Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

subterranean saffron

I see Loughrey made the starting team for Ulster -  Good to see a player, who IMO is heavily under-valued outside the county, get some recognition. Glad he is with us. Tomas made the bench also and with the way he has been playing it would be nice to see him get a run out, will do wonders for his confidence. Great achievement for them both.

Does anyone know who the last Antrim player was to get minutes with Ulster?

Gold

Quote from: subterranean saffron on February 15, 2012, 04:38:46 PM
I see Loughrey made the starting team for Ulster -  Good to see a player, who IMO is heavily under-valued outside the county, get some recognition. Glad he is with us. Tomas made the bench also and with the way he has been playing it would be nice to see him get a run out, will do wonders for his confidence. Great achievement for them both.

Last player was Brady i think, came on as sub in Enniskillen about 04 i think

Did Madden ever play?

Good luck to Loughrey and Tomas. Both outstanding
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

AQMP

Quote from: Gold on February 15, 2012, 06:33:58 PM
Quote from: subterranean saffron on February 15, 2012, 04:38:46 PM

Last player was Brady i think, came on as sub in Enniskillen about 04 i think

Did Madden ever play?

Good luck to Loughrey and Tomas. Both outstanding

I seem to remember Madden certainly being in a couple of squads around 2000/2001??

imtommygunn

When was the last railway cup played?

I'm pretty sure Loughrey has been involved before. Possibly as a sub mind.

stibhan

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 16, 2012, 10:41:37 AM
When was the last railway cup played?

I'm pretty sure Loughrey has been involved before. Possibly as a sub mind.

No, he hasn't.

imtommygunn

There's definitely been more recent than 04. We got to the ulster final a year it was on so bound to have been someone then. It was on in 2009. If not Loughrey then Michael McCann. I have, vague, recollections of some of those boys in and around that time.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Rossa on October 08, 2009, 12:29:05 AM
First game of the year for Ulster tonight. Team - Packie McConnell in goals, Brendan Donaghy, Justy McMahon & Gerard O'Kane in full back line. Aaron Kernan, Ciaran McKeever & Davy Harte at half back, Hub Hughes & Mick McCann in midfield, Enda McGinley, Benny Coulter, Joe McMahon in half forwards with  Paddy Bradley, Michael Murphy & Eoin Bradley up front. Joe McMahon replaced by Danny Hughes of  Down who looked very sharp. Close enough first half with Ulster pulling away in last 15 minutesof second half. Kernan, Coulter & Hughes the pick of the bunch tonight. Andy Mallon played very well for Pearse Ogs

McCann involved 2009.

Milltown Row2

Our lads have been asked but due to club commitments around that time of year we usually lose out.

Think we may have had players back in the early 80's either asked or played not sure will have to check
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AQMP

Rasharkin Gael

Another fantastic performance from Andrew McLean for UUJ in the Sigerson against NUIG. He is playing the best football of his career at the moment as full back.

Rasharkin Gael

Any noises coming out of St Galls yet as to new management?

Milltown Row2

Interviews this week. 4 in for it. no names to tell ya yet
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Great to hear Andy is fit and well. Never has one player had so much injury. He has a tag as a full back, but a grand player out the field a bit too.

Mind you he must be some student at this stage - 26/27 years old at least!

Twas a mere 18 year old cub when I donned the navy/sky blue. A certain Sean Smyth was the manager then - years ahead of his time.

Rasharkin Gael

Sean smith was a fantastic coach, even though he could never remember any players name!! I remember him referring to everyone by their number, but when he spoke you listened, a world of gaa knowledge.

Rasharkin Gael

O'cahan cup kicks off on Sunday week. Very early start to the season this year, I can see a few of the first round games falling foul of the weather unless it improves this week. St endas compete in this and all the s.w. Antrim underage competitions, anyone know why?