Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

five points

Quote from: Blue in hope on September 17, 2014, 02:41:37 PM
The Cavan CCC under the Chairmanship of Gary Robins and Secretary Angela Hamiliton from Shercock DO appoint all referees for matches in the county.

Get your facts right.

Gary Robins isn't CCC Chairman.

Angela Hamilton isn't CCC secretary.

Blue in hope

Get your facts right.

Gary Robins isn't CCC Chairman.

Angela Hamilton isn't CCC secretary.

Facts are 100% right
Gary Robins IS  CCC Chairman.

Angela Hamilton IS  CCC secretary.

five points

Nope.

Gerry McKiernan (Swanlinbar) is CCC Chairman.

Gary Robins is CCC Secretary, and Assistant Secretary of the County Board.

If you don't know these basic facts, how can you criticise the CCC so strongly?

tommysmith

Quote from: five points on September 22, 2014, 02:30:46 PM
Nope.

Gerry McKiernan (Swanlinbar) is CCC Chairman.

Gary Robins is CCC Secretary, and Assistant Secretary of the County Board.

If you don't know these basic facts, how can you criticise the CCC so strongly?

The above is correct.

packiedevlin

I was just wondering does anyone know who the referee was at the Killeshandra v Redhills game on Friday night? I dont think the person who was listed actually reffed the game. I know we all complain about how bad the referees are from time to time but mostly you can fault their attitude or willingness but the guy on Friday brought the standard in my opinion to a whole new low level. It was very plain from the beginning that he did not want to be there, he was never up with play the entire game and ive never seen such laziness from a ref before and due to this he made some absolutely awful decisions for both teams!! In relation to the game itself Killeshandra were much the better team even though they played with 14 men for 3/4 of the game (a straight red that no one seemed to know why ) and were deserving winners. Redhills 3 county players were very poor and McKiernan from Killeshandra dominated midfield.

Itchy

Saw this over on hogan stand forum. Cavan really have got shitty draws on the league.

Stats for league games 2005 - 2015 Cavan games 2005 4 away 3 home 1st game away; 2006 4 home 3 away 1st game home; 2007 4 away 3 home 1st game away; 2008 4 away 3 home 1st game away; 2009 4 away 3 home 1st game away; 2010 4 home 3 away 1st game away; 2011 4 away 3 home 1st game away; 2012 4 home 3 away 1st game away; 2013 4 away 3 home 1st game away; 2014 4 away 3 home 1st game home; 2015 4 away 3 home 1st game away. Total of 11 years - 8 away and 3 home. Out of the 11 years 1st game at home 2 and 1st game away 9 years. Also in that period Cavan played Meath 5 times in the league and all games were played in Navan.

rodney trotter

Quote from: packiedevlin on September 22, 2014, 05:44:08 PM
I was just wondering does anyone know who the referee was at the Killeshandra v Redhills game on Friday night? I dont think the person who was listed actually reffed the game. I know we all complain about how bad the referees are from time to time but mostly you can fault their attitude or willingness but the guy on Friday brought the standard in my opinion to a whole new low level. It was very plain from the beginning that he did not want to be there, he was never up with play the entire game and ive never seen such laziness from a ref before and due to this he made some absolutely awful decisions for both teams!! In relation to the game itself Killeshandra were much the better team even though they played with 14 men for 3/4 of the game (a straight red that no one seemed to know why ) and were deserving winners. Redhills 3 county players were very poor and McKiernan from Killeshandra dominated midfield.

Some very poor standard of refS in the County. Tony Gregory was awful in the Lacken - Gaels game on Friday night. Niall Murray should have got a straight red card in the first half but only got a yellow The Belturbet - Shercock game was ruined by poor calls too, Killian Clarke had a excellent game , started off in FF.

It should be a good game between them and Ballyhaise

Itchy

Congratulations to cootehill. Well deserved win tonight over Ballyhaise. They'll do ok at senior level too next year.

comeysfield

Well done to Cootehill felt very sorry for the man who got the red card. Fair play to Arva on finally winning that junior

Itchy

BallyhaiseMan

mylestheslasher

Hard luck BHM. Sickener for you but I believe Cootehill were very impressive. Congrats to Arva too, I didn't think they would win that easy.

BallyhaiseMan

Yep no complaints, we were well beaten. Alan Clarke didn't play against Ballinagh, is he injured???
I'd have said at the beginning the Stars with their whole complement could be good enough to beat the Gaels,but with Joe Dillon also out and Clarke doubtful,i just don't see anything other than a Gaels win.

mylestheslasher

Time to restore normal order and beat Monaghan. Great draw for Cavan to be fair but then every other team on our side of the draw will be thinking that. The bottom half of the draw is a warzone! I always said the 3rd season is the important one. Remember when McHugh took over. 95 he over achieved getting to Ulster final, 96 was a big let down but 97 we did the business. We can dream!

What do ye think of Liam McHale possibly coming into  the Cavan set up? I wouldn't be too keen, hes a reputation as a bit of a soft touch in Mayo.

rodney trotter

Pats won today in the opening round of the MacRory group stages, 1-12 to 1-9 against Letterkenny. Few lads missing David Brady and Mattie McKenna, Co Minors.

McHale has a reputation as a very good coach, is it soft touch when he was a footballer?..