Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winker3716

Quote from: outinfront on August 12, 2012, 10:21:26 AM
Was at the game too.  After the keeper put them level in the second half (which made it interesting) St Galls decided they wanted to play a bit and immediately re-took the lead.  Lamhs never looked like getting close to winning after that.
Ah sure, it's only Antrim.  Lets see how they get on against the Cross men, a different story.
My Philosophy on self preservation - "pull on him before he pulls on you, and pull early"

Milltown Row2

We'd  never beat Cross. But you can only try, Lamhs wont be trying, thats for sure
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Worker

Was at the galls game myself, thought the ref bottled it by not showing Stewart a 2nd yellow for a deliberate trip with 7/8mins left.

Kevin mcgourty done well when he appeared, 2 great blocks and a fine point.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: The Worker on August 12, 2012, 11:11:40 PM
Was at the galls game myself, thought the ref bottled it by not showing Stewart a 2nd yellow for a deliberate trip with 7/8mins left.

Did the referee bottled it when Karl was hit off the ball?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

chocoholic

I didnt see Karl getting hit off the ball but he should have been given a second yellow. Who do St Galls get in the next round then?

Glensman

Quote from: chocoholic on August 13, 2012, 10:11:32 AM
I didnt see Karl getting hit off the ball but he should have been given a second yellow. Who do St Galls get in the next round then?

St Galls play Creggan next weekend.

http://www.antrimgaa.net/uploads/newsimages/Antrim%20Championship%20Dates.pdf

Any idea when they release the actual venues/times of these matches if they are this coming weekend? Tonight?

aontroim

Hot off the press....

Friday 17th August

JFC - St Agnes v Con Magees 7.00pm Casement Park
SFC - St Brigids v Ahoghill 8.30pm Casement Park

JFC - St Malachys v St Pats 7.15pm St Teresas

JFC - Ardoyne v Mc Dermotts 7.15pm Hightown

Saturday 18th August

JFC - Eire Og v Ballycastle 6.00pm Rossa

IFC - Sarsfields v St Teresas 6.00pm Hannahstown

IFC - Aldergrove v St Endas 7.00pm Whitehill

IFC - Aghagallon v Gortnamona 7.00pm Glenavy

Sunday 19th August

IFC - Glenavy v Tir Na nOg 1.00pm Ahoghill
SFC - Cargin v Rasharkin 2.45pm Ahoghill

SFC - Rossa v St Johns 5.00pm Casement Park
SFC - St Galls v Creggan 6.45pm Casement Park

Glensman

Quote from: aontroim on August 13, 2012, 12:51:47 PM
Hot off the press....

Friday 17th August

JFC - St Agnes v Con Magees 7.00pm Casement Park
SFC - St Brigids v Ahoghill 8.30pm Casement Park

JFC - St Malachys v St Pats 7.15pm St Teresas

JFC - Ardoyne v Mc Dermotts 7.15pm Hightown

Saturday 18th August

JFC - Eire Og v Ballycastle 6.00pm Rossa

IFC - Sarsfields v St Teresas 6.00pm Hannahstown

IFC - Aldergrove v St Endas 7.00pm Whitehill

IFC - Aghagallon v Gortnamona 7.00pm Glenavy

Sunday 19th August

IFC - Glenavy v Tir Na nOg 1.00pm Ahoghill
SFC - Cargin v Rasharkin 2.45pm Ahoghill

SFC - Rossa v St Johns 5.00pm Casement Park
SFC - St Galls v Creggan 6.45pm Casement Park

Nice work - cheers.
Where you see these? Are following rounds for the hurling out as well?

Good double header Sunday early evening...certainly worth a look!

aontroim

Sent to clubs this morning - haven't heard any more about hurling fixtures other than they are first weekend in Sept.

Minder

Quote from: aontroim on August 13, 2012, 01:32:07 PM
Sent to clubs this morning - haven't heard any more about hurling fixtures other than they are first weekend in Sept.

St Johns v Lamh Dhearg - Casement - 31 August 7.30pm

Loughgiel v Glenariffe - Armoy - 1st September 7pm

St Galls v Cushendall - Casement - 2nd September 2.30pm

Dunloy v Ballycastle - Loughgiel - 2nd September 6pm

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Glensman

Quote from: Minder on August 13, 2012, 01:43:06 PM
Quote from: aontroim on August 13, 2012, 01:32:07 PM

St Johns v Lamh Dhearg - Casement - 31 August 7.30pm

Loughgiel v Glenariffe - Armoy - 1st September 7pm

St Galls v Cushendall - Casement - 2nd September 2.30pm

Dunloy v Ballycastle - Loughgiel - 2nd September 6pm

Cheers Minder - those fixtures have been on the website for a while. Was thinking more along the Junior championships etc. Assume some of the junior/intermediate fixtures will be tacked on to those as double headers??

The Worker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 13, 2012, 09:53:23 AM
Quote from: The Worker on August 12, 2012, 11:11:40 PM

Did the referee bottled it when Karl was hit off the ball?

No, the ref booked both players on advice of the linesman.

Both players were at it in fairness.

You need to take them tinted glasses off sometimes.

Milltown Row2

Dont wear glasses. As a ref myself I prefer to yellow/red card the player who starts it. That being the case, it should prevent players in carrying out 'handbags' in the first place. The line, they were both at it is daft. Someone always starts it ffs

manballandall

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 13, 2012, 10:57:49 PM
Dont wear glasses. As a ref myself I prefer to yellow/red card the player who starts it. That being the case, it should prevent players in carrying out 'handbags' in the first place. The line, they were both at it is daft. Someone always starts it ffs
You have been spotted wearing dark shades many a time, even when the rain is p@ssing down.  :-[

So is it not true Worker that Lambs were lucky not to be awarded a red or two themselves ? Did the ref bottle those decisions too  ? Who is wearing the tinted glasses ?
Game is over, game is won...creggan will be aiming to cause an upset this weekend and with us not playing up to our expected standards anything can happen. As for cross...a long way off and expect Pearse Ogs to give them a scare this year. All to play for still....well not for lambs ;)

The Worker

Quote from: manballandall on August 14, 2012, 01:37:58 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 13, 2012, 10:57:49 PM
You have been spotted wearing dark shades many a time, even when the rain is p@ssing down.  :-[

So is it not true Worker that Lambs were lucky not to be awarded a red or two themselves ? Did the ref bottle those decisions too  ? Who is wearing the tinted glasses ?
Game is over, game is won...creggan will be aiming to cause an upset this weekend and with us not playing up to our expected standards anything can happen. As for cross...a long way off and expect Pearse Ogs to give them a scare this year. All to play for still....well not for lambs ;)

Apart from the Stewart incident, I can't think of any other which warranted a sending off (admittedly I left before the skirmish in added time).

If anything I thought the st galls where quite cynical at times, and the ref was shy on showing a yellow on a few occasions.

Just to clarify, I have no affinity to the lamhs, if anything I was behind st galls on Saturday night.

Just giving my account of what I saw on the night.