Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manballandall

So we are playing attacking football and can only score 9 points. What would you expect us to score if we play defensive, 5 maybe 6?. How many games would that win you?. It might stop the opposition scoring as much but won't help our scoring average. You're right though, its all about the hand that dawson was dealt. Not his fault some of the best players in the county aren't available. Look at any other county in ireland and the vast majority of their best players are available, playing and committed. If they weren't then they too would struggle. Unfortunately that is the situation antrim finds itself in. There are players playing for the county that I, and I stress I, wouldn't pick on my club team.

manballandall

That is a question that only they can answer. And I never mentioned any clubs or players. Think that applies to more than just one club, no?

manballandall

I never said anything about those players being able to play for the county though. A difference indeed HS. Again just my opinion, to which you don't agree?

manballandall

Pointless. Just stating the fact that its not dawsons fault or anyone elses. Its the hand he was dealt and we are doing as best we can. Apologies to the righteous HS. 

Simon Says

horrendous performance. I have absolutely no idea why FD only had one st galls player on the pitch, they have dominated antrim football for over a decade and been a force in ulster also. some of the players need to take a long hard look at themselves and FD needs to open his eyes and realise 3/4 of that team arent good enough to put the jersey on. Baker had a system in place that played to our strengths, we could have been a bit more attacking but we smothered teams out of it and had big strong men to tackle and get the ball to the runners loughrey, mc cann, scullion, gallagher. Paying in week after week to see that garbage isnt acceptable, he needs to clear out the dead wood. If he is a st galls club man, why hasnt he approached the mc gourtys, kelly, o neill, burke, brady, gallagher, stewart?

yesterdays performance was shocking, up there with the old div 4 days of getting beat by waterford, clare and so on. Not Good enough!!!!!

manballandall

In fairness simon I think you'll find that all galls men that dawson wanted were asked. Not dawsons fault, as said previous he can only play with those who can commit. We are what we are

brendanbelfast

Simon, I think its common knowledge that most of the player you name ruled themselves out, not the other way around. Certainly Gallagher, Sean Kelly and CJ declared themselves not available. What is the manager supposed to do about that?

DennistheMenace

Why are they not not available or why have they not made themselves available?

Is there a club v county issue here?

Not from antrim so don't know if there is any internal politics.

Jeepers Creepers

Is it just me or as this issue already been discussed once, twice or possibly more?

Simon Says

The team to get the win this sunday and keep us in Division 3.

Chris Kerr
Kevin O'Boyle
Andy mc clean if fit / if not Marty Johnston
Ricky Johnston
Tony Scullion
Marty Johnston if mc clean is fit. if not Anto healey
Justin Crozier
Sean Mc Veigh
Brendan Herron
Conor Murray
Kevin Niblock
Tomas Mc Cann
Paddy Cunningham
Michael Pollock
Conall kelly

From what ive seen and the players we have available this is the strongest team we can field. We have nothing to lose and just have to go for it.

stibhan

Quote from: Buswhacker on December 11, 2012, 01:10:28 PM
We'll see how good he is.Bet you he won't even make the Cork panel.Heard all these stories before about players  "who could grace any team in Ireland" but when they move they never are heard from again .

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

glens abu

No great surprise,good enough to grace any County team