What about Texas Covid??
Fauci can't quite explain it
Open this 5 weeks fully
No masks no social distance
Full house at a baseball match
Cases plummeted??
Even the great Milly won't be able to explain that one

Stop testing please

Much of Texas has a nice climate in April, like an Irish summer and people are out and about. In a couple of months when it is 40C people will head indoors and crank up the aircon and the virus will spread.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

India having issues with rises of cases.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lenny

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 10, 2021, 05:57:00 PM
India having issues with rises of cases.

Where's angelo? He's been all over india and their laizzez fair approach to lockdown.

Rossfan

Banned along with Sid ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cunny Funt

ROI weekly update. Another good week in regards to the decline in cases and continued improvement in hospital numbers.

Cases 2817 (821 fewer than last week)
Reported Deaths 71 (19 more than last week. 3 of those deaths occurred in December, 12 in January, 30 in February, 12 in March and 14 in April.

In hospital 213 (29 fewer than a week ago)
In ICU 53 (5 fewer than last Sunday)

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 08, 2021, 09:01:00 AM
Na. If I'm vaccinated it's none of my business who else is and isn't. Trying to force people to take a vaccine is vile.

You've not been paying attention.

Viruses mutate. Given enough time and opportunity, they will mutate to a form which escapes the current vaccines.

Where are they going to mutate? In those that don't have the vaccine(s). Particularly if there are enough idiots to allow consistent and continuous spreading of the thing.

Hence why its important EVERYONE gets it - not just here, but across the world.
i usse an speelchekor

Hound

Quote from: Cunny Funt on April 11, 2021, 04:22:24 PM
ROI weekly update. Another good week in regards to the decline in cases and continued improvement in hospital numbers.

Cases 2817 (821 fewer than last week)
Reported Deaths 71 (19 more than last week. 3 of those deaths occurred in December, 12 in January, 30 in February, 12 in March and 14 in April.

In hospital 213 (29 fewer than a week ago)
In ICU 53 (5 fewer than last Sunday)
Thanks for these updates every week CF.

Letting the rest of secondary school students back in is beyond my comprehension when we're getting close to the end. Especially in Dublin where class sizes are generally big, teens spread just as much as adults. So having 20-30 people in the same room for an hour at a time, a number of times a day, just makes no feckin sense.

On the other hand, all outdoor activities should be open, with precautions (no changing rooms, people in separate bubbles to travel separately etc)

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on April 11, 2021, 09:30:15 PM
Na. If I'm vaccinated it's none of my business who else is and isn't. Trying to force people to take a vaccine is vile.

Viruses mutate. Given enough time and opportunity, they will mutate to a form which escapes the current vaccines.

Where are they going to mutate? In those that don't have the vaccine(s). Particularly if there are enough idiots to allow consistent and continuous spreading of the thing.

You cannot force people to take the vaccine, simple. End of. Nothing more to be discussed there. Thankfully, at that.

Should they take it? Sure.

Fact is, and this is unquestionable, the vaccine producers are not liable for any adverse reaction to the vaccine. That alone will always see a (small) number of folk wary and if they admit it or not, afraid. So for you to be saying they MUST get it, is the wrong approach and only entrenches people further against your viewpoint. What gives you the right to tell people they have to take something into their body?

Factor in a survival rate of 99% something versus a mixture of fear, the fact you can still get/spread Covid even after the vaccine and the fact some people just don't really see it as a threat full stop. I would say the uptake on the vaccine has been an astounding success. We don't need to force feed it to people as herd immunity will be pretty much achieved by every country I would imagine as most people are quite happy to take it. And that is great news.

The vaccines are experimental. For you to be demanding uptake is just wrong. The eventual science and data will hopefully get those fearful "on board".

Everyone is entitled to their view. We are going to get life back to normal one way or the other. Let people get to the decision on their own beit wanting to take the vaccine or not. Your point is that "idiots" will allow consistent and continuous spread is kinda mute, since you can catch Covid even after being fully vaccinated anyway.

Armagh18

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 12, 2021, 12:43:28 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on April 11, 2021, 09:30:15 PM

You cannot force people to take the vaccine, simple. End of. Nothing more to be discussed there. Thankfully, at that.

Should they take it? Sure.

Fact is, and this is unquestionable, the vaccine producers are not liable for any adverse reaction to the vaccine. That alone will always see a (small) number of folk wary and if they admit it or not, afraid. So for you to be saying they MUST get it, is the wrong approach and only entrenches people further against your viewpoint. What gives you the right to tell people they have to take something into their body?

Factor in a survival rate of 99% something versus a mixture of fear, the fact you can still get/spread Covid even after the vaccine and the fact some people just don't really see it as a threat full stop. I would say the uptake on the vaccine has been an astounding success. We don't need to force feed it to people as herd immunity will be pretty much achieved by every country I would imagine as most people are quite happy to take it. And that is great news.

The vaccines are experimental. For you to be demanding uptake is just wrong. The eventual science and data will hopefully get those fearful "on board".

Everyone is entitled to their view. We are going to get life back to normal one way or the other. Let people get to the decision on their own beit wanting to take the vaccine or not. Your point is that "idiots" will allow consistent and continuous spread is kinda mute, since you can catch Covid even after being fully vaccinated anyway.
Yeah I'd pretty much agree with all of that. Seeing reports of a lot of people heading to a&e with mild vaccine side effects on advice of their gp. Hopefully just people being overly cautious.

Tony Baloney

I'm comfortable with people not being forced to take the vaccine provided the refusers accept they give up the right to access cinemas, pubs, concert venues, holidays etc.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 12, 2021, 01:21:46 PM
I'm comfortable with people not being forced to take the vaccine provided the refusers accept they give up the right to access cinemas, pubs, concert venues, holidays etc.

Basically pin the yellow star on them then?

This type of thinking is insane. You are saying you want to isolate people from society, who won't take an experimental vaccine, as is their right for something, they most likely will never even get anyway?

I can't for the life of me understand, after this last year and whatever. Demanding people are excluded from society, for the potential spread of something they may not even have, let alone know they have when you will be protected from serious illness anyway due to having the privilege of being vaccinated.

While we are it, might as well carpet bomb the Africans. 

clarshack

So you're happy to discriminate against people who won't take a dodgy as fcuk jab? Wow.
Maybe you should read a history book or 2.

Louther

Quote from: clarshack on April 12, 2021, 01:45:14 PM

So you're happy to discriminate against people who won't take a dodgy as fcuk jab? Wow.
Maybe you should read a history book or 2.

Why is it dodgy?

trueblue1234

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 12, 2021, 01:40:52 PM

This type of thinking is insane. You are saying you want to isolate people from society, who won't take an experimental vaccine, as is their right for something, they most likely will never even get anyway?

I can't for the life of me understand, after this last year and whatever. Demanding people are excluded from society, for the potential spread of something they may not even have, let alone know they have when you will be protected from serious illness anyway due to having the privilege of being vaccinated.

The other side is that people who aren't taking the jab and are happy to sit back and let others in society take the risk but still want to reap all the benefits. The reality is that if everyone thought like this Covid would be here to stay for a long time.
I don't believe in forcing someone to take the jab. But I do believe those healthy people who don't are selfish and not prepared to help society.
If not an experimental jab btw. It's approved.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: trueblue1234 on April 12, 2021, 01:57:05 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 12, 2021, 01:40:52 PM

The other side is that people who aren't taking the jab and are happy to sit back and let others in society take the risk but still want to reap all the benefits. The reality is that if everyone thought like this Covid would be here to stay for a long time.
I don't believe in forcing someone to take the jab. But I do believe those healthy people who don't are selfish and not prepared to help society.
If not an experimental jab btw. It's approved.

It's approved with no liability. I would call that experimental, but a form of words. Either or.

Experimental perhaps slights it that I am anti vaxx, of course I am not. I will be getting it when my turn allows. I have detested this way of living for over a year now.

If someone doesn't want to take it, what can we do? You cannot toss them into some kind of underground world - go live on the outskirts of town, not allowed in stuff. It's the same as smoking, everyone knows it kills, but it's their choice if they put that shite in their lungs. All we can do is hope not to get a bit of 2nd hand stuff on the streets. Obviously a bit of a stretch, but you get the idea regarding freedom of choice. Covid might kill quicker than smoking, but both still kill.

What do we do with u18s? They make up about a quarter of each countries populations, will they ever get vaccinated? What about the pregnant? Those that medically can't take the vaccine?