Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikhailov

Quote from: Localexpert on August 27, 2020, 10:02:56 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 27, 2020, 10:32:27 AM
The game will go ahead, he won't - or should not, be in nets.

Thankfully we don't spend a fortune on mercenaries so have been able to have private testing for the team which hasn't found any positive cases so he'll be playing!

Private testing!! - why would you go and do that when you can get tested in any number of free places at an hours notice and get your results back inside 24 hours. Sure loads of clubs have done it to date in many counties whereas there has been a case or two.

marty34

Quote from: hardstation on August 28, 2020, 09:39:02 PM
That was a very enjoyable game.

Yeah, not much between them two teams.

Have Killyclogher no sponsor?

square_ball

Very enjoyable game. Bradley and Brennan a joy to watch.

SHEEDY

Great match. Trillick probably just about deserved the win.
nil satis nisi optimum

skeog

Credit to all involved pity that their had to be a loser.Proper championship rather than some of the drivel being served up in other counties.

LeoMc

Quote from: square_ball on August 28, 2020, 09:43:18 PM
Very enjoyable game. Bradley and Brennan a joy to watch.
Was about to say Brennan is a lethal finisher, Bradley is a joy to watch.

You always want to see Bradley on the ball to see what he will make happen. With Brennan you know what will happen. Bradley's goal and Brennan's point from 55yards summed them both up.

clarshack

Feel sorry for the killyclogher keeper. Great save then had the balls to take the next penalty which was the best finish of the lot. Definitely didn't deserve to be on the losing side for that alone.

GiveItToTheShooters

Trillick deserved to go out for Brennan's barnet alone. Another penalty miss in a big game, didn't cost them this time though..

WT4E

Imagine having a County team strong enough not to have Lee Brennan playing..........

Angelo

Bradley was the best player in the pitch, think he got 3 or 4 pearlers off his weaker foot. Trillick had more of the game but they were very wasteful. Brennan hit a few monster scores in the first half.

Tiernan McCann had a terrific game for Killyclogher also.

Thought Mattie Donnelly was wasted as a sweeper, as the game went on he became more and more prominent though.

Killyclogher were very reliant on McCann and Bradley, Hayes and Murnaghan started off brightly but faded. I don't know what to make of Murnaghan, he has pace to burn and left R Donnelly for dead for the first goal but seemed to have 3 or 4 good moments  where he looked like he could destroy a team but played within himself for the rest of the game. He has that type of engine that could make a real impact at intercounty level if he can bulk up a little more.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Quote from: WT4E on August 28, 2020, 10:20:10 PM
Imagine having a County team strong enough not to have Lee Brennan playing..........

The problem is we also have Bradley and McCurry, similar players - all left footers and there's probably only room for one of that type in the starting team.

Brennan dropped himself off so he needs to have the will to get back and work hard for his place.

Canavan and Quinn from Coalisland should be challenging hard next year but they are very similar types of players to McCurry/Bradley/Brennan in that they are footballers first and foremost but they lack the physicality and you can't fit them all in the team so it's obvious some players will get disillusioned and drop off.

The prototype for the modern day top inside forward is a guy who is around 6"1 with pace and power and can play a bit. You think of the likes of Clifford/McManus/Mannion - that type of player

WT4E

Quote from: Angelo on August 28, 2020, 10:43:01 PM

The problem is we also have Bradley and McCurry, similar players - all left footers and there's probably only room for one of that type in the starting team.

Brennan dropped himself off so he needs to have the will to get back and work hard for his place.

Canavan and Quinn from Coalisland should be challenging hard next year but they are very similar types of players to McCurry/Bradley/Brennan in that they are footballers first and foremost but they lack the physicality and you can't fit them all in the team so it's obvious some players will get disillusioned and drop off.

The prototype for the modern day top inside forward is a guy who is around 6"1 with pace and power and can play a bit. You think of the likes of Clifford/McManus/Mannion - that type of player

Good Post!!!!

Just think our manager tends to make players try to endure some sort of footballing purgatory in an attempt to cleanse their footballing souls. Some great non Tyrone County player talent on show in the champo.

Look at Plunkett Kane what an example of an outstanding player screwed by the system.

Angelo

Quote from: hardstation on August 28, 2020, 10:57:58 PM
The Coalisland Quinns (I don't know which one you mean) are a bit off McCurry, Brennan and Bradley yet? Good players alright, with great feet. Not game winners like the other three though.

I think its Tiarnan who has been on the u20 team the past couple of years. The lad can finish anyway so he's an interesting prospect.

Bradley is the pick of those three for me, I think he is made from sterner stuff mentally. McCurry is a player whose confidence can be dented and I don't know if Brennan has the fire in him.

We have some good young forwards coming through right now - Jordan, Conroy, McAleer, Devlin from Moortown have also impressed in the last couple of years so it will be interesting going forward to see how they do. Sadly the way the game has gone now it's usually the guys with the right physical attributes that are more valuable than those who have the football.

Angelo

Quote from: WT4E on August 28, 2020, 11:00:51 PM
Quote from: Angelo on August 28, 2020, 10:43:01 PM

Good Post!!!!

Just think our manager tends to make players try to endure some sort of footballing purgatory in an attempt to cleanse their footballing souls. Some great non Tyrone County player talent on show in the champo.

Look at Plunkett Kane what an example of an outstanding player screwed by the system.

What age is Kane now?

I think he was unlucky with Tyrone, never really got a good go but his vintage more or less got overlooked. The transition was happening with Tyrone when the AI winning sides were beginning to be phased out around 2011/12 and a good few guys came into the squad at the same time after that but were jettisoned when we won the AI U21 in 2015

I came across a programme from the 2013 semi with Mayo a few weeks back - a lot of names there of lads with fairly short Tyrone careers - Ryan McKenna, Ciaran McGinley, Johnny Lafferty, Kane, Conor Clarke and a few others.

Clarke was a guy who looked like he would be a Tyrone mainstay for years but the dreaded ACL completely ruined him.

square_ball

Kane would be nearly 35 now at this stage. Great club player. Even if he is quiet or seems quiet he pops up with at least a few points every game. I remember that Dublin league game where he made an impact but for whatever reason didn't really get a consistent run at it to build on that.

What's everyone's views on penalties deciding games? I see teamtalk criticising it and not being part of our games etc. Personally I think it's great adds another element of excitement. I would be a fan.