Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: DownFanatic on June 29, 2014, 09:57:59 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on June 29, 2014, 09:37:09 PM
Big congratulations to all saints U14's winning the Div2 Feile today. They're a fine team.

I'm ignorant of Antrim football but would they have a big catchment? Sleeping giant type club?

No not really, I did the line on their Antrim Under 14 final, they have a lot of big lads and a decent team, like most clubs this comes in cycles, can they hold on to them and generate a senior team from it? I doubt it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Way to burst a bubble MR...

Catchment ok but the town predominantly protestant and soccer a big draw too which detracts a bit.

Strong enough club ballymena and i would say a lot of work has went into underage etc so fair play to them.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 29, 2014, 10:06:41 PM
Way to burst a bubble MR...

Catchment ok but the town predominantly protestant and soccer a big draw too which detracts a bit.

Strong enough club ballymena and i would say a lot of work has went into underage etc so fair play to them.

Sorry, I forgot to say well done lol. No I'm not being funny, didn't mean it to come across like that, it's the step up to senior, Rossa and St Endas and off course St Johns most years have had some great juvenile teams in the past, where are they now?

Anyways, Ballymena had a strong team a few years ago, but they are a yo-yo club
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

St johns struggle in either code to bring youth through. Endas and rossa too young yet. Creggan and lamh dearg should be the ones that should be bringing it through next year or two.

See what you mean though. Hope they can bring it through. They've had a number of solid antrim seniors this last 20 years so so hopefully get a few more here.

stiffler

Congratulations to all saints on their tremendous victory today.

Also well done to Aghagallon who reached the final of their division.

Great to see Antrim youth perform so well on the national stage, bodes well for the future.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Milltown Row2

Was the Feile run the same as the hurling? Elite clubs playing elsewhere?

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on June 29, 2014, 10:33:21 PM
No

Straight to the point as usual Skull. So the achievements of Ballymena are even better

bogball88

It was hard enough work trying to find somewhere In the West yesterday to watch double header at Croker >:(

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bogball88 on June 30, 2014, 09:24:16 AM
It was hard enough work trying to find somewhere In the West yesterday to watch double header at Croker >:(

You head to any Gaa club? Pubs in the west won't play Gaa games, Horse racing, soccer and tennis before Gaa games

imtommygunn

Limerick in Limerick for the qualifiers. Not the worst draw we could have got. Mainly I was hoping we didn't get Laois. I'd say Limerick will fancy their chances but no reason we can't win this one as Limerick aren't what they were either and struggled somewhat with London.

bogball88

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 30, 2014, 09:45:52 AM

You head to any Gaa club? Pubs in the west won't play Gaa games, Horse racing, soccer and tennis before Gaa games

Aye ended up in St Pauls, still only the one TV in there showing it! What's the story with the horse racing-would most places be doing a book on the side seeing that bookies are not allowed to open on Sundays?

bogball88

Quote from: hardstation on June 30, 2014, 10:02:08 AM
Quote from: bogball88 on June 30, 2014, 09:54:17 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 30, 2014, 09:45:52 AM

Aye ended up in St Pauls, still only the one TV in there showing it! What's the story with the horse racing-would most places be doing a book on the side seeing that bookies are not allowed to open on Sundays?
No, nowhere does that.

;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

bannside

Good picture in todays Irish News of the All saints feile winning team. To go six games without defeat in a high standard division two is well worth another mention. Great to see their hard work at juvenile level paying off. From what I have been told, most of the main men on that team are expected to come through to senior. Well done to all involved.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: bannside on July 02, 2014, 10:14:41 AM
Good picture in todays Irish News of the All saints feile winning team. To go six games without defeat in a high standard division two is well worth another mention. Great to see their hard work at juvenile level paying off. From what I have been told, most of the main men on that team are expected to come through to senior. Well done to all involved.

Meant to post this. Superb result. Great to see!! Any idea how this came about? Were local primary schools targeted by the County Board and lots of coaching given?