Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

optimus cheese

Obviously would have preferred to play this at home but it's not a bad draw. We won down there by a goal in the league so will take some confidence from that. If we play to our potential and treat Tipp with the same respect we gave Galway then we are good enough to prevail.

AQMP

Saturday 21st July - Semple Stadium

Tipperary v. Antrim  3:00pm

Hi folks here is a we 2 mins video we would like you to see.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03nOo-CDoRI&feature=share

saffron sam2

Quote from: AQMP on July 16, 2012, 05:48:28 PM

Sounds like a hurling fixture.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Tony Baloney

Quote from: saffron sam2 on July 17, 2012, 11:00:22 PM
Quote from: AQMP on July 16, 2012, 05:48:28 PM

Sounds like a hurling fixture.
The score will be a lot closer on Saturday.

optimus cheese

Any busses going on Saturday? One I was meant to go on fell through

the colonel

the difference between success and failure is energy

optimus cheese

Yeah considering Doot got injured early on Saturday and Gallagher came on and played a blinder it's a huge blow. Doubt Kelly will be back so what do we have left for midfield? Gallagher supposed to be our captain too, bravo

the colonel

Quote from: optimus cheese on July 19, 2012, 09:31:19 AM
Yeah considering Doot got injured early on Saturday and Gallagher came on and played a blinder it's a huge blow. Doubt Kelly will be back so what do we have left for midfield? Gallagher supposed to be our captain too, bravo

I wouldn't go into criticising players decisions without knowing the background behind it, it may not be straight forward. And with the kind of fella that Aodhan is I wouldn't be judging his character one bit
the difference between success and failure is energy

manballandall

Aodhan is one of the most genuine and committed people I have ever came across and if he has withdrew at this stage then it must be for a very good reason.

Baker doesnt like Galls men though...FACT

bannside

Agree totally with last two posts. Aodhan top  lad, so it wont be a decision taken lightly.

You dont commit what Aodhan did over so many years to make a call like this without what he feels is a good reason. Posters advised not to jump in head first on this one.

imtommygunn

That's not good. Real pity as he was very good and I think swung the game a good bit for us saturday.

The guy definitely seems very genuine and commited.

screenexile

'Personal Problems'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/northern-ireland/18899538

Saffrons shock as captain Aodhan Gallagher quits panel

Antrim have suffered a major blow ahead of the All-Ireland qualifier against Tipperary after captain Aodhan Gallagher left the panel.

The midfielder said he was quitting because of "personal problems".

"Aodhan decided he had no option but to withdraw from the panel as he could not give the necessary committment," said Saffrons manager Liam Bradley.

Bradley added that it was "very doubtful" that Gallagher would return to the panel this season.

The Saffrons boss was reading from a statement which said that Gallagher told the Antrim management team of "personal problems that he was experiencing at present".

Gallagher's exit follows the departure from the panel of star forward Paddy Cunningham earlier this season.

Meanwhile, Conal Kelly will miss the Thurles qualifier after suffering a hamstring injury in the thrilling victory over Galway.

Bradley goes into the game with confidence, despite the absence of Gallagher.

"We work with a panel of 35 players and someone's loss is someone else's gain," he said.

"I've not doubt we will be victorious on Saturday although it is going to be tough.

"If we want to go further in this competition we should be beating teams of the calibre of Tipperary."

Don't know what you can read into that. Sometimes the personal problems thing can mean a rift with the manager or it can sometimes mean actual personal problems. I hope for Antrim's sake that either situation can be sorted out in a relatively short space of time! He's an excellent player who's given huge service to Antrim. Good luck to him.

Sportacus

That's a big disappointment but we have to respect the fella.  Kelly was also playing well before he came off last day.  Are Tipp strong in the middle?  I thought Antrim looked physically strong against Galway so it'd be a pity to lose a few big men.   I'm sure we'll see Gallagher back in the middle in the future.       

sheamy

Quote from: screenexile on July 19, 2012, 01:40:56 PM
"If we want to go further in this competition we should be beating teams of the calibre of Tipperary."

He'd need to deliver after a statement like that! Tipp are no push overs and I can imagine won't take that well...