Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

Picking up some very disturbing vibes that John Rafferty is NOT actually part of Frank Dawsons backroom team. Can anyone clarify whether or not this is true? Hope I am wrong on this, but my contacts seem fairly certain of this!

CitySlicker11

No idea on this one, however, should the interview process not be run again as i'm sure the backroom teams of each potential manager were also considered.

bannside

Maybe best to wait and see what way this plays out CS - esp whether or not JR is involved in Dawsons backroom team. Best not to jump to conclusions just yet until all info is in the public domain.

If Rafferty is not onboard then FD will need to come up with a big name or two fairly quickly. Nothing but a good word to say about Frank Dawson, but inter - county management is no longer about one or two people. Its a whole management team. Look at Derrys for example.

The players will deserve, and expect nothing less!

stibhan

RE: the colour clash, what are the rules regarding finals and this? A coin toss?

Both teams probably didn't want to spend an extra £500 on jerseys that they'd never see again.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: stibhan on October 08, 2012, 12:52:10 PM
RE: the colour clash, what are the rules regarding finals and this? A coin toss?

Both teams probably didn't want to spend an extra £500 on jerseys that they'd never see again.

I'd say most teams have an away rig, the referee in the semi final when Sarsfieds played was wearing a retro Antrim top, I was thinking his top had clashed with their tops!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

DearyMe

Quote from: bannside on October 08, 2012, 09:31:28 AM
Picking up some very disturbing vibes that John Rafferty is NOT actually part of Frank Dawsons backroom team. Can anyone clarify whether or not this is true? Hope I am wrong on this, but my contacts seem fairly certain of this!
Once again the Irish News was at their lark with that one!
Frank Dawson never once mentioned Rafferty in the paper!
For what its worth, i would be very surprised if Rafferty is involved - my money is on a certain very recent FORMER club manager from Down, who will come into support Dawson!!!££££!!!

Ofcourse we will just have to wait and find out the finer details after tonights meeting.
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

bannside

If John Rafferty is not part of Franks backroom team then that is disappointing to say the least. The St Galls team of 05/06 was the best prepared team I have seen coming out of Antrim for a long time. Their performance in Portlaoise was outstanding. Nemo Rangers didnt score from play until about the 40th minute if I recall, but the all round play of St Galls that day was unbelievable.

Got to have some faith in Frank Dawson being able to produce a really credible backroom team, and county officers to ensure all thats in place as a standard basic requirement. As I said before, the players will have high expectations, and rightly so.

aontroim

Someone who reports for the Andytown News sports dept tweeted that the backroom team might be Cathal Murray (Down) and Kevin Murray (Lámh Dhearg)

DearyMe

Quote from: aontroim on October 08, 2012, 03:41:28 PM
Someone who reports for the Andytown News sports dept tweeted that the backroom team might be Cathal Murray (Down) and Kevin Murray (Lámh Dhearg)

That would support my comment - might not cheap, all this!!!
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

bannside

Cheap shouldnt enter the equation Deary Me. It takes a certain amount to prepare a team with any kind of aspiration to be a force in Ulster football. That includes, as a minimum requirement a management team of at least three plus a recognised strength/conditioning coach, some kind of statistician/video analyst and some kind of sports psychologist linked to the programme.

Our budget for this, as bottom line essential stuff, should be ring fenced and set aside if we plan to go anywhere!

Orior

Congrats to the Ladies. Anyone with a link to what clubs they are all from?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Orior on October 08, 2012, 08:46:39 PM
Congrats to the Ladies. Anyone with a link to what clubs they are all from?

especially their midfielder - Geraldine McGinley (McCann) from Cargin. Her husband Enda lifted the Tyrone cship for Errigal two hours later ! Not a bad day ! Not sure of all the clubs. I know the celebrations last night went on about a mile around the road from me, if only i was 15 years younger !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

aontroim

Quote from: aontroim on October 08, 2012, 03:41:28 PM

This was confirmed at the County meeting tonight. There is one more to be added to the backroom team from within the County.

bannside

Cathal Murray has an interesting CV that as a player has won Hogan Cups and Sigersons as well as all-ireland medals with Down. He has two Hogans now too as a coach. Should definitely know his way around a football team.

Kevin Murray well thought of too as a coach at QUB. One more to be added by the look of things. I believe big Frank and co can take us up another notch or two. They will need the support of the whole county, so lets get behind them now.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on October 09, 2012, 10:18:58 AM
Quote from: bannside on October 09, 2012, 08:29:25 AM
Cathal Murray has an interesting CV that as a player has won Hogan Cups and Sigersons as well as all-ireland medals with Down. He has two Hogans now too as a coach. Should definitely know his way around a football team.
Kevin Murray well thought of too as a coach at QUB. One more to be added by the look of things. I believe big Frank and co can take us up another notch or two. They will need the support of the whole county, so lets get behind them now.
What did St. Pauls make of him? I remember watching a championship match in Casement between them and St Johns (I think) and I have to say the St Pauls men hadn't many good things to say about Cathal after it.

You can only work with the tools you are given
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea