Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Ok HS I'm not going to blow smoke up your ass, if we lose it would be some shock, at 1/14 we should win, as you say by 12 pulling up. So us by 8
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Too early for odds for Ulster Championship?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: DearyMe on September 23, 2011, 11:41:57 AM
seen what you did there hard man, seen that.

I hope its competitive - it needs to be, because the football county championship is becoming a joke!
StGalls will be trying to get into another county if it keeps going like this!!!

has the county football cship not being a bit of a joke since 2001 apart from 2006 ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Milltown Row2

Not our fault, teams refusing to train as hard
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 23, 2011, 11:04:22 PM
Not our fault, teams refusing to train as hard

yeah, thats ballix, there isnt a team in antrim, or any team in Ireland who doesnt train their stones off. Nobody is saying Galls dont deserve any of their titles, they deserve every thing they have got over their 100+ years, but a bit disrespectful to the rest
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Milltown Row2

Dammed if we do and dammed if we don't

Milltown Row2

Would swap them all for one hurling cup.

NAG1

HS Get behind me satan!

MR2 is on the right track forget that easy game  ;)

Milltown Row2

Maybe teams not training as hard is a bit harsh, possibly a bit disrespectful. I'll take that back

On the game i think Lamh's will play a extra man in defence and leave Brendan Herron and Paddy Cunningham up front on their own and hit hopeful balls into them. This worked well against Cargin (eventually) and it may keep the scoring down.

Murray would need to win the majority of balls in midfield to give them a chance, Micko usually plays better when playing against us and should do well in the halfback line.

If we win the 50/50 balls into defence then we should win, should Lamh's manage a goal or two then it could be tight. Paddy Power offering a handicap of -7 for St Galls

I'd say there are a right few teams out there looking us bate because we have won so many lately. Having not won any minor in a few years is not a recipe for failing at senior in a few years.

The average age on the team is about 27/28 and we have introduced a few new faces this year from the juvenile teams. We are still producing good teams, they aren't winning too much but there are good players who will feature on the senior team. You only need two or three players pushing every year on the senior team

Seamroga in exile

If Cargin hadn't done the dirt on JC maybe, just maybe mind, they might have had something going over there.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Glensman

I think Micko just felt Pollock's Bollocks.

CJ has a right and big arse on him.

How is this so close?

Milltown Row2

Not a great game and our season could be over after that performance.

Credit with Lamhs who had a punchers chance up to the end. The Armagh champions won't have too much to worry about if we play like that again

Milltown Row2

Should have won the match in the first half had we taken our goal chances, Lamh's played a lot better than they did against Cargin in fairness.

As long as we continue to allow teams that chance then we won't do well against the top teams. Though hats off to the lads, they have put some run in and it's a credit to the effort over the years. Ya's may build that gate Hardstation, at least another 3/4 wins in that team. Sean burns lifted his 13 medal tonight also!!

Best for Lamh's, the minors had great games, great potential. Where we in control? Yeah maybe but not convincing

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on September 24, 2011, 10:59:08 PM
Good stuff and well done. Go out and get hammered, milltown.

As if I need to tell you.

Na left there about an hour ago, had a pint and drove home. Will head to Casement to have a few tomorrow though.

Some of the lads there. Becks bloody promotion on also too!!

bhoy1888

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 24, 2011, 06:22:07 PM
If Cargin hadn't done the dirt on JC maybe, just maybe mind, they might have had something going over there.
jc has not a clue about football,plenty around cargin better than him