nurse in royal pregnancy hoax call found dead.

Started by charlieTully, December 07, 2012, 03:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlieTully

The nurse who took a hoax call about Kate's pregnancy found dead this morning after apparently taking her own life.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: charlieTully on December 07, 2012, 03:30:12 PM
The nurse who took a hoax call about Kate's pregnancy found dead this morning after apparently taking her own life.

Jeez you don't mess with Prince Phillip!!

charlieTully

Quote from: Walter Cronc on December 07, 2012, 03:32:33 PM

Sad them cnuts can make someone fell so intimidated they take their own life.

rosnarun

did diana spenser death not send out a loud enough message .
Mind you a certain radion statione in Oz cant be feeling too proud right now
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

orangeman

Quote from: rosnarun on December 07, 2012, 03:43:20 PM

You can say that again.

LeoMc

Quote from: charlieTully on December 07, 2012, 03:40:41 PM

I would be placing more blame on the Radio station at this stage.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20645838
"The BBC understands Mrs Saldanha had not been suspended or disciplined by the hospital"

stew

Quote from: rosnarun on December 07, 2012, 03:43:20 PM

I have no gra for these fcukers, but to blame them for the death of this nurse has no basis in fact at this point, pure conjecture and unfair in my opinion.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

charlieTully

Quote from: LeoMc on December 07, 2012, 03:57:09 PM

"The BBC understands Mrs Saldanha had not been suspended or disciplined by the hospital"

Yeah true. Backfired in a brutal way.

Nally Stand

Quote from: LeoMc on December 07, 2012, 03:57:09 PM

I'd be astonished if that were true.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

trueblue1234

Very sad.

While I would feel little sympathy for the radio station who I'm sure are about to reap a worldwind of retribution, it sad that a prank led to this. There is no way this could have been predicted and no one would have expected a reaction like this to it.

Thoughts have to lie with the family, who I'm sure are not only upset but angry at what has happened.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Tubberman

It was a prank call. They didn't really have a go at the girl, they can hardly be held accountable for her death.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Tubberman on December 07, 2012, 04:22:07 PM
It was a prank call. They didn't really have a go at the girl, they can hardly be held accountable for her death.

I would imagine Royal family aides put huge pressure on this girl in the aftermath of the prank call. Yet watch how the British media will hammer the aussies when they should look closer to home!!

trileacman

Quote from: Walter Cronc on December 07, 2012, 04:25:07 PM

I would imagine Royal family aides put huge pressure on this girl in the aftermath of the prank call. Yet watch how the British media will hammer the aussies when they should look closer to home!!

How do you know that? Seemingly Charles was making light of it yesterday.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

trueblue1234

That's what I mean (Tho reading back I prob didn't make that clear). They will no doubt be hung out for the wolves over the head of it when in reality it was a joke that went wrong. Something that happens countless times before and it would have been impossible to predict this outcome.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

cadence

nonsense. they have a duty to adhere to journalistic ethics and standards, which generally include some version of the harm limitation principle. according to the graunaid, the station's license is on probation for 5 years. the station has form.

from wiki...

Harm limitation principle
During the normal course of an assignment a reporter might go about—gathering facts and details, conducting interviews, doing research, background checks, taking photos, video taping, recording sound—harm limitation deals with the questions of whether everything learned should be reported and, if so, how. This principle of limitation means that some weight needs to be given to the negative consequences of full disclosure, creating a practical and ethical dilemma. The Society of Professional Journalists' code of ethics offers the following advice, which is representative of the practical ideals of most professional journalists. Quoting directly:[17]
Show compassion for those who may be affected adversely by news coverage. Use special sensitivity when dealing with children and inexperienced sources or subjects.
Be sensitive when seeking or using interviews or photographs of those affected by tragedy or grief.
Recognize that gathering and reporting information may cause harm or discomfort. Pursuit of the news is not a license for arrogance.
Recognize that private people have a greater right to control information about themselves than do public officials and others who seek power, influence or attention. Only an overriding public need can justify intrusion into anyone's privacy.
Show good taste. Avoid pandering to lurid curiosity.
Be cautious about identifying juvenile suspects or victims of sex crimes.
Be judicious about naming criminal suspects before the formal filing of charges.
Balance a criminal suspect's fair trial rights with the public's right to be informed.
[edit]