Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AQMP

Just to confirm the team for Sunday (the two Johnstons re-join the panel)

1.  John Finucane (Lamh Dhearg)

2.  Kevin O'Boyle (Cargin)
3.  Andy McClean (St Gall's)
4.  Sean Finch (O'Donovan Rossa)

5.  Tony Scullion (Cargin)
6.  Justin Crozier (Cargin)
7.  Anto Healy (St Gall's)

8.  Liam Carland (St Paul's)
9.  Sean McVeigh (Ballymena)

10.  Conor Murray (Lamh Dhearg)
11.  Kevin Niblock (St Gall's)
12.  Brendan Herron (Lamh Dhearg)

13.  Paddy Cunningham (Lamh Dhearg)
14.  Conal Kelly (St John's)
15.  Tomas McCann (Cargin)

16.  Chris Kerr (St Gall's)
17.  Michael Herron (Lamh Dhearg)
18.  James Laverty (Cargin)
19.  Ricky Johnston (Creggan)
20.  Martin Johnston (Creggan)
21.  John Carron (Cargin)
22.  Paddy Kelly (Portglenone)
23.  Michael Pollock (St Gall's)
24.  Dermot McCann (Creggan)
25.  Ryan Murray (Lamh Dhearg)
26.  Peter McNicholl (Ballymena)

Simon Says

a very strong bench at our disposal also, if ricky johnson went into corner back for finch, that would be our strongest backline available. did niblock not tear his calf? risk or panic on dawsons behalf, good to have him back. The team has more balance about it now, still a few grey areas which i hope arent found out on sunday.

bannside

Definitely a solid look to the team. We know what Ricky can do at corner back, though Marty definitely will be a bit more forward with U-21 training and a few matches under his belt. Both will be good additions and will increase competitiveness for first fifteen jerseys. In the meantime another chance for Sean Finch to show us what he can do.

Its a big game and a win here can completely kick start our season again, and allow the management to concentrate on tidying a few things up and getting geared for the championship. Its a 50/50 game so lets get behind our team from the start.

Simon Says

anyone hear when the game is fixed for?

AQMP

Quote from: Simon Says on March 25, 2013, 10:45:26 AM

Football 1:15pm Sunday, with Offaly hurling match to follow at 3pm

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AQMP on March 25, 2013, 03:41:03 PM
Quote from: Simon Says on March 25, 2013, 10:45:26 AM

Football 1:15pm Sunday, with Offaly hurling match to follow at 3pm

And some club fixtures at that time FFS!! I'll miss the game at Casement
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Simon Says

anyone else fearing the absolute worst this weekend?

brendanbelfast

No. For some undefinable reason I am feeling quite good about this weekend, I think we will win both games.

imtommygunn

I have a funny feeling we'll win the football though don't think we'll win the hurling.

That is with my optimistic "absolutely no way can we as bad as the roscommon" hat on!

AQMP

Latest Meath 1-14 Antrim 0-6.  Antrim down to 14 and probably Div 4

AQMP

FT Antrim 0-11 Meath 1-19.  We need a resurrection!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 27, 2013, 10:23:51 PM
I have a funny feeling we'll win the football though don't think we'll win the hurling.

That is with my optimistic "absolutely no way can we as bad as the roscommon" hat on!
You may throw that hat into the back of the fire!

optimus cheese

Piss poor again. We are going backwards at a rate of knots. Too far into the season to radically change the panel. Could well get slaughtered in Clones next week, relegated, then have to face them in Championship. Depressing enough when you think about it. At a very low ebb. Hopefully can turn it around, don't see how though 

seafoid

Quote from: hardstation on March 31, 2013, 08:10:13 PM
First football game I've seen since the Cavan game (where we were poor but grabbed the game by the balls and got over the line).

There are no words......I have no hope........We are in an awful place.
Maybe youse will get Galway again in the qualifiers in july . Chin up.

Rawhide

Have been reading this thread especially the discussion re the teams performance under Baker and its performance under Dawson. No doubt that Dawon is down a lot of decent players, but for me another big difference is that Dawson tries to play attacking football, all his teams have over the years, Baker made Antrim play very defensive football, the reason was due to recognising you have very poor forward power, so he went and packed the defense and contained the opposition trying to keep the game tight and low scoring. In summary Dawson needs to go defensive and play the cards he has been dealt.
cccc is a true supporter lol