America`s Gun Culture

Started by Wildweasel74, December 14, 2012, 06:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Everyone should have more guns, especially these people: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPJVF-w0We8
MWWSI 2017

omaghjoe

Muppet, your last two posts on this thread have been completely disgraceful, you should be ashamed of yourself.

J70

Quote from: omaghjoe on September 14, 2015, 08:45:15 PM
Muppet, your last two posts on this thread have been completely disgraceful, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Seriously?

omaghjoe

Quote from: J70 on September 14, 2015, 09:35:37 PM

Seriously?

Well, I was hopin for Muppet...but you'll do nicely J70

(Winding reel furisously)......GOTCHA! :D

Im about as serious as Muppet was! ;)

mikehunt

How dare you. The authority on all things moral and intellectual shall smite thee down with great anger and furious vengeance

muppet

Pistols at dawn.

You choose the venue.

I choose the calibre.  ;D
MWWSI 2017

J70

Quote from: omaghjoe on September 14, 2015, 09:49:58 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 14, 2015, 09:35:37 PM

Seriously?

Well, I was hopin for Muppet...but you'll do nicely J70

(Winding reel furisously)......GOTCHA! :D

Im about as serious as Muppet was! ;)

I thought so, but just checking anyway!

moysider

I suppose this is back in the limelight now after the Oregon shooting this morning.

J70

Quote from: moysider on October 01, 2015, 09:10:16 PM

I suppose this is back in the limelight now after the Oregon shooting this morning.

For a few hours anyway...

Wildweasel74

Again another massace, what is wrong with Americans anyway, Cant they see the easy access to guns makes the likelihood of numerous deaths to some nutjob very likely.

Why do we never see this things on a regular basis in the UK, i say we got our fair number of nutters too but  their access to an arsenal to cause harm is restricted over here. Michael Ryan at Hungerford and Dunblane are the 2 most serious incidents i recall but this is a 6 monthly event in the good ole USA

Declan

Quotethis is a 6 monthly event in the good ole USA

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonkblog/wp/2015/10/01/2015-274-days-294-mass-shootings-hundreds-dead/
2015: 274 days, 294 mass shootings, 45th school shooting this year.

The Iceman

13 reported dead so far - fI can't wrap my head around why anyone would do it - just snuff out innocent lives like that  - there is no reason
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

moysider

Quote from: The Iceman on October 01, 2015, 10:42:39 PM
13 reported dead so far - fI can't wrap my head around why anyone would do it - just snuff out innocent lives like that  - there is no reason

There is always a reason. Somebody does not do this for no reason. There is always a motive for these events, and the crazy thing is there is usually concerns about the perpetrators before these tragedies happen.

Of course the relatively easy access to deadly weapons is an issue. These events now are endemic in American culture unfortunately and it seems to be a way that damaged individuals choose to make a statement/mark. Usually their final statement.

On reflection I accept that guns being so freely available has helped drive what has become a 'fashion'. That's what it is. Somebody gets pissed off and go do what the Columbine kids did.

We can t afford to be complacent here either. Last year an armed intruder was tasered in a school but it was kept quiet. We re about the only country in the western world that has not had a major school incident. We re on borrowed time.  Most schools are insecure and anybody can walk/drive in and roam around unchallenged. It could be only a matter of time before something bad happens.

stew

Wise up mate, he is not serious!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.