Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CentreHalfBack

Apparently a few boys have left the panel....................................   :-\
New season - new reason

Gold

Wtf has this to do with Antrim football?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

glens abu

Yeah heard Tomas McCann.Colum Duffin  and Conall Kelly have gone from panel,dont like to hear that so early in season.

Gold

Quote from: glens abu on March 06, 2014, 12:42:37 PM
Yeah heard Tomas McCann.Colum Duffin  and Conall Kelly have gone from panel,dont like to hear that so early in season.

Tomas?? Why? Was one of our best players v Wicklow
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

country bumpkin

Quote from: Gold on March 06, 2014, 01:51:44 PM
Quote from: glens abu on March 06, 2014, 12:42:37 PM
May be a grain of truth in the departure of Conal Kelly and Colm Duffin'd departure but Tomas, doubt it.

Tomas?? Why? Was one of our best players v Wicklow

bannside

There seems to be real competition for starting jerseys throughout the team despite some recent withdrawals. Conal and Colm might just have been wondering where their game time was going to come from, so its no great surprise that they have decided to put in a big shift for their clubs where they will be the main men.

You have to weigh up your prospects of getting a game. Now that scoring difference looks increasingly important in our division, you cant blame a manager for wanting to keep his main 15-18 players on as much as possible, and do as much damage as they can on the scoreboard. Not much opportunity to "run the bench" and keep squad players happy. Thats the reality.

We should be good enough to help our scoring average on Sunday and with Nibs back, and Kobo & big Niall due soon, I think we can still finish this league strongly. Keep the faith....

imtommygunn

CD

Quote from: hardstation on March 09, 2014, 02:45:49 PM
Carlow scored 3-15?

Jesus Christ.

Thought I was counting incorrectly! Awful result there.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

AQMP

Carlow scored 3-15?

Jesus Christ.
Scored 1-4 in last few minutes to win. Ferm will hammer us in May.

Catch and Kick

Come on the Scallion agers!! A win against the head. Antrim will be kicking themselves as they should have won this by ten points. Carlow hung in and sneaked a win at the death and never was a win so badly wanted.
CJ McGourty scored 0-8 and had a couple of goal chances smothered by Andy O Brien in the goal.
A good double for Carlow - Rangers and senior football!

CD

Quote from: AQMP on March 09, 2014, 02:57:38 PM
Carlow scored 3-15?

Jesus Christ.

Fermanagh could be in Division 4 with Antrim next year! They need to beat Offaly and Wexford at home to stay in Division 3. I'd say that game'll be tight enough.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

AQMP

Quote from: CD on March 09, 2014, 05:13:16 PM
Carlow scored 3-15?

Jesus Christ.

Fermanagh could be in Division 4 with Antrim next year! They need to beat Offaly and Wexford at home to stay in Division 3. I'd say that game'll be tight enough.

When they squander an 8 point lead agin Carlow, I'll agree with you!!

rodney trotter

Quote from: CD on March 09, 2014, 05:13:16 PM
Carlow scored 3-15?

Jesus Christ.

Fermanagh have lost 3 games from 4 in Divison 3. Did Antrim think they would stroll through Divison 4? Seems to be that way, from the reaction of your fans after losing to Leitim the first day and then Wicklow, every side wants to get promoted not just Antrim.

Ye have talented players but it takes more then that.

imtommygunn

We keep telling ourselves that rodney but at this point you do have to wonder.

Carlow  was a winnable game. We have no right to go out and think it's s matter of turning up against anyone these days.

League looks gone. Need to work on best 15 for fermanagh.

Man Marker

Can't say l'm one bit surprised at how this is turning out. What shocks me is how much crap Dawson took for basically the same same thing that is happening here, and not as much as a tear dropped yet. One win out of four in this division.