Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicsponge

That's disgraceful, they disgraced their club and the GAA. Fair play to Lamh Dhearg for helping. Those thugs should really be facing jailtime.

Best of luck to Ray, hope he gets better quickly and I wouldn't be surprised if he never refereed another game in his life, and I wouldn't blame him.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Magicsponge on October 30, 2011, 11:35:41 AM
That's disgraceful, they disgraced their club and the GAA. Fair play to Lamh Dhearg for helping. Those thugs should really be facing jailtime.

Best of luck to Ray, hope he gets better quickly and I wouldn't be surprised if he never refereed another game in his life, and I wouldn't blame him.

Yeah, there will no doubt be a lot of bad press about this but if ya get on like expect no friends or any sympathy .

I hope Ray doesn't pack it in, be one less referee i can call a gobshite during the match and manage to get a smile from ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gold

Scumbags.

Absolute tramps.

Shit boggy pitch at Rasharkin and always a dirty dig to the back of the head to welcome you
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Antrim2011

Theres always 2 sides to a story,

There was a row on the pitch, between rasharkin and lahm dhearg and how come can you send off 3 rasharkin players and no lahm dhearg

takeyourpoint

Antrim 2011 you haven't a clue what your talking about.What happened in Ballymena was an absolute disgrace not just to the Gaa but to society in general.The word savages doesn't go even close to describing the actions of Rasharkin supporters yesterday.I sincerely hope the ccc take draconian measures against those animals.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Antrim2011 on October 30, 2011, 06:48:15 PM
Theres always 2 sides to a story,

There was a row on the pitch, between rasharkin and lahm dhearg and how come can you send off 3 rasharkin players and no lahm dhearg

So are you saying it was justified? You twat
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Joxer_man

Heard about this today, absolute disgrace and has truly angered me. Rasharkin were always a club capable of these actions IMO and was just a matter of a time and a place. Unjustifiable.

The repercussions need to be handed out in full force and is hopefully something the county board will authoritise.

Whatever happens on the pitch, even if you think the referee is being unjust, can never come down to this as it against the morale of the sport which is based on volunteering, togetherness and strong parish and community ethos.

Radda bout yeee

Is Gregory Walsh of Aghagallon the best you have to offer for ulster club games? He is CRAP!

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on October 31, 2011, 09:51:22 AM
Is Gregory Walsh of Aghagallon the best you have to offer for ulster club games? He is CRAP!
Theres alot of men in my club that what do porridge for him if they got their hands on him!
>:(
You obviously haven't read the last couple of pages on this page...cos if your club mates think like that then they are the same as the tramps from Rasharkin.

Magicsponge

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on October 31, 2011, 10:20:15 AM
Theres alot of men in my club that what do porridge for him if they got their hands on him!
You obviously haven't read the last couple of pages on this page...cos if your club mates think like that then they are the same as the tramps from Rasharkin.

Yeah, you posted that at the worst possible time

The Worker

bad taste  >:(

Radda bout yeee

Apologies - Never read any of this thread before. It was more a figure of speech than anything else but i have edited it now.

CentreHalfBack

Whens the South Antrim AGM?

I'll have to have a word with the old man and get him to put his name forward for the committee.

Means I wont have to pay into Casement ever again, will get to sit beside the big wigs in the stand and will get me on the county panel.  ;)
New season - new reason

Magicsponge

Quote from: LostInSpace on October 31, 2011, 01:20:27 PM
I was at the game, the referee boxed a young fella from Rasharkin.

Find that hard to believe. If he did then it must have been under serious provocation or maybe he was trying to protect himself, Rasharkin are a very hostile crowd and I can imagine the abuse RM took even during the match. I wasn't at the match and don't know what actually happened but find it hard to believe a referee would punch a player without a good reason.

Applesisapples

Ray Mathews is not the type, so I find it very hard to believe he struck anyone except possibly in self defence.