Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Bog Ash Camam on October 25, 2011, 07:57:23 PM
Milltown, why are you're boys objecting to the ref doing the game on Sunday against XMaglen?  Just seen it on BBC Twitter!!

Referees don't lose you games, they have judgements to make during the game and you as a player or fan can only hope that they are consistant in their decisions, be they good or bad, that way the players can adopt their play to how he officiates the game.

I was more annoyed last year at how the lines men/umpires  were not more observant to the shenanigans that were going on. I don't blame Cross in fairness, they play on the edge and if they aren't pulled for it then the players should have just got on with it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

DearyMe

Its all gamesmanship MR2 and you know it! 
McQuillan will probably be annoyed, but he will think twice on Sunday, and maybe thats what galls want him to do.
Although it must be reminded that cross had two sent off last year, when he realised he had to even things up - and galls still didnt look like winning!!! ;D
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

Bog Ash Camam

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 25, 2011, 09:14:06 PM
Milltown, why are you're boys objecting to the ref doing the game on Sunday against XMaglen?  Just seen it on BBC Twitter!!

Referees don't lose you games, they have judgements to make during the game and you as a player or fan can only hope that they are consistant in their decisions, be they good or bad, that way the players can adopt their play to how he officiates the game.

I was more annoyed last year at how the lines men/umpires  were not more observant to the shenanigans that were going on. I don't blame Cross in fairness, they play on the edge and if they aren't pulled for it then the players should have just got on with it
Thanks Milltown, I was not aware of all that guff from last year.  Much appreciated!

I also see McGourty (Snr) I presume is giving the county guestbook a hard time for the refusal to host the Mageean Cup.   There is just no pleasing the McGourty's at all.  Sure it could only be a McGourty!!!!!!
Remember lads, "the Sliotar hurts just as much when you're looking at it"

DearyMe

Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

Magicsponge

So, are Rossa up or not? The moderator on the Antrim Guestbook seems to think its just a pile of rubbish from the internet.
On a similar note, I'd love to know what some people write on there that is censored with all the  ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
There's one on at the minute from AGohill that he seems to think was a ridiculous comment EDIT - looks like that comments been deleted

Bog Ash Camam

Quote from: DearyMe on October 27, 2011, 11:36:00 AM
something personal Bog?
Nah, not at all!  Just can't stand the da, he taught me in La Salle!!!! Absolute bo**ocks!
Remember lads, "the Sliotar hurts just as much when you're looking at it"

Applesisapples

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 25, 2011, 09:14:06 PM

From what I remember Gall's were playing on the same edge.

Milltown Row2

If you would have seen us play on regular bases or even ask our biggest rivals they will honestly tell you we don't employ those tactics, not in the make up of the majority of them. When it comes out it's always caught by the officials. Don't take my word for it., ask around
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

MR while you're not a dirty team at all you do a lot of tactical fouling.

In saying that it's just part of the modern game so you're adapting.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 28, 2011, 01:28:38 PM
If you would have seen us play on regular bases or even ask our biggest rivals they will honestly tell you we don't employ those tactics, not in the make up of the majority of them. When it comes out it's always caught by the officials. Don't take my word for it., ask around
I'm not saying that you do, just in that game both teams played on the edge...winners often do. Anyway good tactic to put pressure on McQuillan, no lover of Armagh teams to begin with.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 28, 2011, 01:50:40 PM
MR while you're not a dirty team at all you do a lot of tactical fouling.

In saying that it's just part of the modern game so you're adapting.

we are intense in the tackle for sure but watch it and you'll see its about surrounding the player and attacking the ball. 9 outta 10 times they are going at the ball. And definitely never nipping, sly digs or dragging players down. Do you agree?

imtommygunn

There is no malice in your team MR to be fair.

You would do a bit of tactical fouling to slow momentum down at midfield. However all teams do that these days. (I watched you against Cargin the other year in the semi, and you hammered them might I add, but there was quite a bit of tactical fouling went on against Tomas McCann in particular. You've not been just as bad the other days mind)

Alter Ego

Caught out by the hour lads and heading to work, sad news beginning to filter through that RM (Referee) was attacked by a mob of supporters a number of times from Rasharkin yesterday after the U21 semi-final, he was continually kicked and punched by the mob (Players and Supporters) as he tried to get to the changing rooms from all saints 2nd pitch, and only for some mentors from lamh dhearg and his officials he would have been in serious trouble. Taken to hospital I believe when he got away from the changing rooms nearly an hour after the game. Time for real law to be implemented, GAA law and rule book will never sort this type of behaviour out, whatever you think of a referee, these type of incidents need the ultimate sanctions, never mind pitch closures, banned from matches, pure utter Bull, do these people the proper way and get them into court!

Magicsponge

Jeez, that's not good. If this is true, which I sincerely hope it isn't, then you're right, the punishment needs to come from the court to punish the individuals for assault. Some people think that one you enter GAA grounds you somehow enter a law free zone, the abuse some referees take (whether warranted or not) would get people arrested. The club needs to be seriously punished as well, ban the club for a year and shut down their pitch for the following year, harsh on the good people in the club but this is a serious incident and an example needs to be made.
Again, I'm not sure how much truth there is in this matter, and I hope it is just rumours, but I think people need to wise up and realise refs have a difficult job, they almost always try to be fair and the don't mean to make mistakes. At least they have the balls to go out there and do it.

Milltown Row2

Was speaking to RM this morning. f**king savages they are that's it in a nutshell, what da fcuk did they think they were going to do? 30/40 players and supporters turned into a mob intent of injuring the referee. It could have been a lot worse only for the Lamh Dhearg officials that came to his rescue. Throwing stones also. Barbaric.

The county need to come down real hard on the club, I know there are good people in the club but unfortunately they will have have the suffer the penalties that will come out of this. Kicked out of competitions, and pitch closed for sure.

I hope and i feel he will, that Ray will get the police involved and get the main culprits and do them for assult, Ray had to spend his Saturday in A+E last night and has suffered menally from this also I'd say.