HOW WOULD YOU VOTE IN A BORDER POLL?

Started by RedHand88, March 20, 2021, 02:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you back unity if a border poll was held tomorrow?

Yes (Northerner)
No (Northerner)
Yes (Southener)
No (Southener)

ardtole

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 29, 2021, 09:34:59 PM
Quote from: 6th sam on March 29, 2021, 08:59:16 PM
Quote from: skeog on March 29, 2021, 08:57:27 PM
Met a man today all he was concerned about was his benefits and his car thats the problem.No free cars down south he said and the fraud squad would know when you went to the toilet.I couldnt believe that he thought this way his benefits before a UI.To make it worse he would be a strong SF supporter.If he is thinking like that what hope have we of winning BP imo.

Incredibly I've heard similar rationale from so-called republicans 🤦🏻‍♂️

I was told on here that the south gives you more if you're a benefits user! Is it not the case?

I think the benefits in the south are better, but I forgot about the lads on dla

Milltown Row2

Free car and taxed and insured!

The ones with it don't even drive

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ardtole on March 29, 2021, 10:42:35 PM
Met a man today all he was concerned about was his benefits and his car thats the problem.No free cars down south he said and the fraud squad would know when you went to the toilet.I couldnt believe that he thought this way his benefits before a UI.To make it worse he would be a strong SF supporter.If he is thinking like that what hope have we of winning BP imo.

I was told on here that the south gives you more if you're a benefits user! Is it not the case?

I think the benefits in the south are better, but I forgot about the lads on dla
Need to think about the package!

sid waddell

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 29, 2021, 11:25:38 PM
Quote from: ardtole on March 29, 2021, 10:42:35 PM

Need to think about the package!
Shinners have always been about packages

Applesisapples

The free cars are coming to end up here.

Armagh18

Quote from: Applesisapples on March 30, 2021, 06:58:15 AM
Thank God. Disgrace what some c***ts are getting.

Saffrongael

I don't see how they are
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

seafoid

Quote from: Rois on March 29, 2021, 07:04:53 PM
Quote from: seafoid on March 29, 2021, 06:27:36 PM

Unless you want the 6 counties to remain as a polarised kip.
;D Say what you mean there Seafoid
Polarised means 2 camps and limited crossover
Kip means lower productivity, lower investment, lower educational standards, high outwards migration, low economic dynamism.
NI has a lot of margin, IMO, if it can fix the above
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Applesisapples

Quote from: Saffrongael on March 30, 2021, 08:25:23 AM

I don't see how they are
The conservatives have already started to tighten benefits, wait till the pandemic ends and savings need made.

Tony Baloney

I don't see how they are
Won't happen. Benefits are an industry here. A lot has been made about PIP and how Draconian it is with people starving etc. They forget that many many people in the North are getting the equivalent of dole, child benefit, housing benefit, DLA etc. so if you have 3 or 4 weans you could be on a right earner.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 30, 2021, 08:46:55 AM

I don't see how they are
Won't happen. Benefits are an industry here. A lot has been made about PIP and how Draconian it is with people starving etc. They forget that many many people in the North are getting the equivalent of dole, child benefit, housing benefit, DLA etc. so if you have 3 or 4 weans you could be on a right earner.

And if you get those kids diagnosed with some sort of condition that'll give you some more money!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 30, 2021, 08:54:24 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 30, 2021, 08:46:55 AM

I don't see how they are

And if you get those kids diagnosed with some sort of condition that'll give you some more money!

Thats the home run for a lot of people
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

smort

How many people do you know to be abusing the welfare system?

Rossfan

How many "career welfare" people vote?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

johnnycool

Quote from: smort on March 30, 2021, 09:54:40 AM
How many people do you know to be abusing the welfare system?

The top echelons of the Tory party are creaming the welfare system in a big way or is it OK to give vastly inflated contracts to party donors and go hammer wee Sammy for claiming a DLA car when his back isn't as bad as he's letting on?