Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delgany

I heard that the new goalkeeper is a soccer goalkeeper for balllyclare. And plays outfield for st endas .   I would have thought. Sean O Neill would be more obvious choice , never mind ronan Hanna being snubbed !!!!

country bumpkin

Well I wonder just what the 'Baker Bashers', and there are certainly more than a few who would express their considered opinions on this site, say now..........................??? ??? ??? ??? :-\

Saffrongael

Quote from: country bumpkin on June 01, 2014, 07:38:46 PM
Well I wonder just what the 'Baker Bashers', and there are certainly more than a few who would express their considered opinions on this site, say now..........................??? ??? ??? ??? :-\

Yep he deserves credit after today, shows what's possible when you get rid of the egos and have fellas working hard.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffrongael on June 01, 2014, 07:47:58 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on June 01, 2014, 07:38:46 PM

Yep he deserves credit after today, shows what's possible when you get rid of the egos and have fellas working hard.

They well be out in there droves against Donegal. ;)

Listen to match and what a great start and baring 3/4 minutes in the games Antrim seemed to be on a different planet to Fermanagh. Get rid of those 3/4 mins we had at either half today and Antrim could give Donegal all they want.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AQMP

Holy Mother of God where did that come from???  Well I got that stone wrong.  I'm struggling to remember a better all round display from an Antrim team.  Fermanagh were totally flattered by the score line.  We should have won that by 15 points. For 55 mins we gave then a football lesson. Problem is in the the other 15 mins we conceded about 3-7.  Hard to single out a MoM everyone did well but Niblock and Neeson were outrageously good.

Some pretty ungracious and childish stuff from McGrath at the end shouting to celebrating Antrim fans "d'ye want to see my All Ireland medals."

Congrats to Baker and all the squad

tintin25

Quote from: AQMP on June 01, 2014, 08:11:42 PM
Holy Mother of God where did that come from???  Well I got that stone wrong.  I'm struggling to remember a better all round display from an Antrim team.  Fermanagh were totally flattered by the score line.  We should have won that by 15 points. For 55 mins we gave then a football lesson. Problem is in the the other 15 mins we conceded about 3-7.  Hard to single out a MoM everyone did well but Niblock and Neeson were outrageously good.

Some pretty ungracious and childish stuff from McGrath at the end shouting to celebrating Antrim fans "d'ye want to see my All Ireland

In fairness, there were a few drunken tools doing some slabbering

AQMP

Quote from: tintin25 on June 01, 2014, 08:29:39 PM

Some pretty ungracious and childish stuff from McGrath at the end shouting to celebrating Antrim fans "d'ye want to see my All Ireland

In fairness, there were a few drunken tools doing some slabbering

That's not the way I saw it but whatever

Milltown Row2

Some pretty ungracious and childish stuff from McGrath at the end shouting to celebrating Antrim fans "d'ye want to see my All Ireland medals."

Congrats to Baker and all the squad

Pete McGrath? was he part of the great Down teams of the 60's?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Not long home and still over the moon with not one, but two great results.

Antrim haven't played football like this for a long time. Fermanagh were not a bad team, but at times when we got going we looked in a different class.

Fair play to everyone, management and players of both minors and seniors. Today you restored our pride and in football that's what matters most.

A few unreal individual performances, with Kevin Niblock confirming on the big stage what we always knew, that he is one of Ulsters finest. Mick oozed class all day too.

KOBO you are now an official Antrim LEGEND.

AQMP

Quote from: bannside on June 01, 2014, 09:04:53 PM
Not long home and still over the moon with not one, but two great results.

Antrim haven't played football like this for a long time. Fermanagh were not a bad team, but at times when we got going we looked in a different class.

Fair play to everyone, management and players of both minors and seniors. Today you restored our pride and in football that's what matters most.

A few unreal individual performances, with Kevin Niblock confirming on the big stage what we always knew, that he is one of Ulsters finest. Mick oozed class all day too.

KOBO you are now an official Antrim LEGEND.

Aye bannside, left out Kobo, I thought he was brilliant all day. Flood looked pretty cool too for a debutante.

ck

Lads just dropping in to say a big well done today. Really enjoyed the game. Good luck against Donegal, you'll have 31 counties behind yee hoping they are beat with their negative shite tactics

Hoof Hearted

Even with so many scores in the match today, the sunday game showed about 3 minutes including analysis, and the 17 minutes on the black card rule ! What a f**king joke !
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

matchfit21

Great result for Antrim! Made especially sweeter to be done without the massive egos and social media whores that were exercised. Niblock among the best attackers in Ireland on his day.

rodney trotter

Niblock got a few great scores from the limited coverage that was on TSG. They spent too much time on the boring black card chat.

Gold

Saffrons are back.

I cannot remember us winning both games! Great day (with typical scary ending) but delighted!

Some block at the end! Weather held up well too
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."