Official Monaghan GAA Thread

Started by GrandMasterFlash, February 02, 2007, 08:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timmyot501

Are all our home league games in the league fixed for Clones??

Wuz in Omagh yesterday and I was happy enough with the performance for the time of year.  Think we need to start playing half forwards as actual forwards some time soon and chipping in with a few scores to ease the pressure on Tommy would be no harm at all.  Thought Clerkin put in a good effort (fond of taking plenty of steps all the same) and most of the subs made a bit of a difference.  O'Neill and Cavanagh were the difference in the end.

tyronefan

anybody know who is the new Magheracloone manager?

thebandit

Quote from: timmyot501 on January 19, 2009, 09:21:12 AM

I heard Inniskeen is getting one.

donelli

Quote from: thebandit on January 21, 2009, 03:45:45 PM
Quote from: timmyot501 on January 19, 2009, 09:21:12 AM

I heard Inniskeen is getting one.

probably the cork one if they show up

timmyot501

Well it would be better than the last time we played Cork in blayney - that was an awful day and we got relegated too.

thebandit

Quote from: timmyot501 on January 22, 2009, 02:34:37 PM
Well it would be better than the last time we played Cork in blayney - that was an awful day and we got relegated too.

Bad game, bad weather, bad everything that day! - Blayney is the most convenient ground in the county imho, and well capable of holding a crowd, but is it wise putting a game early in the year with a high chance of rain in a ground with no stand?

Schkite

Clontibret pitch is in a good central location too, and has good parking facilities too. It held league games well in the past. But there's only a small covered area and the rest grassy banks, not ideal I suppose. But Blayney really need to get some sort of cover, that was a nightmare at that Cork game a few years ago.

bingobus

Quote from: Schkite on January 22, 2009, 04:10:17 PM
Clontibret pitch is in a good central location too, and has good parking facilities too. It held league games well in the past. But there's only a small covered area and the rest grassy banks, not ideal I suppose. But Blayney really need to get some sort of cover, that was a nightmare at that Cork game a few years ago.

I know Blayney has come into a lot of criticism in past (espically by some posters on Hoganstand) but most people don't take into account the sheer scale of what is required. The costs are far too prohibitive for a club to undertake, believe me we have looked. We could put a shed cover up but it would restrict view and only cover a very small part of the crowd and not nearly the capacity of the seats. Its a good summer venue but a big overhaul is needed and the costs are away out of the clubs league. Remember that Inniskeen got a nice golden egg from their last ground, most clubs could do something similar given the same funds.

Blayney are addressing the issue but the time is not for raising funds of the nature needed. I would lay a new pitch before anything else.

thebandit

Quote from: bingobus on January 22, 2009, 05:14:38 PM

I know Blayney has come into a lot of criticism in past (espically by some posters on Hoganstand) but most people don't take into account the sheer scale of what is required. The costs are far too prohibitive for a club to undertake, believe me we have looked. We could put a shed cover up but it would restrict view and only cover a very small part of the crowd and not nearly the capacity of the seats. Its a good summer venue but a big overhaul is needed and the costs are away out of the clubs league. Remember that Inniskeen got a nice golden egg from their last ground, most clubs could do something similar given the same funds.

Blayney are addressing the issue but the time is not for raising funds of the nature needed. I would lay a new pitch before anything else.

Yeah, the overall layout means that it would be very hard to put in a suitable stand. A stand would either have to be massive (which would be unsustainable) or it would block the view. If anything the place is probably too big!

The only thing is that if land values rise again you could probably sell a bit at the front and get a good job done with the proceeds.

bingobus

Quote from: thebandit on January 22, 2009, 10:44:04 PM
Quote from: bingobus on January 22, 2009, 05:14:38 PM

Yeah, the overall layout means that it would be very hard to put in a suitable stand. A stand would either have to be massive (which would be unsustainable) or it would block the view. If anything the place is probably too big!

The only thing is that if land values rise again you could probably sell a bit at the front and get a good job done with the proceeds.

You buying  ;D You'd have a good site to build a party house and give the good residents of No. 11 CH a well deserved rest  ;)  ;D

Joxer

Score from todays inter-County Vocational school game:

Monaghan 3-11 Tyrone 1-6

timmyot501

Anyone got the full draw for the monaghan club championships which were made last night??

thebandit

Senior

Doohamlet v scotstown
Blayney v truagh
Latton v Clontiret
Ballybay v Inniskeen
Carrick v mcloone

Inter

Tyholland v amullen
corduff v cremartin

Harps v abog
drumhowan v dmoyne
Rock v eire og

Junior

Seans v emyvale
Currin v toome

killeevan v killanny
oram v clones
bhill v o hanlons

Biggest games looks to be latton / clontibret , carrick v mcloone and seans v emyvale . Nothin much stands out in the intermediate draw aas teams all very even

Leagues start on April 5th

B gAMES ROUND MID MARCH

bingobus

Which is the preliminary round in the senior? The top two?

time ticking away

Quote from: bingobus on January 27, 2009, 01:08:56 PM
Which is the preliminary round in the senior? The top two?

i dont think so
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......