Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Started by Angelo, October 22, 2020, 10:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Yes
122 (71.8%)
No
48 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 170

Evil Genius

One for all those people saying: "Sure I'm young and healthy, and Covid won't get me, so why should I bother with the vaccine?"

Covid jab probably does protect those around you

"The Covid-19 vaccine blocks pretty much all cases of serious illness - but the government has been much more cautious about saying whether it stops people carrying the virus and infecting others.

Until evidence had built up from lots of people being vaccinated, scientists could not say for sure if the jab would stop transmission - and there was concern those vaccinated might stop taking precautions, potentially leading to a rise in infections.

Yet the evidence is moving fast.

Protection from the vaccine may not be perfect and people still need to be careful - but this does not mean it provides no protection to others.

In fact it is becoming increasingly clear the jab is a very big step towards protecting those around you - particularly people who are vulnerable, including the elderly and those with care needs such as learning disabilities or mental illness.

A growing body of real-world evidence suggests it stops a big chunk of people catching the virus at all - if you don't get infected in the first place, you cannot infect other people."

(More here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56514470
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 01, 2021, 05:10:49 PM
Second jab this morning, the wife thinks its great, I've managed to power hose the paving, bring out the garden furniture from the garage, cut and trim the grass and walk the dogs!!

Though expecting the worst later, chills sore arm and a blood clot! ah well

I got my first AZ jab last week, felt ok for the first 12 hours and then the headaches, muscle aches, stiffness and temperatures like someone had given me a hiding.  :o
Took a few days to get back to normal, but no pain, no gain..

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Evil Genius on April 01, 2021, 07:18:19 PM
One for all those people saying: "Sure I'm young and healthy, and Covid won't get me, so why should I bother with the vaccine?"

"The Covid-19 vaccine blocks pretty much all cases of serious illness - but the government has been much more cautious about saying whether it stops people carrying the virus and infecting others.

Until evidence had built up from lots of people being vaccinated, scientists could not say for sure if the jab would stop transmission - and there was concern those vaccinated might stop taking precautions, potentially leading to a rise in infections.

Protection from the vaccine may not be perfect and people still need to be careful - but this does not mean it provides no protection to others.

In fact it is becoming increasingly clear the jab is a very big step towards protecting those around you - particularly people who are vulnerable, including the elderly and those with care needs such as learning disabilities or mental illness.

A growing body of real-world evidence suggests it stops a big chunk of people catching the virus at all - if you don't get infected in the first place, you cannot infect other people."

That is not what they say, they are saying, why should I get it, when nothing is reopening.

Armagh18

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 02, 2021, 10:36:22 AM

That is not what they say, they are saying, why should I get it, when nothing is reopening.
I agree. Should be reopening now or else whats the point? Almost everyone who is at risk has got at least one jab. I don't really give a f**k if I get covid or not.

Franko

In fairness plenty are saying that.

Including the board's most prominent anti-vaxxer

Milltown Row2

At this point it should all be about Covid hospital admissions and have a number to work from.

As for those who don't give a f**k, then their attitude will only spread it and we should bring in the vaccine passport
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armagh18

Quote from: Franko on April 02, 2021, 11:54:40 AM

In fairness plenty are saying that.

Including the board's most prominent anti-vaxxer
I'd say most youngpeople arent too bothered if they get the jab or not but will take it if it means getting back to normal.

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 02, 2021, 11:55:53 AM
At this point it should all be about Covid hospital admissions and have a number to work from.

As for those who don't give a f**k, then their attitude will only spread it and we should bring in the vaccine passport
Facist

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 02, 2021, 11:57:01 AM

Facist

Ok Karen
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JoG2

Facist

You're running around the board like a wee dog let out into a big field.

trailer

Quote from: JoG2 on April 02, 2021, 12:01:31 PM

Facist

Another shithead for the ignore list.

Louther

Facist

I'd say it's Angelos burner account  ;D

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 02, 2021, 11:57:51 AM

Facist

Ok Karen
If you're that worried about covid get the vaccine. If not then don't and it's none of your business who gets it or who doesn't. I'm not anti vax btw and will take it no problem.

Armagh18

Quote from: Louther on April 02, 2021, 12:11:23 PM

Facist

I'd say it's Angelos burner account  ;D
Ah now that's too far. Call me whatever you like but don't accuse me of being from Tyrone ;)

Milltown Row2

I've got both jabs.

I'm worried that others who don't take it will give it to others, or if there is a high percentage of non vaccine takers it will mutate and we are back to square one.

But hey ho