Lions Tour

Started by bennydorano, June 03, 2017, 07:50:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

square_ball

It's irrelevent what Gatland has done in his previous 2 tours. At this precise moment in time who is the lions coach? It's not Gatland he is simply the Wales head coach. I must have missed the news story where Ian McGeechan was sacked after 2009 or can you fire a link up there?

Whether he was to be offered the position or not is another issue. He has simply ruled himself out for the running next time around.

AZOffaly

Quote from: square_ball on October 20, 2017, 02:06:00 PM
It's irrelevent what Gatland has done in his previous 2 tours. At this precise moment in time who is the lions coach? It's not Gatland he is simply the Wales head coach. I must have missed the news story where Ian McGeechan was sacked after 2009 or can you fire a link up there?

Whether he was to be offered the position or not is another issue. He has simply ruled himself out for the running next time around.
OK, how about he quit his interest? :)

square_ball

Ok I'll agree to that  ;)

Never beat the deeler

If Warburton is not available for the next tour, has he resigned the captaincy?
Hasta la victoria siempre

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on October 20, 2017, 11:39:45 PM

:o

10er says he's not fit for it? Banker.

sid waddell

Full steam ahead for the pièce de résistance of the sporting year

Like some of the great Lions tours of old, it's one where our boys will ignore widespread pleas not to go to South Africa - but this time, it's those who support apartheid who are demanding they don't go

Still, there's a great comfort in some of that tradition being rekindled

TwoUpTwoDown

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 24, 2017, 10:24:52 AM

The crystal ball was working well here, although sad that he is fully retired and it is very much old news at this stage

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: TwoUpTwoDown on March 27, 2021, 12:51:12 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 24, 2017, 10:24:52 AM

The crystal ball was working well here, although sad that he is fully retired and it is very much old news at this stage

Very sad to see a player of that calibre bow out so early. When you see AWJ still ploughing the field at 35?

Warburton could have become one of the all time greats. Recovered from 2011 and all that came with that exceptionally, could have ruined a lesser man.

Tony Baloney

Warburton in jackal mode routinely put his head in where you wouldn't put a boot, so it is unsurprising that he called it a day. When you start needing neck surgery the game is up.

GetOverTheBar

AWJ Captain.

37 man squad, not 36. Squad announcement due anytime now.

tiempo

Helix.

Furlong
Beirne
Murray
Henshaw
Henderson
Aki
Conan
Porter

Sexton missing out hardly a surprise with injuries. I would have thought James Ryan would be in with a shout aswell.
Furlong and Henshaw possibly definite starters going on form at moment but no doubt a lot can change in warm up games.

GetOverTheBar

A few interesting calls there, I thought Ryan would be a cert to go ahead of Iain Henderson.

Louther

Henderson in for his physicality? He'll do well to force himself into reckoning.

12 months back Ryan would have been a banker.

Aki a bolter. As is Cohan.

Capt Pat

I would have taken Ryan ahead of Henderson and Beirne. Beirne may have been taken as a backrow or second row. Conan is a surprise inclusion as is Aki.

Ringrose will be disappointed.