Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: culchie11 on September 20, 2013, 11:23:35 PM
Heard both junior and intermediate finals are to be played at lamh dhearg!

A doubleheader, think they are sun 6th October!

Heard also toland is ref for senior football final, in my opinion he deserves it too!

Yes a top bloke and a very good referee, I hope he has a cracking game, not that Galls and Cargin will make it difficult for him as they will play football
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: hardstation on September 21, 2013, 07:57:23 PM
Very sad to hear of the death of Alfie Hannaway. A dedicated St. Galls stalwart and one of life's gentlemen.
R.I.P

+1

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on September 21, 2013, 09:01:48 PM
Quote from: hardstation on September 21, 2013, 07:57:23 PM
Very sad to hear of the death of Alfie Hannaway. A dedicated St. Galls stalwart and one of life's gentlemen.
R.I.P

+1

Have been stunned by this, got word this morning that he had bleeding in the brain and had been given the last rites! hour so later he was dead, Alfie was a great club man, who involved himself within the club in any way he could, I was glad to have him with me when I managed the the seniors and the team that is so successfull today (senior footballers) had it's beginning from the time he was the under 12 manager, all those lads have come through a team that was managed by Alfie Hannaway.

To Alfie, great memories great times and a great Gael
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

glens abu

Corkey22

I heard 2 St Galls men got straight reds at Kilmacuds on Sat, (if true) will that mean suspensions for the final vs Cargin?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Corkey22 on September 22, 2013, 09:37:45 PM
I heard 2 St Galls men got straight reds at Kilmacuds on Sat, (if true) will that mean suspensions for the final vs Cargin?

If they did get red cards then they won't be playing, Kilmacud is a proper tournament recognised by Croke, madness!!

Cargin were a great price at 4/1 early on, be a good bet now at 9/4 and out of Casement, they are a shoe in

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 22, 2013, 10:04:08 PM

If they did get red cards then they won't be playing, Kilmacud is a proper tournament recognised by Croke, madness!!

Cargin were a great price at 4/1 early on, be a good bet now at 9/4 and out of Casement, they are a shoe in

Nonsense. Yo're strong favourites and you know it -two men down or not.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 22, 2013, 10:10:13 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 22, 2013, 10:04:08 PM

Nonsense. Yo're strong favourites and you know it -two men down or not.

We'll have 15 men on the pitch, but possibly not the first 15 of the managers choice but sure dynasties have to fall sometime ;)

imtommygunn

Ha. They do and will. Not fr a few years i suspect though!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 22, 2013, 10:30:51 PM
Ha. They do and will. Not fr a few years i suspect though!

I hope we go on to win a hell of a lot more if truth be told, Alfie Hannaway passed away yesterday, his son Alfie junior has played most games this year and this would have been a great moment for him to watch his young lad come out on to the pitch on Sat. Alfie senior has looked after a lot of those lads and I'm sure the boys will have him in their thoughts come throw in.

The funeral will be on Wed and after that we as a club will refocus for the final

imtommygunn

Sounded like quite a shock the whole thing mr. Didn't know the man but had heard of him. Rip.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 22, 2013, 11:12:17 PM
Sounded like quite a shock the whole thing mr. Didn't know the man but had heard of him. Rip.

Aye very sudden. had been getting better from heart surgery and total unrealted blood clot in brain caused his untimely death at 61.

jdyok

Sorry to hear about Alfie, a quiet and unassuming man who worked away without any fuss, RIP...

Hoof Hearted

Saturday 28th September 2013

Kennedy Centre Division 1FL

2 00 PM St John's GAC --- --- Lamh Dhearg Corrigan Park     Round 18   
2 00 PM St Brigids GAC --- --- O`Donovan Rossa GAC Musgrave Park     Round 18   
2 00 PM Clan na hEireann Carragan --- --- St Ergnat's Moneyglass Erin's Own Cargin     Round 18   
2 00 PM Naomh Gall --- --- Naomh Seamas Naomh Gall     Round 18   
2 00 PM Ciceam an Creagán --- --- Naomh Pól CLG /St Pauls GAC Creggan Kickhams     Round 18   

going to be tight to get to ahoghill for 3.00
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012