Mayo v London Sunday July 21st, 2013 Connacht Final

Started by From the Bunker, June 30, 2013, 05:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

Looking forward to the games at the weekend and the draw. Going to head in for them, 25euro for 3 games is pretty good value.
It's the first time I can remember going into a 1/4 draw and not being bothered who we are paired with. Horan and the team will focus and plan accordingly no matter who we are drawn against.

AMayoFan

Quote from: ballinaman on July 23, 2013, 11:57:07 AM
Looking forward to the games at the weekend and the draw. Going to head in for them, 25euro for 3 games is pretty good value.
It's the first time I can remember going into a 1/4 draw and not being bothered who we are paired with. Horan and the team will focus and plan accordingly no matter who we are drawn against.

If you're a GAA seasonally ticket holder you have an option to buy premium level tickets for 35euro.

ballinaman

Quote from: AMayoFan on July 23, 2013, 12:32:51 PM

If you're a GAA seasonally ticket holder you have an option to buy premium level tickets for 35euro.
I am but I think I'll go with a few Caaaavan lads I know, they'll be a bit lost around Croker. Could end up in Tolka park if I wasn't with them....

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: ballinaman on July 23, 2013, 01:57:59 PM

I am but I think I'll go with a few Caaaavan lads I know, they'll be a bit lost around Croker. Could end up in Tolka park if I wasn't with them....

And you won't get them to pay an extra tenner for premium level unless they could fill a suitcase with free food to bring home with them!
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

rodney trotter

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on July 23, 2013, 05:43:18 PM

And you won't get them to pay an extra tenner for premium level unless they could fill a suitcase with free food to bring home with them!

We could possibly be meeting ye in the Quarter finals, the Cavan fans will have a field day collecting O Neills footballs - from all the wayward Mayo shooting.

ballinaman

Quote from: rodney trotter on July 23, 2013, 05:53:11 PM

We could possibly be meeting ye in the Quarter finals, the Cavan fans will have a field day collecting O Neills footballs - from all the wayward Mayo shooting.
Where you pull that joke out of? 1996?  :P

Captain Obvious

Quote from: ballinaman on July 23, 2013, 06:16:42 PM

Eighteen wides against London wasn't it? and unlikely to score five goals against any quarter final opponent.

Tubberman

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 23, 2013, 06:48:36 PM

Eighteen wides against London wasn't it? and unlikely to score five goals against any quarter final opponent.

16 point win, 12 point win, 16 point win.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Tubberman

No q-final thread yet, so might as well post here.
I see in today's examiner they're saying Clarke is out for the rest of the championship because the hamstring has detached from the bone. Big blow for him and Mayo, but Hennelly and O'Malley are top keepers. O'Malley likely to miss q-final, but could be fit for semi if we got there.

On mayogaablog someone has posted that Alan Murphy, Keith Rogers and Brian Gallagher have been released from the panel. Strange that it wasn't all done at the same time rather than Evan Regan being dropped first, then the rest a couple of weeks later. Tough on them when they've been involved all year, but I suppose they knew at this stage they weren't going to get game time, especially with the injured lads back.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Syferus

It seems incredibly pointless to be dropping players at the end of July for a season that at best will last another month and a half. If it is as it seems, that is about the expenses it costs to have those few extra members, now was not the time to be chopping and changing to save a few Euro. I thought Keith deserved a far better crack than he got this year too, but there you go.

If Hennelly plays well in the AIQFs it'd be madness to drop him for O'Malley in a potential SF.

macdanger2

Seems awful strange to drop lads at this stage of the season alright, looks like a cost-cutting thing alright

anglocelt39

Fair play Ballinaman. I think it will be reassuring for the Cavan lads to be in the company of a bloke who's going even longer without sight of Sam then we are. Enjoy the day out :)
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Crete Boom

Quote from: anglocelt39 on July 26, 2013, 01:58:32 PM

Fair play Ballinaman. I think it will be reassuring for the Cavan lads to be in the company of a bloke who's going even longer without sight of Sam then we are. Enjoy the day out :)

Well also the last time you Caaavan lads won Sam was the year after we did so it looks like you will be waiting a year longer than us whenever our wait ends which could be another 61 years ;).  Come to think of it Cavan are the silent victims of our curse ;D.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

The Cavan fans might need to keep them because if we are playing them in the quarters it could very be likely be their goalkeeper collecting them from the back of their net most of the day.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

rodney trotter

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 26, 2013, 10:18:48 PM

The Cavan fans might need to keep them because if we are playing them in the quarters it could very be likely be their goalkeeper collecting them from the back of their net most of the day.

::)