Man City  15/8     

Chelsea  15/8   

Man Utd  11/2     

Liverpool  15/2     

Arsenal  9/1   

Tottenham  50/1   

Everton  80/1   

Odds for the main players.

Too early in the window yet to set out hopes for Utd but a return to the top 4 is a must.

From the Bunker

Similar to Liverpool last year, without the burden of Mid week European games Man U should be looking at top 4 at least. I presume those odds are for the Premier League title? I wonder do they change much for a top 4 finish?

macdanger2

Odds are way too short for Man U and Liverpool

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: macdanger2 on June 27, 2014, 11:47:21 AM
im surpised how short united are at this stage
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

EC Unique

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 27, 2014, 11:04:09 AM
Similar to Liverpool last year, without the burden of Mid week European games Man U should be looking at top 4 at least. I presume those odds are for the Premier League title? I wonder do they change much for a top 4 finish?

City         1-25
Chelsea    1-14
Utd          4-7
Arsenal    4-6
Liverpool  4-6
Spurs      10-3
Everton   13-2

thewobbler

Quote from: macdanger2 on June 27, 2014, 11:47:21 AM
Don't see that myself. 

Liverpool were just a couple of points off the title last season, so on known form should be closer in price to City. The Suarez ban is obviously a concern, but for all City's squad depth, they probably would have finished 3rd last season if Yaya Toure had have picked up an injury.

As for United, they hired a proven manager, have no European football to worry about, and already started spending big in problem areas.

Both are potential winners, so the odds really aren't unfair.

Farrandeelin

When will the tv rights be announced?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

johnneycool

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 02, 2014, 12:21:16 AM
When will the tv rights be announced?

its to be announced shortly when the sort out the issue of a few pensioners in Newquay who've went to football matches since they were knee high and now can't afford Sky or BT Sport or even a colour telly.

deiseach

Quote from: EC Unique on June 27, 2014, 10:49:26 AM

Man City  15/8     

Chelsea  15/8   

Man Utd  11/2     

Liverpool  15/2     

Arsenal  9/1   

Tottenham  50/1   

Everton  80/1   

Too early in the window yet to set out hopes for Utd but a return to the top 4 is a must.

Surprised Fulham and West Ham aren't in there, seeing as they are about Liverpool's level.

EC Unique

Quote from: deiseach on July 02, 2014, 02:46:48 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on June 27, 2014, 10:49:26 AM

Man City  15/8     

Chelsea  15/8   

Man Utd  11/2     

Liverpool  15/2     

Arsenal  9/1   

Tottenham  50/1   

Everton  80/1   

Surprised Fulham and West Ham aren't in there, seeing as they are about Liverpool's level.

They were for long enough. Amazing how one season back at the top table gets the chest sticking out again. ;D

deiseach

Quote from: EC Unique on July 02, 2014, 03:41:42 PM
They were for long enough. Amazing how one season back at the top table gets the chest sticking out again. ;D

Sorry, can't hear you, too busy feasting at the top table. Watch out for Fulham and West Ham in the second round of the Capital One Cup!

whitey

Sunday Games for 2014

I will be in ol' Blighty the weekend of Sunday September 28th and would love to take in a game in Metro London.  I went online to the EPL website and it is showing all games occurring on SATURDAYS for pretty much the entire season.

Do they change some of the games to Sundays when the TV schedule is announced or are they playing all games on Saturdays this year

Any help would be greatly appreciated

(I am attending a family function on Saturday, so that day is a no go)

AZOffaly

They are only provisional fixtures whitey. Subject to the vagaries of TV and other factors like Cup games. I'd say if you have either Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea in mind, there's a good chance they'll either be 5pm Saturday (ESPN/BT Sport) or Sunday (Sky).

EC Unique

Only 10 days to go! Looking forward to it all starting again😃

ONeill

This is always a good thread to revisit in 9 months to see how crap our predictions are.

However, I think Liverpool will really struggle this year to build on their 13/14 season. Having Suarez about the club was the main reason they finished where they did. I remember thinking at one stage last year he was the best I'd seen in that league, even over Henry. They'll finish 5th-7th and Rodgers will come under pressure during the season. Champions' League will harm their league form.

Chelsea will win it. City second if they want it but egos could wreck their season. Arsene will probably keep Arsenal top 4 and could sneak second if Ozil/Ramsey/Sanchez stay fit.

Not sure how Utd will fare. Probably 3rd but it might take a few weeks for them to find their feet.

Dark horse: Everton
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.