The Official UFC Thread

Started by RONAN, February 05, 2008, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on October 07, 2018, 01:42:19 PM
Quote from: Boycey on October 07, 2018, 11:08:54 AM
I'm not UFC fan by any stretch but is this the myth of McGregor destroyed? Four defeats in only 25 bouts... Or will we see another 12 months of hype before this guy beats him again cause to my untrained eye I don't see how McGregor ever beats him?

Agree with this if this was a boxing record it would be pretty average. Some of the greats had 4 losses or more but they also had 40 odd wins

You can't compare records like that at all. Different sports.

Baile an tuaigh

McGregor not going to charge those who attacked him in the octagon after the fight according to Dana, so I will give Connor credit for that.

As regards the fight itself I thought it was very one sided not sure why Connor is looking a rematch. Russian very powerful.

From the Bunker

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 07, 2018, 02:22:16 PM
New Footage Emerges Showing McGregor's 'First Punch' At Khabib's Team

https://www.balls.ie/mma/new-footage-emerges-shows-mcgregors-throwing-first-punch-398275

He takes a swing alright but whats the loon doing jumping the fence to join khabib. The whole thing is a mess but like most sports the punnishment will be non-existant. UFC coming out of this very badly. Shame because some of the earlier fights were great

markl121

You're man Lewis post fight interview was quality stuff

Syferus

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on October 07, 2018, 02:46:49 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on October 07, 2018, 02:22:16 PM
New Footage Emerges Showing McGregor's 'First Punch' At Khabib's Team

https://www.balls.ie/mma/new-footage-emerges-shows-mcgregors-throwing-first-punch-398275

He takes a swing alright but whats the loon doing jumping the fence to join khabib. The whole thing is a mess but like most sports the punnishment will be non-existant. UFC coming out of this very badly. Shame because some of the earlier fights were great

You're mad if you think there will be non-existent punishments for this. The Nevada State Athletic Commission allow are sure to hand down a sanction to Khabib and if you think the UFC won't do likewise..

Gmac

Conor is there to make money (40/50m) that's his bottom line everyone gets beat in the ufc
I think he's lost some power or the pace of kabib was killing him or both
Wouldn't like to see him fight kabib again as I think it's the same result or worse
If Dana could get rid of kabib he would he's boring to watch for casual fan and is not box office like Conor is , Conor v Ferguson would be nice

yellowcard

It could be that McGregors lifestyle is catching up with him. Once he has lost that edge and hunger he has lost something intangible as a UFC fighter at the elite level. His primary motivation appears to be money and he already has enough of that.

trailer

A rather unsavoury sport that is full of unsavoury characters. Most of them belong in jail.

Syferus

Quote from: yellowcard on October 07, 2018, 09:21:36 PM
It could be that McGregors lifestyle is catching up with him. Once he has lost that edge and hunger he has lost something intangible as a UFC fighter at the elite level. His primary motivation appears to be money and he already has enough of that.

Absolute nonsense.

McGregor is a striker, he fought maybe the best wrestler in the history of the UFC. There was no lack of heart or effort from him but I doubt you even watched fight. You'd rather feign concern on a thread.

Captain Black

what a hormonal response to an innocuous comment  ;D

MoChara

Quote from: Syferus on October 07, 2018, 10:16:11 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on October 07, 2018, 09:21:36 PM

Absolute nonsense.

McGregor is a striker, he fought maybe the best wrestler in the history of the UFC. There was no lack of heart or effort from him but I doubt you even watched fight. You'd rather feign concern on a thread.

But McGregor didn't even win the stand up last night, khabib knocked him down and everything

Medic

(MUST SEE) PAULIE MALIGNAGGI REACTS TO MCGREGOR'S LOSS TO KHABIB & POST-FIGHT BRAWL: "HAD IT COMING"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y9_yQ5v8Xw
All Things Dr. Karl Raymond Marx Kennedy  - https://allthingsdockarlkennedy-blog.tumblr.com/

The Iceman

I enjoyed the card from top to bottom, some great highlight reel finishes, comeback wins, all out wars and then the main event and antics afterwards.
Well worth the money.

I thought Conor did surprisingly well in the fight. Khabib is as elite as they come on the ground. His style is exhausting. He's like a pitbull who inches closer and closer to the neck.  How he ties up the legs is instinctual and only comes with years of training. There is no escape on the ground once he has you.  Conor did well to delay the inevitable and hoped to crack him on the feet. But he was so focused on avoiding the takedown he ate a huge shot from Khabib that would have KO'ed many fighters.  I see no shame in tapping out. He avoided injury and lives to fight another day. He could still technically fight on the November card in MSG.

I think there was some orchestration Khabib's teams part, to the antics afterwards. The lads climbing in to the cage when the fight was on the other side just seems too suspect. Granted McGregor swiped at a lad climbing out of the cage in to the fight but those two lads both went for him - real dirt.

Rematch.... Conor will want one for the money and can market it.  But he can't beat this boy. There's no adjustments he can make in a short amount of time that would equip him for Khabib.  His ground game is just too far behind. His only chance in a rematch was his same chance in the first fight - to catch him on the way in with the left or a knee.

I'm disappointed with the continued begrudgery from many Irish fans and the delight in his loss.  His antics before a fight are "all business" and if you meet the man in person he's completely different. His real persona is the man who was interviewed by Karen Bryant a couple of days before the fight. A happy, grateful man who came from nothing and now has it all, who still loves the sport and the competition.

I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Mayo4Sam

Iceman, I had a conversation with someone at the weekend about Trump, arguing that he is doing quiet a good job for their economy. Their retort was that he might be but his manner of doing it is so despicable that it over shadows it.

Likewise with McG, he might be a good fighter but he is an absolute sc**bag. And this guy is going around with the tricolour around his neck, our flag, like he's some kind of ambassador for Ireland. He's an absolute disgrace. And to say it's just showmanship is nonsense, Tyson Fury is the same, degenerate animals. Ali was a showman, an entertainer.

"_Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing."_ - *Muhammad Ali 1963*

_"Your Da smells like shite"_- *Conor McGregor 2018*

Anyone who thinks this wasn't all scripted so there's be a bigger payday is codding  themselves, it's worse that WWF. Dana White is the new Vince McMahon. He called the bus incident the darkest day in the history of the UFC and proceeded to run it as a promo for this.
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me