Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fra1971 on September 11, 2013, 09:38:58 AM
hearing reports of Aggies trying to get their JFC Semi final replay played on a Saturday as they know Davitts have 3 irish league players in their midst. Not exactly in the spirit of the game but more a win at any cost mentality.

also hear a few men from Milltown arent happy about the venue for the SGC either. At least 1 of whom is no stranger to a bit of gurning.

Won't make a difference where the game is played, two best teams again in the final, should be a cracker
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fra1971

It cant be any worse than Saturdays snooze-a-thon thats for sure.

from a neutrals point of view St Galls are hot favourites which makes me think it will be an open game because Cargin will have to give it a lash.

Gizzy15

hearing reports of Aggies trying to get their JFC Semi final replay played on a Saturday as they know Davitts have 3 irish league players in their midst. Not exactly in the spirit of the game but more a win at any cost mentality.

also hear a few men from Milltown arent happy about the venue for the SGC either. At least 1 of whom is no stranger to a bit of gurning.

Think you might find slightly more to this. Aggies actually have players involved in the minor hurling final this sunday, which was the first date muted. too dark during the week so your into next weekend, all Ireland football on on sunday so Saturday it has to be. or do we ask a team to play without people involved in another gaa code over those involved with a soccer club. a soccer fixture should never come into it when fixing dates for our games esp semi finals.

Fra1971

Not sure of the ins and outs of it Gizzy but know theres a lot of finger pointing going on. Which suits me as it will add to the excitement of what already is a tasty looking replay. The 1st game was a classic JFC game.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Fra1971 on September 11, 2013, 11:21:16 AM
The 1st game was a classic JFC game.

An oxymoron if ever there was one ;D

After two semi finalists only scoring 2 points we can only hope for better in the football final. Hopefully it'll be a tight game. Cargin could have a good FF line so I hope they use them and don't go too defensive.

Gizzy15

Quote from: Fra1971 on September 11, 2013, 11:21:16 AM
Not sure of the ins and outs of it Gizzy but know theres a lot of finger pointing going on. Which suits me as it will add to the excitement of what already is a tasty looking replay. The 1st game was a classic JFC game.

Havent seen to much on here about the refix but the Hogan stand forum is that bad with them you need earplugs just to read it. lot of yapping over it, sure as one davits man told me yesterday, they could be missing 10 in the next game and still walk it as the last game was a one off. this may very well be the case, just cant understand the clammer over the refix. btw first game was a guddon

DearyMe

Fra, if youve seen anything of Cargin this year, you cant possibly have St.Galls strong favourites! Especially after the league result in Toome!
Last weekends results stopped everyone in their tracks!  Dirty aul weekend afternoon in hog hill will be anything but a cracker!
But it is defo St.GALLS to lose - Cargin never seem to have the smooths for it!!!
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

Fra1971

Deary Me is an apt name when you come out with statements like that - go through the past 10 years league results and you will see Cargin probably beat St Galls 16 times in the 20 meetings. St Galls couldnt care less how they fare in league meetings.

Fra1971

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 21, 2013, 10:18:32 AM

Quote from: Walter Cronc on August 21, 2013, 10:14:24 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 21, 2013, 10:09:12 AM
Was doing the line at the Rossa Johnnies game last night, cracking game, thought Rossa were going to run away with it but managed to stop playing at the start of the second half to let the Johnnies back in.

Rossa will be kicking themselves, they managed to get in front near the death but allowed the Johnnies back with leaving things wide open. Won't be too many complaints from Hardstation, I'd a few of those Rossa lads will have a great future in an Antrim shirt

Bump

Do the Johnnies have many back from last year MR2?? Who do they meet in the final?

They will play st Enda's another decent team that's had a bitta success lately. From last years team young McCurdy and Johnston. I'm sure the centre half back Donal played big lad not a cultured footballer by any means but I'd say they are not as good as last years team.

Yous will hardly be going for 3 in a row up there will ya's?

CitySlicker11

What are the thoughts on the final being fixed the same day as the All Ireland hurling replay. Or do the football contingent not mind?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on September 15, 2013, 01:05:58 PM
What are the thoughts on the final being fixed the same day as the All Ireland hurling replay. Or do the football contingent not mind?

Annoyed big time, as I'd missed the first final due to something I'd committed to earlier on in the year so was looking to get to the replay.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gizzy15

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 11, 2013, 09:42:49 AM

Won't make a difference where the game is played, two best teams again in the final, should be a cracker

Don't worry fra, match put back now to after 5 to allow for the soccer men. After a lot of whining CCC have give in to our ground Gaelic crowd and changed the time of their championship semi final to suit them. They never cease to amaze me, CCC = J O K E

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: Gizzy15 on September 17, 2013, 08:30:57 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 11, 2013, 09:42:49 AM

Don't worry fra, match put back now to after 5 to allow for the soccer men. After a lot of whining CCC have give in to our ground Gaelic crowd and changed the time of their championship semi final to suit them. They never cease to amaze me, CCC = J O K E

Pity they didn't tell me..........had to find out for myself & then check it out. Communications in Antrim same as they ever were - shit.

Hoof Hearted

when and where is the Intermediate final ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

culchie11

Heard both junior and intermediate finals are to be played at lamh dhearg!

A doubleheader, think they are sun 6th October!

Heard also toland is ref for senior football final, in my opinion he deserves it too!