Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

country bumpkin

Quote from: jftj on December 01, 2013, 08:21:55 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 29, 2013, 11:49:01 PM
If Im negative towards you its doesn't mean Im negative towards Cargin ya glipe!! Im glad Cargin haven't any players from outside Toome  ::) oh wait...Tir na og  Creggan ........ Glass houses ya tool.
Glipe ! I haven't heard that word in a while-cracker.On this occasion I think you,ve used it in the perfect sense.the man hasn't a clue."dummy soloing to open up a defence".i try to beat that out of 6year olds ffs.go back to soccer u retard.

Jeez jftij doubt u could teach even a six year old. anything..........your grammar is terrible, and your language is no better......and that word which you say fully describes me certainly would not be in my vocabulary as it originates from the planter, or possibly you prefer the term Scots Irish..................methinks you are well schooled in the tradition of the Mc Cooey who believes the world ends at the end of the Fall's road and anyone from beyond is of lesser intellect................you need to broaden your horizons  and definitely your mind.

BingoJunior

Division 3 Football Team in Belfast (Antrim) looking for a new manager for the 2014 season.

If you would be interested or know anyone that would be interested contact Stephen on 07544137665 or email vh_5150@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks

glens abu

Quote from: RefForFee on December 01, 2013, 01:35:38 PM
The McCooey mindest never changes, does it?  Gold bless us all. Have to agree, we really are in a bad pace.  Just like the McCooeys to apportion blame far beyond their own doorstep.  A bit of 'Shinner' syndrome setting in me thinks!

Better not let Mr.Logan hear you say that or you might get a slap. ;D

RefForFee

Quote from: glens abu on December 01, 2013, 04:51:06 PM
The McCooey mindest never changes, does it?  Gold bless us all. Have to agree, we really are in a bad pace.  Just like the McCooeys to apportion blame far beyond their own doorstep.  A bit of 'Shinner' syndrome setting in me thinks!

Does straight, transparent dialogue scare you Glens Abu? Do u want to give Mr. Logan my address if he would like to attempt his slapping tirade, I fear no man, no club, no unprincipled organisation  ::)   FFS stand up an be counted, that's what I say  ;)  The McCooeys have been blinded by their middle class church and the truceateers!
"We haven't gone away ya know, well maybe for a little while, but we'll always be back"- just like?

glens abu

Quote from: RefForFee on December 01, 2013, 06:59:48 PM

Does straight, transparent dialogue scare you Glens Abu? Do u want to give Mr. Logan my address if he would like to attempt his slapping tirade, I fear no man, no club, no unprincipled organisation  ::)   FFS stand up an be counted, that's what I say  ;)  The McCooeys have been blinded by their middle class church and the truceateers!

Ffs lighten up dickhead, :-[

Milltown Row2

Don't get drawn in glens, they'll get fed up and go or get banned
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

glens abu

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 01, 2013, 08:21:09 PM
Don't get drawn in glens, they'll get fed up and go or get banned

could be right. ::)

RefForFee

Quote from: glens abu on December 01, 2013, 07:58:13 PM
Quote from: RefForFee on December 01, 2013, 06:59:48 PM

Ffs lighten up d**khead, :-[
[/quote Ur talking like a McCooey now! No need at all  :(
"We haven't gone away ya know, well maybe for a little while, but we'll always be back"- just like?

culchie11

Some ppl have little to do over the winter than stir it up!

Heard that county football games r goin to be played in Creggan, fair play to them, great setup and they deserve it.

County r training in gym 2 nights thru the week and out on pitch at weekend, big commitment shown by players hope they get their rewards come championship!

themac_23

Motions for Convention 2013

Motion 1
That a sanction may be granted (up to a maximum of 5 per club ) to a player (s) to play U21 Championship for another club, when their parent club is not participating in that year's competition.
All sanctions to be completed by 1st March each year

Motion 2
That the All County Adult football leagues commence on the first Sunday of February each year.
Clubs play their All County leagues fixtures without their county players during the National League competitions.
Play offs be introduced to determine relegation in Divisions 1, 2, 3.football
Bottom 4 teams play relegation semi finals and final .Beaten finalist is relegated
Relegation play off winner plays the runner up in the division below- winner promoted / retains status.

Motion 3
That the ACHL Div 1 be played as follows;

Div 1 to consist of 10 teams
Everyone plays each other once.
After all nine games are played (or the stipulated cut off date is reached) the league splits into two sections, with top 5 teams playing off for the league title and bottom 5 teams playing off against relegation.

The reserve league would follow the above format.

Teams who play at home in the first phase (games 1 to 9) will travel to the opposition venue if paired together in phase 2

Motion 4
That the ACFL Divisions 1 to 3 be reorganised to form two divisions consisting of 15 teams each playing a one way league, taking effect in 2014.
Conn Mag Aoidh

Motion 5
That an ACF reserve league be ran in line with the above proposed restructured ACFL division 1 and 2
Each divisions consisting of 15 teams each play a one way league, taking effect in 2014.

Motion 6
That the ACFL, where each league has the same number of teams as it, the teams in each league would play each other once (9 games) after this the leagues would be split into 2 sections; top 5 (1a) & bottom 5 (1b) and each club would play the other 4 in their half home and away (8 games). Each club would therefore have 17 games in a season. Points gained from the first half of the league would continue on into the second half of the league when the league is split. Whoever is top of the league (top of 1a) when all games are played ie the team with the most points would be crowned champions and gaining automatic promotion if applicable.
The team who has least points (bottom of 1b) would be relegated to the division below.
The team who finished second from bottom would have a playoff game with the team who finished second highest in the league below for the right to play in the higher division the following year.
This would make all league games competitive and every team would be incentivised to compete and play all their games either to get into the top tier of the league, try to win the league or to avoid relegation/playoffs

Motion 7
That the All County Adult football leagues commence on the first Sunday of February each year.
Clubs who won't play (due to County Players participating in the NFL) will have their games rescheduled to the 1st available Wednesday night.

Motion 8
In recognition of the GAA policies on the welfare of children and the importance of Post Primary Education all competitive under 16 and minor football / hurling fixtures should be arranged for Friday evenings or Saturdays during the GCSE and A level exam periods.

Motion 9
In recognition of the GAA policies on the welfare of children and the importance of Post Primary Education we suggest that no competitive under 16 or minor football/hurling fixtures should be arranged during the GCSE or A level examination periods.

What do people make of the motions? in relation to the football league and the 2 leagues of 15, just a quick scan and it may be a bit harsh on teams at the bottom of the current div 3, for example Eire Og coming up will play the likes of Gort, Aghagallon and Glenavy, might be a struggle. Would there be a better way of structuring the leagues? think the idea of starting the leagues early is a good idea to be honest.

Milltown Row2

There seems to be nothing much wrong with that, playoffs were tried before and I liked them
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

jftj

Quote from: BingoJunior on December 01, 2013, 04:14:11 PM
Division 3 Football Team in Belfast (Antrim) looking for a new manager for the 2014 season.

If you would be interested or know anyone that would be interested contact Stephen on 07544137665 or email vh_5150@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks
why dont u give country bumpkin a call.He has great affection for all things McCooey;he will start his sessions with a bit of forward play practicing the all important 'dummy solo and dummy handpass technjques'thus insuring that your team are seen to play with a sense of adventure[while everybody else are laughing their balls off at this bunch of clowns];a quick shower followed by a white board session explaining to the players about the origins of the words they are using[just to make sure they are really bored to tears] and then move on to c,ship preparations where it can be explained to the players the importance of 'choking' on the big day.

country bumpkin

Quote from: jftj on December 02, 2013, 02:24:50 PM

Thanks
why dont u give country bumpkin a call.He has great affection for all things McCooey;he will start his sessions with a bit of forward play practicing the all important 'dummy solo and dummy handpass technjques'thus insuring that your team are seen to play with a sense of adventure[while everybody else are laughing their balls off at this bunch of clowns];a quick shower followed by a white board session explaining to the players about the origins of the words they are using[just to make sure they are really bored to tears] and then move on to c,ship preparations where it can be explained to the players the importance of 'choking' on the big day.
And conclude with a lesson on the difference between a comma and an apostrophe............

jftj

Quote from: country bumpkin on December 02, 2013, 04:54:55 PM
Quote from: jftj on December 02, 2013, 02:24:50 PM

Thanks
And conclude with a lesson on the difference between a comma and an apostrophe............
yes,that should just about tip the boredom threshold.You could go down as maybe the worst ever manager in antrim.Dawson beware,CB is gunning for your record.

glens abu

Never had great faith in the decision the CB came to in giving the Antrim job to the Baker and his team but a lot more concerned now that I hear Paddy is joining Kevin Cassidy as part of Gaoth Dobhair back room team and Baker will be managing Claudy.Where in the order will Antrim come after Gweedore,Glenuillin and Claudy.Answers on a postcard please Baker.