey, such is life.

But sure i heard a certain rossa man was a complete dickhead and had no life outside of his computer. But hey such is life
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

DearyMe

What about St Pauls and St Galls??? Anyone at it? Some score!
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

SambaSaffron

Quote from: bannside on September 07, 2014, 11:25:57 PM
Of course they will.  Neither Moneyglass or Glenavy will have any inferiority complex against us. Those teams all know each other and there's never too much between them. They have all been round the block in recent years and that's making the intermediate championship more interesting than ever. Wide open.
2 decent teams aye, but after watching Portglenone tear a strong Aghagallon apart the other niht I can't see anyone in Antrim running them close. If any bookies had odds for ulster they'd be a strong bet, very powerful squad.

Gizzy15

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 08, 2014, 12:23:40 AM

A fella boots a lad up the hole, the linesman draws the ref's attention to it and between the two of them conclude that it's a yellow card.

Another incident whereby by a lad elbows the full back in the face before going on to score a goal. Apparently said linesman admitted that he saw the incident but for some reason didn't think it was important.

But, hey, such is life.

But sure i heard a certain rossa man was a complete d**khead and had no life outside of his computer. But hey such is life

Why get so annoyed. U know what happened and did nothing. And as for Baile Aontroma, feck off obviously a comgalls man.ur full of sh1t. Any neutral I talked to said it was a disgrace.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gizzy15 on September 08, 2014, 06:39:00 PM

But, hey, such is life.

But sure i heard a certain rossa man was a complete d**khead and had no life outside of his computer. But hey such is life

Why get so annoyed. U know what happened and did nothing. And as for Baile Aontroma, feck off obviously a comgalls man.ur full of sh1t. Any neutral I talked to said it was a disgrace.

Having a pop at someone while hiding behind the keyboard is well brave, Hardstation wasn't at the game so he's going on hearsay.

As for me not doing anything? I don't get what you are talking about? I run the line, any off the ball stuff that goes on that the referee doesn't see then I'll ask to call him in, as for the goal incident the referee was ten yards away from it, he called it as he seen it, ball broke to Antrim player back of the net. That's the way it goes another referee maybe would have seen it differently. Again it's difficult when your team loose and by the minimum I've lost games and feel that we didn't get the marginal calls in a match, it happens.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

themac_23

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 08, 2014, 07:27:44 PM
Quote from: Gizzy15 on September 08, 2014, 06:39:00 PM

But, hey, such is life.

Having a pop at someone while hiding behind the keyboard is well brave, Hardstation wasn't at the game so he's going on hearsay.

As for me not doing anything? I don't get what you are talking about? I run the line, any off the ball stuff that goes on that the referee doesn't see then I'll ask to call him in, as for the goal incident the referee was ten yards away from it, he called it as he seen it, ball broke to Antrim player back of the net. That's the way it goes another referee maybe would have seen it differently. Again it's difficult when your team loose and by the minimum I've lost games and feel that we didn't get the marginal calls in a match, it happens.

I think you call everything pretty down the middle MR2 and know where you're coming from i'm of the 'some days they go for ya some days they don't' way of looking at things too, but there has to be blame with the county for this. Knowing the referees family relationship with the Antrim management surely means it wasn't fair on the ref to take that game? Not having a go at the ref, but the people who make the appointments.

NAG1

Lack of ambition with O'Rourke thing or simply couldnt afford him and the backroom staff?

bannside

themac_23

Quote from: bannside on September 10, 2014, 01:04:19 PM
Baker gone.

No real surprise, not a big fan of his but if there are interviews happening for your job (public ones at that) then out of sheer pride you are going to pack it in. Don't think this has been handled well at all, there is a way to treat people and this is not it.

glens abu

Glad to see the Baker go but reading today's article in Irish News as to why they don't want O'Rourke shows again the lack of ambition from the County Board.More years in the wilderness.

Applesisapples

No wonder Antrim football is in the state it is, more splits than unionism. No ambition.

NAG1

Quote from: Applesisapples on September 10, 2014, 01:51:01 PM
No wonder Antrim football is in the state it is, more splits than unionism. No ambition.

Yeah cause he did such a bang up job with Louth  ;)

Time to get the structures right from the bottom up, until we do this, no paid mercenary will ever have success regardless.

glens abu

All they want is to get out of Div4,and that is seen as a success.

glens abu

Frank Fitz just been named the new manager.