Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: bannside on October 04, 2012, 08:24:20 PM
Some atmosphere at the Kilrea v Loup  QF game under lights at Bellaghy Hoof. Guess there were 5 or 6 thousand there. Great venue tbh. Will head up to Celtic Park anyway and shout for the Pearses.

When does the work start at Casement Minder. Surely it will be out of action before then!

good atmosphere that night alright. Doesnt even have to be under lights now. last weeks game had to be sat night cause of hurling final replay on sun afternoon. no reason why this weeks game couldnt be sat or sun afternoon in either

screen
glen
bellaghy
lavey
swatragh
greenlough
mfelt
glenullin

all good venues with minimal travelling for both teams,spectators and neutrals like me and you
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

DearyMe

Irish News at its lark again!!!
;D
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 29, 2012, 01:35:42 PM
With Burren out of the Down Championship I hear a certain Galls man my put his name into the hat

I think I may be right about this after all. You heard it hear first!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

aontroim

County Meeting on Monday night coming - obviously to announce who they want ratified as Football Manager.

Jeepers Creepers

Dawsy announced as new football manager tonight.

bannside

Well done to Jim Murray and the management committee.

On all known public information the Dawson/Rafferty combo was standout. Between them they have managed many clubs, and won many county senior titles (at least 4 but possibly more). Sincere congratulations to them both and hopefully its the start of something really good.

Personally I think its a great appointment. Lets all get right behind Big Frank and John Raff to make this work.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on October 06, 2012, 11:29:45 AM
Well done to Jim Murray and the management committee.

On all known public information the Dawson/Rafferty combo was standout. Between them they have managed many clubs, and won many county senior titles (at least 4 but possibly more). Sincere congratulations to them both and hopefully its the start of something really good.

Personally I think its a great appointment. Lets all get right behind Big Frank and John Raff to make this work.

Yeah a serious combination to be fair, having seen John manage at first hand it's brilliant and his training is top draw, he comands respect very quickly and is as fair as they come. Frank has a wealth of knowledge from school/club/intercounty and IF IF IF the players buy into it they will be in contention for most games.

Will maybe start following Antrim on the away games who knows
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gold

Ardoyne beat Glenravel 2-4 to 0-9 in Junior (Div 3) Championship Final

What about the clubs in Divs 4, 5 and 6??

Is there no championship for them--how can they compete with Div3 teams?

Senior should be Div 1 and 2, Intermediate 3 and 4 and Junior 5 and 6
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

aontroim

There are 4 'first' teams in total in Div 5/6 combined... hardly makes for much of a Junior championship!

Gold

Quote from: aontroim on October 06, 2012, 07:31:36 PM
There are 4 'first' teams in total in Div 5/6 combined... hardly makes for much of a Junior championship!

But Mitchells, Pearses, Ballycastle and Pats Lisburn would love it!

Maybe throw in Div 4 too and you'd get Aggies(altho now promoted to Div 3 for nxt year) and Eire Og but Div 3 is a step too far for Junior
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Sportacus

Thought it was the champions league I was watching, Ardoyne did that much rolling around. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sportacus on October 06, 2012, 09:13:07 PM
Thought it was the champions league I was watching, Ardoyne did that much rolling around.

Soccer season started ya see, fair few pints in the Ardoyne club last night/today I'd say

Don Johnson

Could someone not have told one of the teams in the Intermediate final yesterday to wear a different colour?

Atticus_Finch

The main man that runs the aghagallon club is in France. I doubt he'll be happy that no one had the foresight to detect the colour clash.

But he'll be back in time for the replay and I have no doubt his return will inspire the aghagallon lads to victory !
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

bannside

The Aghagallon player with eyes on the ball is Davy Mc Alernon. Now he has had a full year back playing he could be an important county player in the next year or two. Class act/always was!